Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:25:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bring back the 80's...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bring back the 80's...  (Read 6215 times)
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 06:42:09 PM »

yea dude the new songs from axl kick ass cd sounds like it will be sweet when its all done. But all the aongs they have played or have been leaked sound fucking amazing. Like he said theres something for everyone on CD.

If I could have the 80s back (although I can't see it happening hihi) I couldn't care less about CD.

Fuck think pass GnR for once, Besides you could go back and relive the hype of Appetite For Destruction hitting the world for the first time.

And yeah I'd love to be back in the 80s, majority of music being (glam) rock. Image seeing all those rock bands on your tv/concert compared to all the hip hop/rap that populates it today.

It was a grat era', yes even the glam was great hihi

believe me, it was big for a few bands like bon jovi, def leppard, gn'r, motley crue, the post-permanent vacation aerosmith, poison, van halen (even with sammy) but radio and mtv were full of bullshit. it wasn't a "Only glam rock" (i prefer to call it hair metal, since glam rock to me is early david bowie, sweet, t-rex, slade and mott the hopple).

just imagine an mtv with bands like new kids on the block instead of backstreet boys, mc hammer instead of jay z, vanilla ice instead of eminem, tiffany instead of britney spears, etc....
pop and dance music and rap (old name to hip hop) were always on, and you had your hard rock bands on headbangers ball, and the alternative stuff on 120 minutes.
of course there was gn'r/bon jovi all over it, just like now you have some rock bands that have some heavy rotation (foo fighters, etc..).
being an alternative music fan also, it's really better to watch tv now than in the 80's, with MTV2- 24 hours of cool new bands. and vh1's friday rock show is at least as better as any 80's mtv headbangers ball - last firday i tuned in and they were blasting Ratt's "i want a women", then "you could be mine", and a bunch of cool stuff like vain, great white, giant, tyketto and pretty boy floyd.

i do feel lucky that i lived my teen days on the late 80's, but if i could turn back time, to me it would be to late 60's / early 70's and catch up with the greatest albuns made by zeppelin, stones, beatles, aerosmith, pink floyd, genesis, bowie. that was the shit!
i love the 80's but i also think they were cocky.
ok, time to put on some zz top on the stereo!
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 07:37:38 PM »

kinda weird.. everyone who was born in the 70's wishes they were a teen in the 70's, everyone who was born in the 80's wanted to be a teen in the 80s and i bet all the kinds who are born in the 90s will wanna be a teen in the 90s lol

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
Elrothiel
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 11:10:13 PM »

that singer is Mike Mitejevic (don't know if the last name is spelled correcty) from Steelheart. those are greta songs, and if they have been released in the 80's would've been great hits, but not now. it's dated as shit!
Yesss!!! That dude's voice is amazing and he has great range! You know "She's Gone" by Steelheart? The live version? He goes higher than he does in the studio version... and for longer! hihi Sorry... just I got all excited that someone else knows about Steelheart! hihi

To gnr_12... dude yes, Steel Dragon fucking rock! And YES Axl should bring back some 80s hard rock sounds...

But then on the other hand...

Nah.

The 80s were great, but they should really be left where they are, to be admired and for people to look back with bittersweet nostalgia.
There are days when I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and listen to all the good music and look at all the skinny rocker dudes in tight leather pants... drool
But then there are days when I'm glad I live in the now... with the cures for previously uncurable diseases, houses being built better, music technology giving us better ways to improve the joy of listening...

But I'll definitely tell you right now... men were sexier in the 80s... they preferred to go around wearing tight leather pants, huge-ass belts, cowboy boots, and bandanas with their hair LONG rather than too-short tracksuit bottoms tucked into socks, polo shirts, and Burberry caps pointed skyward atop a shaven head...

*gets a most definite attack of sex-driven nostalgia* hihi

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 11:18:27 PM »

Yesss!!! That dude's voice is amazing and he has great range! You know "She's Gone" by Steelheart? The live version? He goes higher than he does in the studio version... and for longer! :hihi: Sorry... just I got all excited that someone else knows about Steelheart! :hihi:

where did you hear him sing that song live??????????????  Did you read my post about him breaking glass with his voice??? the dude is amazing.
Elrothiel
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 09:06:41 AM »

Yesss!!! That dude's voice is amazing and he has great range! You know "She's Gone" by Steelheart? The live version? He goes higher than he does in the studio version... and for longer! hihi Sorry... just I got all excited that someone else knows about Steelheart! hihi

where did you hear him sing that song live?HuhHuhHuhHuh? Did you read my post about him breaking glass with his voice??? the dude is amazing.

Due to my age (I'm only 19... crying ) I didn't actually physically hear him sing the song live. Unfortunately. (Today would be one of the days I wish I had a time machine... so I could go back and see it!) BUT ages ago I bought a copy of that album, and my BF said he had a live version of She's Gone... and I listened to it and I was totally astounded....
The song makes me cry anyway... but that version... I was in hysterics... hihi :embarrassed: hihi
Jonathan
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 09:08:05 AM »

I'll bring them back if we can bring back The Replacements, Husker Du, the Pixies, the old U2 and Sonic Youth. Otherwise, leave them dead and buried. Outside of the new millenium-00's, the 80's were easily rocks worst decade. Kiss

Damn right.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 05:40:51 PM »

I just watched the movie Rockstar... havent seen it in a long time.. and truthfully i think if GNR (Axl) were to bring back a touch of the 80's hard rock from the AFD era.. it woould be a HUGE hit.. the tunes in this move are unreal.. Stand up and Shout.. We all die young.. great songs.. if Steel Dragon was a real band, (the singer BTW is amazing.. forget his name.. i remember he almost died tho) they woulda been huge in the 80's....

Basically people love going back in time.. absolutely love it.. maybe in some of Axls songs on the new albums he should or should have taken a step back to his roots and made a 80's type rock song... im possitive it would have been recieved very well.. back to when it was all about balls and mesmorizing solos..

After seeing rockstar, i wish music was still like that.. minus the makeup lol..

What u think? none of axls new songs seem to have balls.. there more.. soft rock type.. even IRS is really hard.. I need something to work out too..

and if u havent heard steel dragon i suggest u do..

I have to say I fucking loved steel dragon, they sounded awesome... That would have been a great real band..  beside maybe better and oh my god they are lacking that old bite imo;..  I want some kick ass openings like the past tunes
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 10:56:24 AM »

i donno the rolled up sleeves on the blazers was a pretty awesome style hihi.. lol evenm axl sported it.. lol

no the new songs do not have as much balls.. there .. a step back from old GNR style in terms of intesity or balls and in your face..

I'll give you some balls in your face...
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 12:56:03 PM »

Sounds like you might enjoy that.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 12:57:39 PM »

Sounds like you might enjoy that.

plus he is offering Cheesy Why people get so upset is beyond me...
Elrothiel
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 01:21:29 PM »

hihi Ooooh balls in the face! Tongue
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 11:39:56 PM »

I love the 80's rock scene.... I've learned to ignore the phrase "the 80's are over" because I hear it a lot.   Embarrassed

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 11:42:04 PM »

i donno the rolled up sleeves on the blazers was a pretty awesome style hihi.. lol evenm axl sported it.. lol

no the new songs do not have as much balls.. there .. a step back from old GNR style in terms of intesity or balls and in your face..

I'll give you some balls in your face...

oh please?Huh?

Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face Balls in the face
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: