Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:47:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Matt Sorum meets Axl in NYC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum meets Axl in NYC  (Read 15992 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2006, 11:43:51 PM »

Agreed. I wanna see the new band and what they can do as a real band (with interviews, videos, etc.). Plus finally hear THAT album.

They will never be a "band" in that sense as they are never going to be Axl's equals. You may work together and collaborate, but at the end of the day he signs their checks and is their boss. So I don't think we will ever see the type of open format in regards to band member access we did with the old guns because Axl was a band member and not an employer.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2006, 11:45:04 PM »

If money was a big issue they would have done it before, but its not. I heard several times that they were offered big bucks to reunite but that is not Axl's goal at this point...

There is no way a reunion can happen right now given all the money the label spent on CD. That album has to see the light of day before anything else can truly move forward.

However, don't think Axl didn't see Live 8 this year and the reaction Pink Floyd playing together again garnered. A Waters-less Floyd still sold album and sold out stadiums, but the magic of them playing together again was undeniable.

When Axl heard the numbers being thrown around for a Floyd reunion after that I am sure it got his attention in terms of what a Guns reunion could potentially be worth in the future.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2006, 11:46:14 PM »

OK...I figured out what's weird about this thing. ?Matt didn't mention that it was strange that he was with Axl. ?He didn't use the word odd, strange, bizare...nothing indicating how weird it is to be around Axl again after all these years. ?That's just peculiar to me.

Then again, I'm drunk. ?What do I know.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2006, 11:48:34 PM »

Jarmo, sure did find that nugget quickly. 
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2006, 11:49:40 PM »

If money was a big issue they would have done it before, but its not. I heard several times that they were offered big bucks to reunite but that is not Axl's goal at this point...

There wasn't quite the interest in a reunion before the way their appears to be now. The success of the Greatest Hits album showed the public still has an interest in hearing that line-up together. The money would be much greater now than even a couple of years ago, as VR's success and the GH album have shown there is a waiting public out there. It will happen in due time.
SuperMike
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2006, 11:50:32 PM »

That's cool to hear Axl and Matt got along.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2006, 11:52:48 PM »

Jarmo, sure did find that nugget quickly.?

It was e-mailed to me....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2006, 12:26:38 AM »

This story is intriguing!  What is really interesting, is that the two ended up hanging out at the same afterhours party!  One has to wonder who their mutual friend was?  With all of these rumors, and especially coming right on the tail of one involving both of Matt's former bands--The Cult and GNR--it seems like there maybe more to this.  On the other hand, who knows.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2006, 12:40:03 AM »

Nice to see what a chicken-shit hypocrite Matt was when he went face-to-face with Axl rather than sitting comfortably behind the VH-1 Behind The Music cameras.  Wonder why he didn't ask him to his face "whats with the piano!?" or inquire about his "erratic and bizarre personality" that "ended the 90's version of Guns".  Suddenly his tune changed and he's telling him what an awesome front-man he is and he has no hard feelings for him.

I don't whether we should have more respect for Matt for this or less.

dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2006, 12:41:03 AM »

I don't think there will ever be a reunion, at least not any time soon.

However, I do think it would be pretty fucking funny if they announce they were getting back together.  And then, knowing Axl, they would re-record everything on Chinese Democracy with the orginal guys and take another ten years before its released.

But yeah, no reunion.  No chance in hell.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2006, 12:43:22 AM »

Very nice item. I am very happy that they cleared the air and learned to forgive each other.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Fusion
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2006, 01:01:30 AM »

There is no way a reunion can happen right now given all the money the label spent on CD. That album has to see the light of day before anything else can truly move forward.

Yeah, but we don't know what they may have planned.  Maybe they re-unite and the band plays summer dates in order to hype up the release of the album.  That album being Axl's songs, as well as some of the songs they worked on in the mid 90's, and maybe some of the songs Slash and Duff worked on with Izzy for VR, before Scott rejected them.

If you're Geffen, do you agree to push back the album to late 2006 or early 2007 so that the guys have time to re-unite and get everything set?  And in the meantime hype up the album by playing some summer shows?  IMO that's an easy question.

And if a reunion is in the cards, we don't know how long that's been the case.  If Slash met Axl last fall he could have been doing his parts on the songs since then.

We simply don't fuckin' know (and that includes Kurt Angle too).  There's lots of ways to make this work and still get the album out this year.

I remember someone on this board saying there's no way a reunion will happen...they wouldn't be able to keep it quiet and we'd all hear about it.  Well, I'd say that's already happening.  This sure ain't what I call quiet.

It may not happen at all, but it's just been one sign after the next for weeks now.  This is merely the latest one.

a.k.a. KBear
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2006, 01:05:17 AM »

man if they pull this thing off they better do it right  ok
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2006, 01:09:30 AM »

I just wish that someday they sit together to drink some bears to the gold old days and somebody take a pic of this moment, that will rock.

green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2006, 01:15:01 AM »

Most of the people should realize that there won't be any REUNION any time soon....
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2006, 01:41:40 AM »

nice article

reunioin or not, its nice to see two old allies being civil to one another

time to bury the hatchet for good

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Origen
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2006, 02:23:20 AM »

Also, was their ever any documented fued between Axl and Matt? I don't recall any.

Not really. There hasn't been that big of fued's between Axl and the old member other than that they had different views on what GnR should be, so they simple disbanded.

And this does not mean there will be a reunion. Why do you think he said 6 years and not 9, because Matt met Axl in a hotel about 6 years ago, it didn't bring him any closer to rejoining the band just like it won't now.

They spoke it was pleasent, that's all I'm glad to hear.
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2006, 02:26:12 AM »

Funny, I thought VR entered the recording studio this week? ?Does anyone wonder, if the meeting was "just a chance" encounter?

Matt was with Camp Freddy in NYC. They performed at the Hard Rock Cafe this past weekend. Scott and Duff were also there with Matt, here'sa review from Peebs over at the VR forum.

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=21417.0

Personally I'm glad that both these guys have buried the hatchet so to speak. They been through a lot with each other and it's nice to see that are on speaking terms again.

A reunion right now is not very likely, this was just a coincidence, nothing more or less. It will be interesting to see what kind of spin Blabbermouth or Metal Sludge puts on this.

DH

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2006, 03:51:54 AM »

Most of the people should realize that there won't be any REUNION any time soon....

Well, as we don?t know anything, not even you, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion.

Certainly, something?s going on. Being a reunion or not, I don?t care. But I really hope too see some good music this summer.

I just wished sometimes, that Guns n Roses could build on momentum. It?s very important...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2006, 04:29:10 AM »

that is something else.. Either way there's no reason to be enemies... These are two men that are 44 years old ... I remember when vince and tommy bumped into eachother in vegas.. hihi

They drove back to the hotel listening to CD Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: