Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:30:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Duff to play same festivals as GNR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff to play same festivals as GNR  (Read 13969 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 10:46:02 AM »

is there a link to that article?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2006, 03:06:06 PM »

I can't believe they still call themselves alice in chains hihi

Man I can open a big can of worms right now....b.ut I won't. hihi

HAHAHA, Absolute Classic!!  (I see where you're going with that)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2006, 03:11:33 PM »

I don't believe how so many people here show absolutely no respect to the old band! Why are you here if you seemingly hate them?

Most of these people talking shit about the old band never experienced the old band.  I think they are too young to have experienced the "original" GNR.  All they know are these new members, not the members that made GNR one of the greatest bands of all time.

yeah i'm too young to realize tommy never misses a note. tommy made one solo record that owns anything any ex member had done before, including, duff. and that he can actually play duff's parts a lot better.
i'm so young...
i love duff, but i'm not stupid. just because duff was there first it doesn't mean he's better than tommy, he isn't
besides, to have slash and duff back on the fold would mean i was holding on all these years to dream that never came true. i wan't the new gn'r to do their thing, release a cd and show the world what was the plan in the first place.
cuz we lost the old line up so all our faith is in the new guys, if we don't have that... i dunno why i was wasting my time all these years coming in here reading about the new band.

Chinese Democracy!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2006, 03:14:58 PM »

im sure duff wont be touring with AIC.. he just played with the some shows... but wont tour with them europe

I think the entire thread could have ended right here... He just did some fill in spots the way I see it, plus he should be wroking on vr shit and maybe even touring with them or doing a few shows with them
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2006, 03:23:05 PM »

im sure duff wont be touring with AIC.. he just played with the some shows... but wont tour with them europe

I think the entire thread could have ended right here... He just did some fill in spots the way I see it, plus he should be wroking on vr shit and maybe even touring with them or doing a few shows with them

The original post states that blabbermouth reports "According to Rolling Stone Duff might go on tour with AIC."

I know I know... sounds like a stretch. 
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2006, 03:24:31 PM »

I thought Duff was having surgery this summer and would be recieving a spine implant... word is it would take him 2-3 months to be back to full strength after finally recieving a spine.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2006, 03:25:30 PM »

I don't believe how so many people here show absolutely no respect to the old band! Why are you here if you seemingly hate them?

Most of these people talking shit about the old band never experienced the old band.? I think they are too young to have experienced the "original" GNR.? All they know are these new members, not the members that made GNR one of the greatest bands of all time.

yeah i'm too young to realize tommy never misses a note. tommy made one solo record that owns anything any ex member had done before, including, duff. and that he can actually play duff's parts a lot better.

Play DUFFS parts alot better. ?Until CD comes out, I wouldn't try going around proving that Tommy is better, until Tommy starts writing timeless licks. ?Pop in AFD and listen to SCOM when Duff first starts playing...A timeless and memorable bass intro. ?Listen to Its so Easy when Duff first starts the song..another timeless bass part. ?Play DUFFS parts alot better? ?Duff INVENTED the parts.  That is what makes a musician in the end.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 03:28:12 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2006, 03:34:58 PM »

Most of these people talking shit about the old band never experienced the old band.? I think they are too young to have experienced the "original" GNR.? All they know are these new members, not the members that made GNR one of the greatest bands of all time.

Play DUFFS parts alot better. ?Until CD comes out, I wouldn't try going around proving that Tommy is better, until Tommy starts writing timeless licks. ?Pop in AFD and listen to SCOM when Duff first starts playing...A timeless and memorable bass intro. ?Listen to Its so Easy when Duff first starts the song..another timeless bass part. ?Play DUFFS parts alot better? ?Duff INVENTED the parts.? That is what makes a musician in the end.

Agreed, although I do love the work Stinson did on CITR....
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2006, 03:38:26 PM »

Play DUFFS parts alot better. ?Until CD comes out, I wouldn't try going around proving that Tommy is better, until Tommy starts writing timeless licks. ?Pop in AFD and listen to SCOM when Duff first starts playing...A timeless and memorable bass intro. ?Listen to Its so Easy when Duff first starts the song..another timeless bass part. ?Play DUFFS parts alot better? ?Duff INVENTED the parts.? That is what makes a musician in the end.

Agreed, although I do love the work Stinson did on CITR....

I don't want to downplay Stinson, he's a great musician, and I'm sure he will be bad-ass on CD.? But I think he has a good ways to go in proving he is the best bassist GNR has had.? Duffs had 4 albums as proof.? But in the end it doesn't matter.  Comparing old GNR to new GNR is apples and oranges.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 03:40:18 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2006, 03:50:12 PM »

Most of these people talking shit about the old band never experienced the old band.  I think they are too young to have experienced the "original" GNR.  All they know are these new members, not the members that made GNR one of the greatest bands of all time.

Play DUFFS parts alot better.  Until CD comes out, I wouldn't try going around proving that Tommy is better, until Tommy starts writing timeless licks.  Pop in AFD and listen to SCOM when Duff first starts playing...A timeless and memorable bass intro.  Listen to Its so Easy when Duff first starts the song..another timeless bass part.  Play DUFFS parts alot better?  Duff INVENTED the parts.  That is what makes a musician in the end.

yadayadayada

listen to believe in me, listen to village gorilla head.

if you still can't make up your mind who's best. it's your problem not mine.

tommy can write, sing, play guitar and bass, and have a cd out there that 20 years from now will still be awsome to listen to.

duff's solo efforts were pretty mediocre compared to tommy's.
and if a solo record defines what you can do on your own as a musician. in my mind there is no doubt tommy kicks ass.

for fucks sake, duff can even screw his own bass lines in VR. listen to suckertrain blues live. chances are, half of the times duff's bass will start half step down to the whole song.

Chinese Democracy!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2006, 04:00:03 PM »

Play DUFFS parts alot better.? Until CD comes out, I wouldn't try going around proving that Tommy is better, until Tommy starts writing timeless licks.? Pop in AFD and listen to SCOM when Duff first starts playing...A timeless and memorable bass intro.? Listen to Its so Easy when Duff first starts the song..another timeless bass part.? Play DUFFS parts alot better?? Duff INVENTED the parts.? That is what makes a musician in the end.

yadayadayada

tommy can write, sing, play guitar and bass, and have a cd out there that 20 years from now will still be awsome to listen to.

and if a solo record defines what you can do on your own as a musician. in my mind there is no doubt tommy kicks ass.

for fucks sake, duff can even screw his own bass lines in VR. listen to suckertrain blues live. chances are, half of the times duff's bass will start half step down to the whole song.

OK.  So tell me, what do their solo albums prove as far as their contribution to GNR?

philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2006, 04:00:18 PM »

uh... in case you guys didnt know, the replacements were actually one of the few bands that could rival appetite for destruction. tommy is one of the greats. and while it would be sweet to see the true guns, i couldnt think of a better substitute for duff than tommy. the guy knows how to play, was in one of the greatest bands ever, contributed a handful of great records with said band and lived rock n roll to boot.

but it'd be nice to see duff in aic as it'd be one of the few occassions id get to see him - i cant go to velvet revolver because giving money to that cunt weiland i find too repulsive. and their record was woeful.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2006, 04:02:10 PM »

uh... in case you guys didnt know, the replacements were actually one of the few bands that could rival appetite for destruction. tommy is one of the greats. and while it would be sweet to see the true guns, i couldnt think of a better substitute for duff than tommy. the guy knows how to play, was in one of the greatest bands ever, contributed a handful of great records with said band and lived rock n roll to boot.

but it'd be nice to see duff in aic as it'd be one of the few occassions id get to see him - i cant go to velvet revolver because giving money to that cunt weiland i find too repulsive. and their record was woeful.

I absolutley agree. 

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2006, 04:09:35 PM »

i like tommy better. he's a great musician. and as said above a legend in his own right.
i like him better than duff in gn'r Smiley ok

Chinese Democracy!
Christian
VIP

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2006, 04:22:31 PM »

STOP THIS FUCKING DISCUSSION!
Please, don't make this thread another "Duff is better", "Tommy is better".
Some people like more Duff, other like Tommy. Stop comparing two bass players 10 with 10 years of difference and attitude.
The question is about duff playin' same festivals as GNR.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2006, 04:32:07 PM »

I doubt duff will be playing those shows.. I believe he did something brief as a fill for them

I think duff is cool the man became a bass player to have more of a chance back in the day.. I like the idea the man can play all the instruments he has on his album (solo works).. So he started as a guitar player then switched to bass, can play drums and can sing on certain punk songs...  I never liked so fine, but I liked him on attitude
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2006, 04:39:46 PM »

STOP THIS FUCKING DISCUSSION!
Please, don't make this thread another "Duff is better", "Tommy is better".
Some people like more Duff, other like Tommy. Stop comparing two bass players 10 with 10 years of difference and attitude.
The question is about duff playin' same festivals as GNR.

Ohhh no!!!!  I'm sorry.  Really, I promise I will never do such a thing again.  When I say my prayers tonight, I will say a prayer hoping tht ChrisMaciel forgives me for the sins i've committed in this thread.

On topic, to my knowledge Jerry Cantrell didn't play with a second guitarist while AIC toured (even though AIC didn't tour much).  I don't see why a second guitarist would be needed for a tour.  Jerry has always handled the duties himself.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2006, 04:49:07 PM »

Play DUFFS parts alot better.  Until CD comes out, I wouldn't try going around proving that Tommy is better, until Tommy starts writing timeless licks.  Pop in AFD and listen to SCOM when Duff first starts playing...A timeless and memorable bass intro.  Listen to Its so Easy when Duff first starts the song..another timeless bass part.  Play DUFFS parts alot better?  Duff INVENTED the parts.  That is what makes a musician in the end.

yadayadayada

I think you should listen to Beautiful Disease. it's just as good, if not better, than Village Gorilla Head.
and of course, I think Contraband is quite a lot better than VGH.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2006, 05:18:18 PM »

Alice In Chains go on the road May 18th; I doubt VR will have finsihed recording by then.

AIC won't necessarily be 'opening' for GN'R.

AIC are playing the Saturday of Donington and then heading to Ireland on the Sunday.

The only conversation likely to happen between Duff and Axl that weekend would be as their planes cross each other's paths over the Irish Sea.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2006, 05:49:15 PM »

Tommy belongs to GNR.

Duff belongs to VR.

How great they were or who made GNR big in the past is none of my concern.
I don't even care whether it's (regarded to be) one of the greatest bands of all time.
The past is past and is not even mine.

Now and the future is where I am most happy about belonging to.  peace

axl doesnt seem like the type of guy to hang out backstage.

I donno about backstage but I hear during the 02 tour Axl was often seen hanging about the rear of the stage with other members while other band was playing there...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: