Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:34:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R mention on Talkingmetal.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R mention on Talkingmetal.com  (Read 13331 times)
Evolution
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2006, 03:18:58 AM »

I wonder what he means by "may".
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2006, 03:19:26 AM »

Maybe it's your hero that turned Axl into a wigger

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KxJBr9PmiUE&search=buckethead
Origen
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2006, 04:21:13 AM »

There is alot more to being a good guitar player then just stredding the fretboard.
dzosua
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2006, 04:21:39 AM »

I'm just wondering, how many of you, that have the time to bullshit 'bout playing capabillities of named guitar players, actually held a guitar in their hands? Every fuckin dumb-ass guitarist will tell you, that everyone can (well, sooner or later) learn how to play freakin' fast, so that the guitar will start to sparkle... So I'm asking a question to those who are so infavour of Buckethead and other "shredder" guitarists: how many people know about Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Joe Satriani...? And how many people know 'bout Joe Perry, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards, Brian May and eventually Slash?

The only thing that Buckethead really did well, was the solo on Madagascar... But still, Slash would blow him away, as would also Joe Perry and any other "old-school" blues-bassed guitarist, that practices/ed his melodical solos (that actually are build on something) 24/7. BH's outro solo on NR on the 01/02 tour was a fuckin shame to what Slash did... And when someone said that BH does the PC outro solo way better: listen to the one on AFD - if you can play that fast i'll buy you any guitar you want! No matter how hard we try and discuss 'bout G'n'R, a fact remains: a shredder does not fit in the band that has its reputation based upon powerfull voice and guitar solos.

I know, you'll say, oh, just another fuckin Slash fan: BS, the new songs are really, really good, but just not good enough, because there's obviously something missing. Do you know which guitar solos are most rememorable? The ones you can sing along too.
Jonathan
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2006, 04:22:00 AM »

Maybe it's your hero that turned Axl into a wigger

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KxJBr9PmiUE&search=buckethead

Haha, that was awesome.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2006, 04:55:06 AM »

I predict the hell to Axl if he brings a Shredder a second time in GNR. There will be a rebellion during the shows when people hear some fucking shredd on "november rain", they will fucking hate it. We are not in 2002 anymore, the fans are more exigent now than they were in 2002. They are not ready anymore to listen to that shit.

If Axl brings a shredder once again in this band it will be riots, insults, and I can garantee you Axl will not spend a good time at all...
Axl don't be fool.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 06:02:04 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2006, 05:03:05 AM »

I predict the hell to Axl if he brings a Shredder a second time in GNR. There will be a rebellion during the shows when people hear some fucking shredd on "november rain", they will fucking hate it. We are not in 2002 anymore, the fans are more exigent now than they were in 2002. They are not ready anymore to listen to that shit.

If Axl brings a shredder once again in this band it will be riots, insults, and I can garantee you Axl will not spend a good time at all...
Axl don't be fool.

you need to give BH his dues

however...... I find it strange that Axl wants to incorporate that sound into GNR. Obviously it is miles away from the Slash sound, but coupled with that, shredding as in fret tapping, sweeps, pinch harmonics etc.. is very much associated with the 80's. The Van Halens, Vais, Malmsteens etc.. This kind of guitar playing hasn't been heard in the mainstream rock genre for a long time. In fact, Slash was probably the main guy that killled that sound.

Is Axl trying to bring this back - kind of the antithesis to the Slash sound?? Or perhaps as some kind of innovation?

Although BH does take it further than just cheesy shredding, he has a lot more depth than that

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2006, 05:09:53 AM »

Axl don't be fool.
You are overreacting. Really.

Although BH does take it further than just cheesy shredding, he has a lot more depth than that
Indeed. He did some amazing jobs in riffs in Better, he wasn't there just to shred and then go away.

Olorin
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2006, 05:21:37 AM »

Axl don't be fool.

PURR-LEASE...

Drop the hystrionics.

Just because a guy likes to shred doesnt mean he is going to shred over every single song, especially world famous solos, for a world famous band he is being asked to play for.

And as for the riots... Sheesh Embarrassed
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2006, 05:57:33 AM »

I'm sorry but watch that http://youtube.com/watch?v=x59QcJyfBHU&search=michael%20angelo%20batio
Now imagine that during a 2H show... if you can stand that without getting mad, you are a genious. if that's what you want to hear to a GNR gig, well... imagine...that kind of guitar playing during 2Hours non-stop... you will hear that on November rain and all the classics... could you even "think" about that? No way in hell.

This is my last post on that topic. You have to know what kind of guitar player he is. Nothing against the man, he is probably a nice guy, I just speak about the music.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 06:03:34 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2006, 11:39:55 AM »

I'm sorry but watch that http://youtube.com/watch?v=x59QcJyfBHU&search=michael%20angelo%20batio
Now imagine that during a 2H show... if you can stand that without getting mad, you are a genious. if that's what you want to hear to a GNR gig, well... imagine...that kind of guitar playing during 2Hours non-stop... you will hear that on November rain and all the classics... could you even "think" about that? No way in hell.

This is my last post on that topic. You have to know what kind of guitar player he is. Nothing against the man, he is probably a nice guy, I just speak about the music.
shut up dude we knoe what you think! you post it like 1000 a day! shut up motherfucker!

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2006, 11:53:45 AM »

http://www.koreus.com/media/double-guitar.html
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2006, 11:53:50 AM »

Dude, you need to ease up a bit. Just because he shreds does not mean he is gonna shred all over the old songs. He will just be there to do Buckethead's parts. Where there is actual shredding, like in Better. It wont be a whole 2 hour concert shred fest. If you think that your ridiculous. You always blow things way out of proportion.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2006, 12:09:33 PM »

You always blow things way out of proportion.

This is my favourite part of the whole thread!  hihi  I think saying "always" is blowing things out of proportion...  rofl

Haha, but on topic, I think that Michael Angelo would only shred like crazy when the songs allow him to.  I can't see much shredding happening in November Rain.  Bear in mind also Michael would be replacing Buckethead, not Slash.  To me, if you're going to have a shredder, make sure he's the best!  Slash isn't a shredder and Axl doesn't want a Slash.  He wants someone who could make fans realize that he can make it without Slash.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2006, 12:59:41 PM »

Judging from the way he talks, Michelangelo seems a nice person but somehow his guitar sounds no way as refreshing as BHs. 
If they're looking for a replacement, then BH is not coming back, sad really. Undecided

Im not a fuckin nut swinger, fuck axl, he is tainting gnr's name with his stupid braids, and jerseys to hide his fat.  He is a musical genius, but also a douchebag. 
I never understand why people love the idea of a musical genius and a douche bag so much.
I wouldn't.

While I agree on what you said about BH, I think not everything is Axl's fault. I hear he'd defend BH till BH quitted. And a taint of GNR name? I don't think it tainted but even so is it your business?  I like braids and I see nothing wrong with the jerseys. Moreover, Teenage girls today consider him even cooler than elvis costello.

likewise,
Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Joe Satriani...? And how many people know 'bout Joe Perry, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards, Brian May and eventually Slash?

I know, you'll say, oh, just another fuckin Slash fan: BS, the new songs are really, really good, but just not good enough, because there's obviously something missing. Do you know which guitar solos are most rememorable? The ones you can sing along too.

Which you've listened to like for more than a decade.
I don't think your poor memory and slow understanding of modern stuff are their fault.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2006, 01:26:16 PM »

He is a better shredder than buckethead but that's not the point. The point is that he is a shredder and that he is unable to play with a minimum of FEELING.

Here you go again talking about Buckethead having no feeling in his playing and proving yet again that you know little of the man or his music  Tongue

Just because someone is capable of shredding doesn't mean that's all they're capable of.  But according to you if someone is able to shred and does so, they lack emotion
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2006, 01:34:17 PM »

He is a better shredder than buckethead but that's not the point. The point is that he is a shredder and that he is unable to play with a minimum of FEELING.

Here you go again talking about Buckethead having no feeling in his playing and proving yet again that you know little of the man or his music? Tongue

Come on, you know Nesquicks got a reputation to uphold right? hihi

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2006, 01:43:23 PM »

Here you go again talking about Buckethead having no feeling in his playing and proving yet again that you know little of the man or his music? Tongue

Come on, you know Nesquicks got a reputation to uphold right? hihi

Yeah and that's a reputation of arrogance and nobody but his opinions matter.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2006, 01:50:06 PM »

mates...

Lately I came to think that Nesquick might not be all that serious but clowing around in order to remind us of BH. Cry
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2006, 02:47:15 PM »

It's also insulting for Richard and Robin, it's like "guys you aren't good enough".

They can't play Buckethead's parts.  That's not insulting, it's just the truth.  They're both very capable players but neither of them could pull off the solos on IRS, Better or even TWAT.  I also find it interesting that you always bash Buckethead when he was able to play the solos from the old GnR songs much better than Robin or Richard did.  His solos on Nightrain, KOHD, and especially November Rain when they each played one solo showed how good Buckethead was at playing the old GnR stuff.  I like Robin, but he butchered the SCOM and second November Rain solo  Cry
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: