Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:43:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  MTV should broadcast the concert
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: MTV should broadcast the concert  (Read 2826 times)
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: April 14, 2006, 04:18:02 PM »

They sometimes show concerts in small venues, such and the hard rock. Since it's being held in New York , home of MTV I think it'd be smart for them to get in on this. Knowing them though... no Anyone agree this would be a good idea.
Eric
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 04:21:32 PM »

Music stopped as the main influence for MTV years ago, even for bands like GNR-VH1 would be a better option, but I don't see it happening-I kind of grew up on MTV-the lack of videos played and music played is amazing today looking back at how it was 10 years ago-that is a different subject all together, which I could vent for hours on, but as far as your topic headline, don't hold your breath.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 04:29:14 PM »

MTV SHOULD do a lot of things
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 04:29:35 PM »

i doubt mtv would do it but mtv 2 is very possible

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
Eric
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 04:34:11 PM »

I fell in love with Guns n Roses at Rock in Rio '91-they broadcasted a lot of the concert-MTV used to be magical, and now we get dating games-we go from Nirvana Unplugged (to me one of MTV's greatest moments) to date my mom-but then again, I'm an old fuddy duddy-(oh my God I'm turning into my parents)!s
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 04:46:01 PM »

i doubt mtv would do it but mtv 2 is very possible

Even MTV 2 has turned into a filler "comedy" station with shows like Viva La Bam, The Andy Milonakis, & Wildboyz......Other than that it's now saturated by nothing but R&B and hip-hop videos.   no 

I highly doubt that MTV would take the time to cover anything GnR.  At most, you might get an mtv news blurb with Kurt Loder mentioning the show(s).

VH1-Classic or VH-1, maybe.  But even that I doubt.   Undecided

To say what we are thinking.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 04:46:59 PM »

And then they would bash Axl every 5 seconds  hihi
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 05:45:31 PM »

I used to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE MTV in the 80's and early 90's but they went to shit when they stopped playing videos all the time.

They saved a little face when Beavis and Butt-head got hot, then went back into the toilet again shortly after that.  It AMAZES me Kurt Loder is still around.

I don't know why they even bother anymore.  I haven't watched in years and don't intend to.  I don't see why bands bother making videos anymore either.  When does anyone get a chance to see them? 

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 05:47:28 PM »

The only time they play videos is in the morning now. From like 4 to 10 am I think.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 05:48:22 PM »

The only good thing at MTV is Kurt Loder. Great guy. For the rest, MTV has been a joke for a long time now. It was an amazing TV channel in the 80's and early 90's, the music was GREAT. But today it's all about hip-hop and "wah wah, yo yo" and stupid programs.... it's superficial.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 05:50:12 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 05:52:28 PM »

Yeah, not all of us dig that "let's make 1000 illegitimate kids and smoke crack" wiggy wiggy boom boom gansta rap shit.

I'd like to hear a little rock/metal now and then.  Just not the pansy-ass shit coming out today for the most part.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 05:59:03 PM »

Yeah, today's music sucks anyway. But, i'd rather see hip-hop videos than these stupid dating and reality shows. Although I do have to say, I dig gangsta rap very much....you know like NWA, Dre, Snoop, and Eazy E. Good stuff.
Eric
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 06:03:05 PM »

Does anybody remember in '91 or '92 they used to have an entire weekend dedicated to Guns n Roses? They used to to this for different groups sometimes. I remember a Metallica/Guns n Roses weekend around the time of the co-headlining stadium tour
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 06:05:59 PM »

Does anybody remember in '91 or '92 they used to have an entire weekend dedicated to Guns n Roses? They used to to this for different groups sometimes. I remember a Metallica/Guns n Roses weekend around the time of the co-headlining stadium tour

Hell yeah, I remember.  Junior year of high school.  Also the first time I saw Sorum behind the drum kit with GnR, during the Rock in Rio show.  Great, great memories.
avesia
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 06:07:45 PM »

yeah...nowadays it's Britney Spears weekend, Beyonce weekend, Jennifer Lopez weekend, Shakira weekend, and many other idiots... rant
Origen
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 06:09:11 PM »

Why do so many people give MTV shit, in the UK MTV still plays alot of rock and other genre's, it's a very open channel.

They probably won't broadcast it, but they maybe have short clips from the concert like they did for the Ritz in 1991.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 06:09:34 PM »

yeah...nowadays it's Britney Spears weekend, Beyonce weekend, Jennifer Lopez weekend, Shakira weekend, and many other idiots... rant

Not even, they dont even play music anymore. The only music related things they do is the videos in the morning and then the VMAs once a year. Thats pretty much it.
Eric
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 06:14:21 PM »

It used to be fun to go home everyday and see the top 20 video coundown, to see how many weeks in a row a GNR video would be voted #1, especially during the illusion era-I know I'm getting off topic here, sorry
Megaguns
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 06:15:25 PM »

will someone at least record some audio of the gig if they cant bootleg it to video?
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2006, 07:45:35 PM »

Tim Kash does the news on MTV UK...its pretty pathetic. Wait, pretty pathetic? It's god damn awful.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: