Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:25:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  John Mayer cover of Guns
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Mayer cover of Guns  (Read 3560 times)
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: April 10, 2006, 01:36:43 AM »

I just found on limewire a cover of "patience" preformed by john mayer, the guy that sings pop songs like "I want to run through the halls of my high school... I want to scream at the top of my lungs!"

If you can find it... it's pretty funny to listen to.  It's live and he keeps forgetting the words so he fills it in with random jibberish or "na nana na". 

Listen to it.
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 04:46:34 AM »

No.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 04:49:46 AM »

have you heard of Moby's cover of SCOM?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 04:53:15 AM »

No.

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 05:30:49 AM »

john mayer did patience a couple of times live, he sings it pretty good. and he's not just a pop singer, he's more of a blues man actually. just listen to john mayer trio. he's been playing blues for a whole lotta time.
i think he's primarly a blues man, but he can also write a song that anyone sing along to.
great musician. hell of a guitar player. best fender tone ever.

Chinese Democracy!
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 07:09:26 AM »

Hell yeah, I don't really care about the dude, but my girlfriend loves him.

She was watching him on VH1 or something like that one night, and I was surprised to walk into the room and hear him playing some killer blues.  His guitar was rockin' out and I had to give him credit for that.  Smiley
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 08:10:43 AM »

I actually know John, sorta...or knew him, anyway, long before he became famous.  He's from CT, actually, and was friends with some guys I was friends with in High School.

John's a very nice guy, and a talented musician, but...well, I've heard his cover of Patience and lets just say that Axl has no reason to worry that it would eclipse the original. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 10:50:26 AM »

No.

gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 12:14:52 PM »

Worst cover ever. Even worse than the dont cry re make by that chick lol... He shreds apart the outro to the song... its horrible. Axl has a distinct voice.. and when mayer tries to make his voice sound like Axls it could make a deaf man blind. 

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 12:18:09 PM »

My ex loved John Mayer and I could not stand him.  But then I saw him on the Chappelle show and not only did the guy have a great sense of humor, but I was really impressed with is guitar playing as well.  If you can, go check out the Chappelle show episode with him its pretty funny.

But no I have not heard his cover of Patience.  I will give it a try sometime though.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 12:39:21 PM »

lol im going to dl it when i go home.

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 12:45:32 PM »

Yes.

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 12:46:29 PM »

you guys should realize he played in a concert twice cuz he was feeling like it, he wasn't even tryin to get a decent credible cover out there. it just worked for the time being. that said, i think he could pull off a great cover of the song. he has a great voice and the guitar skills to go with it.

Chinese Democracy!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 01:24:41 PM »

john mayer did patience a couple of times live, he sings it pretty good. and he's not just a pop singer, he's more of a blues man actually. just listen to john mayer trio. he's been playing blues for a whole lotta time.
i think he's primarly a blues man, but he can also write a song that anyone sing along to.

ohh nonononono...Stevie Ray had the best Fender tone ever! Wink
Mayor has played with Double Trouble quite a lot hasn't he? I haven't heard any of it though.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 01:34:32 PM »

Ok, I upped it on my server:

http://www.liukumiina.com/roskat/GNR/mp3/John%20Mayer%20-%20Patience%20(Guns%20N'%20Roses%20Cover).mp3

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
speed_stone
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 01:57:19 PM »

moby sucks.
tbone947
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 02:30:26 PM »

Worst cover ever. Even worse than the dont cry re make by that chick lol... He shreds apart the outro to the song... its horrible. Axl has a distinct voice.. and when mayer tries to make his voice sound like Axls it could make a deaf man blind.?

On the version i have the outro is sang by the lead singer of Maroon 5 and he basicly nailed if if you dont like it.... your opinon but u have no idea what your talking about...
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 03:43:08 PM »

Worst cover ever. Even worse than the dont cry re make by that chick lol... He shreds apart the outro to the song... its horrible. Axl has a distinct voice.. and when mayer tries to make his voice sound like Axls it could make a deaf man blind. 

On the version i have the outro is sang by the lead singer of Maroon 5 and he basicly nailed if if you dont like it.... your opinon but u have no idea what your talking about...

Go listen to the one posted above. That is not the maroon 5 singer at all. its Mayer and its terrible. the rest of the song is good, but he butchers the end. listen.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
conny
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 04:28:14 PM »

Well not every Hendrix fan with a Stratocaster and a record contract is a "blues man".

His guitaring is just like his voice and whole persona: no soul, no balls.

John Mayer sucks.
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 12:19:49 AM »

haha c'mon you have to hear the humour.  Instead of "said woman take it slow, it'll work it self out fine"  "said woman take it slow, and the lights are shining briiiiii...."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: