Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:19:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  do you think we'll get a setlist for the tour, or an official lineup before rio?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: do you think we'll get a setlist for the tour, or an official lineup before rio?  (Read 2160 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: March 29, 2006, 05:33:59 PM »

Any chance we can get a few words at least on the new tracks that will be played if CD isn't released before the tour begins? As well as the lineup before you just see who is onstage?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 05:35:08 PM »

You won't get a setlist.

You'll most likely get a confirmed line-up/tour statement once all the dates are scheduled.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 05:35:38 PM »

to be honest, I don't even think Axl knows the official lineup yet.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 05:36:21 PM »

Im thinkin none. If there is a new guitarist then yeah. But if there isn't might get nothing but a release saying that they will be playing.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 05:37:39 PM »

Most likely not as he may be searching for a great 3rd guitarest that could play lead..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 05:38:40 PM »

I would think by now he would have a thrid player if he was going to get one
There Was A Time
Opening Act

Lonely Teardrops Calling Me.....

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 05:39:52 PM »

I'm thinking a press release about a week or 2 ?before Rio. ?It will include line-up/all tour dates/axl updating CD. ?beer
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 05:41:41 PM »

We need a press release this silence is killer !!!

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 05:42:03 PM »

After all it has been two years....
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 05:43:31 PM »

I doubt we'll see a setlist, I think the most likely would be an announcement of the lineup that will play the tour. I've got a gut feelin if there is any big news regarding a release for CD or at least updates on CD, that Axl will save this for Rio.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 05:45:50 PM »

Well, maybe there is and they are saving who he is for the announcement.. we'll have to wait and see.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 05:52:12 PM »

setlist ..no ...press release... def

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 05:55:50 PM »

I would say that Axl will wait and announce everything at Rio.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 05:58:23 PM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 05:58:45 PM »

I can agree if the setlist was s suprise, but it would be very cool and wise to at least say who is at what position.... Just for no mix ups hihi
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 06:06:33 PM »

I can agree if the setlist was s suprise, but it would be very cool and wise to at least say who is at what position.... Just for no mix ups hihi

I know what you mean by this to clarify the lineup but in all fairness they maybe don't think they need to. As far as I know bands don't usually clarify band lineups before a tour do they? If nothing has changed since BH left and they're going to stick with fortus and finck then would they feel a press release announcing the lineup seem that necessary to management? If it wasn't for a few dreamers spouting fantasies of a reunion as fact then would any of us be wanting lineup clarification?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 06:11:14 PM »

oh c'mon, weve got tour dates lined up, do u think they'd still be searchin'!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 06:13:30 PM »

I know what you mean by this to clarify the lineup but in all fairness they maybe don't think they need to. As far as I know bands don't usually clarify band lineups before a tour do they? If nothing has changed since BH left and they're going to stick with fortus and finck then would they feel a press release announcing the lineup seem that necessary to management? If it wasn't for a few dreamers spouting fantasies of a reunion as fact then would any of us be wanting lineup clarification?

we know the deal but if venues are using old band pics n paradise city clips then they need to show who is in the band
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 06:18:10 PM »

we know the deal but if venues are using old band pics n paradise city clips then they need to show who is in the band

Surely that's the venues fault for not doing thier research properly? When they booked the band shouldn't they have asked for promotional pictures etc or do they just book GNR and assume Slash will be there?

badapple81
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 06:18:41 PM »

We may get the lineup or at least a hint of the lineup as part of a press release.

I kinda feel now that fans do need one. I remember a time when fans got excited over the smallest of news and would have been like "Oh my fucking god the album is here!" Yet I haven't really seen that anymore and things have worn off a bit since the leaks etc. I would have thought people would be going nuts over a tour as that's an obvious sign the album is coming, as Axl has to get it right this time. Maybe a lot of people just won't get there hopes up anymore which I understand, so it would be good to give the fans something to start going crazy for.. hopefully that's not far away.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 07:08:57 PM »

Surely that's the venues fault for not doing thier research properly? When they booked the band shouldn't they have asked for promotional pictures etc or do they just book GNR and assume Slash will be there?

Well it is a gnr tour, why not expect gnr members to be there.. it's not the venues problem, they aren't supposed to be following the saga of who's in gnr now..   Even if they had 2002 promo it would show buckethead who is a draw himself I would think.... Listen this has been a while in the making, the gnr team could have put together the offical flyers or whatever promo banners and even sent some type of video to air on the local mtvs or whatever is big in that country..  They could have done an old to new gnr evolution type theme to be really cool.. I don't blame the venues, it's not their job to check who is in or out when even we don;'t know for sure...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: