Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:19:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  John Mayer cover of Guns
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Mayer cover of Guns  (Read 3545 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 07:30:48 AM »

he sure fooled eric clapton into putting him in crossroads festival, and buddy guy for playing in his Blues Trio, and the rest of the blues community into thinking he's an actual blues player.
but good thing you set the record straight conny!
what would we do without you?

john mayer did patience a couple of times live, he sings it pretty good. and he's not just a pop singer, he's more of a blues man actually. just listen to john mayer trio. he's been playing blues for a whole lotta time.
i think he's primarly a blues man, but he can also write a song that anyone sing along to.
great musician. hell of a guitar player. best fender tone ever.

Well not every Hendrix fan with a Stratocaster and a record contract is a "blues man".

His guitaring is just like his voice and whole persona: no soul, no balls.

John Mayer sucks.

Chinese Democracy!
conny
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 05:03:40 PM »

You are welcome!  Kiss

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 06:11:45 PM »

I don't mind John Mayer, but had I been there I probably would have rushed the stage and beat him senseless with the guitar.... what a steaming pile of dog crap. Even more annoying are the morons cheering in the crowd. What are they 15? Do they even realize that the guy is basically raping the song?

John... stay away from legendary material unless you're going to play it with an adequate level of respect and comptency. There's also this ABORTION of a version of Sweet Child O' Mine by Linkin Farts floating around out there too... gimme a fucking break... the bands of today can't even produce a respectable cover of GN'R material... how the hell can we expect them to come up with any original material that even touches old GN'R!!??!

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 06:14:27 PM »

You are welcome!  Kiss

Kiss

Chinese Democracy!
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 06:20:19 PM »

I don't mind John Mayer, but had I been there I probably would have rushed the stage and beat him senseless with the guitar.... what a steaming pile of dog crap. Even more annoying are the morons cheering in the crowd. What are they 15? Do they even realize that the guy is basically raping the song?

John... stay away from legendary material unless you're going to play it with an adequate level of respect and comptency. There's also this ABORTION of a version of Sweet Child O' Mine by Linkin Farts floating around out there too... gimme a fucking break... the bands of today can't even produce a respectable cover of GN'R material... how the hell can we expect them to come up with any original material that even touches old GN'R!!??!

i agree with this, and furthermore, i also think that some of the GN?R songs that didn?t become so famous would be greatest hits if any lousy modern band would cover it, i mean, for this little bands.  Wink Actually the states is lacking of good bands nowadays, so is England

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: