Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:16:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bring back the 80's...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bring back the 80's...  (Read 6224 times)
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« on: April 10, 2006, 12:35:57 AM »

I just watched the movie Rockstar... havent seen it in a long time.. and truthfully i think if GNR (Axl) were to bring back a touch of the 80's hard rock from the AFD era.. it woould be a HUGE hit.. the tunes in this move are unreal.. Stand up and Shout.. We all die young.. great songs.. if Steel Dragon was a real band, (the singer BTW is amazing.. forget his name.. i remember he almost died tho) they woulda been huge in the 80's....

Basically people love going back in time.. absolutely love it.. maybe in some of Axls songs on the new albums he should or should have taken a step back to his roots and made a 80's type rock song... im possitive it would have been recieved very well.. back to when it was all about balls and mesmorizing solos..

After seeing rockstar, i wish music was still like that.. minus the makeup lol..

What u think? none of axls new songs seem to have balls.. there more.. soft rock type.. even IRS is really hard.. I need something to work out too..

and if u havent heard steel dragon i suggest u do..

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 09:08:33 AM »

alot of 80's was good and alot of 80's was shit bad. i love alot of music from the 80's tho. bands like XYZ, Warrent, Def Leppard, Poison, motley crue, guns n roses exc. lots of the music is bad ass, people just dont like it cause it was a bunch of guys during the glam days. realy how much balls do you have to have to take on the media and the music world with the glam theme. i dont care if these guys war makeup, they would still kick your ass.

grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 10:01:43 AM »

that singer is Mike Mitejevic (don't know if the last name is spelled correcty) from Steelheart.  those are greta songs, and if they have been released in the 80's would've been great hits, but not now. it's dated as shit!
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 10:18:25 AM »

Make-up or not, 80's rock music easily shatters the balls of all this faggot-ass emo/punk shit that's plaguing the industry today.

To quote SCOTT T. STERLING:

"I'd trade a dozen of these knee-biting emo dorks for just one song that could hang with 'Photograph.'"

I couldn't agree more.

JB9988
VIP

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 12:46:30 PM »

yea dude the new songs from axl kick ass cd sounds like it will be sweet when its all done. But all the aongs they have played or have been leaked sound fucking amazing. Like he said theres something for everyone on CD.

madagas
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 01:22:12 PM »

I'll bring them back if we can bring back The Replacements, Husker Du, the Pixies, the old U2 and Sonic Youth. Otherwise, leave them dead and buried. Outside of the new millenium-00's, the 80's were easily rocks worst decade. Kiss
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 01:24:48 PM by madagas » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 01:30:19 PM »

I'll bring them back if we can bring back The Replacements, Husker Du, the Pixies, the old U2 and Sonic Youth. Otherwise, dead on arrival.

Throw in some Bauhaus, Joy Division, Theatre of Hate and Zodiac Mindwarp and The Love Reaction
and you're onto something.

Otherwise as stated above, DOA.

It's kind of funny how things work out, the early 90's GNR was actually more 80's than the AFD era GNR....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 03:08:45 PM »

No thanks.
I guess I don't like most of the 80's hard rock.
Balls? The word belongs in the hard rock of about '70, mid 70s punk and such.
I think that's why GNR was far above the rest. Like a real flower that has bloomed out of season when there are only artificial ones around.

I'll bring them back if we can bring back The Replacements, Husker Du, the Pixies, the old U2 and Sonic Youth. Otherwise, dead on arrival.

Throw in some Bauhaus, Joy Division, Theatre of Hate and Zodiac Mindwarp and The Love Reaction

I thought ian Curtis had died in the 70s but actually it was 1980, I checked. RIP

Many of those bands were dead on arrival to me anyways. hihi
Origen
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 03:29:50 PM »

yea dude the new songs from axl kick ass cd sounds like it will be sweet when its all done. But all the aongs they have played or have been leaked sound fucking amazing. Like he said theres something for everyone on CD.

If I could have the 80s back (although I can't see it happening  hihi) I couldn't care less about CD.

Fuck think pass GnR for once, Besides you could go back and relive the hype of Appetite For Destruction hitting the world for the first time.

And yeah I'd love to be back in the 80s, majority of music being (glam) rock. Image seeing all those rock bands on your tv/concert compared to all the hip hop/rap that populates it today.

It was a grat era', yes even the glam was great  hihi
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 03:34:02 PM »

I think the new songs have a lot of balls.  I love the 80's music but if I started dressing like that again please push me in front of a car. 
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 03:34:58 PM »

Motley Cure.. GNR.. and so on... how can anyone contest whether or not the 80's had balls?

Yeah the 70's had balls.. but GNR and Crue were different than the 70's bands.. Axl, and Vince, like Eminem today pushed the limits.. thats what i mean by balls.. not just the music. the guys were just so kick ass you couldnt fuck with them.. so contreversial..

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 03:37:20 PM »

i donno the rolled up sleeves on the blazers was a pretty awesome style hihi.. lol evenm axl sported it.. lol

no the new songs do not have as much balls.. there .. a step back from old GNR style in terms of intesity or balls and in your face..

destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 03:42:14 PM »

Please no. We don't need that again.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 03:44:14 PM »

haha fine no bad idea i  guess lol

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 03:44:48 PM »

I'll bring them back if we can bring back The Replacements, Husker Du, the Pixies, the old U2 and Sonic Youth. Otherwise, leave them dead and buried. Outside of the new millenium-00's, the 80's were easily rocks worst decade. Kiss

BOLLOCKS.

html sucks
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 04:11:10 PM »

BOLLOCKS.

hehei love that word rofl but i agree with u

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 04:15:11 PM »

long live the 80's.  Going to see Journey/Def Leppard this summer.  Should be a good one.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 04:49:27 PM »

and you're onto something.

Otherwise as stated above, DOA.

It's kind of funny how things work out, the early 90's GNR was actually more 80's than the AFD era GNR....

yeah that's actually true, wonder what they were thinking, haha Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 05:38:17 PM »

Steelheart ruled... That guy can fucking sing!!!! he was rumored to have tried out for VR also.... He was on Mythbusters and him and an opera singer were trying to break a glass with thier high voices... only Mike was able to do it... at the end of the program he showed the opera singer how to break the glasses with his voice...  He did get hit in the head from a rafter that wasnt securely tied up at McNichols Arena in Denver CO... that was his last big show with Steelheart... he would have been a bad ass for VR.. him or Todd...
Comical Ali
Opening Act

"Chinese Democracy is out soon" - Comical Ali

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 05:55:28 PM »

In fairness it wouldn't be hard to make music with more balls than the shit on offer today.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: