Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:05:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R mention on Talkingmetal.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R mention on Talkingmetal.com  (Read 13409 times)
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2006, 05:33:16 PM »

He is a better shredder than buckethead but that's not the point. The point is that he is a shredder and that he is unable to play with a minimum of FEELING.

I agree that shredders tend not to play with as much feeling.  But also think that an exceptional shredder is a giant step up from a mediocre one.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2006, 05:34:53 PM »

Bringing a shredder a second time is the best way for the fans to sream "SLASH!" during the upcomming tour. Is Axl so deseperate? he doesn't know how to "replace" Slash so he tries with a shredder. Wrong, wrong idea. It's like trying to replace your wife by becoming an homo while you are not. It just doesn't work. I can't believe Axl could be so stupid. I hope it's an April fool...

It's also insulting for Richard and Robin, it's like "guys you aren't good enough".

I take it you don't like the demos then? Don't like Better? Wouldn't rather GNR were relevant than played 1980's hairdband music?
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2006, 05:35:46 PM »

What's wrong with EVH...?! Call him up Ax!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2006, 05:36:36 PM »

He is a better shredder than buckethead but that's not the point. The point is that he is a shredder and that he is unable to play with a minimum of FEELING.

I like shredding!
I love Dimebag! And no one can say Dimebag dident have feeling, so there are shredders with feeling to!
This guy would fith right next to Fortus and Finck!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2006, 05:37:46 PM »

Bringing a shredder a second time is the best way for the fans to sream "SLASH!" during the upcomming tour. Is Axl so deseperate? he doesn't know how to "replace" Slash so he tries with a shredder. Wrong, wrong idea. It's like trying to replace your wife by becoming an homo while you are not. It just doesn't work. I can't believe Axl could be so stupid. I hope it's an April fool...

It's also insulting for Richard and Robin, it's like "guys you aren't good enough".

I take it you don't like the demos then? Don't like Better? Wouldn't rather GNR were relevant than played 1980's hairdband music?

I do like "Better"... exept the shredd part. I do like "better", especially the Robin guitar outro. That's what I call a great guitar solo, melodious, and with feeling.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2006, 05:38:16 PM »

Oh nothing, just a drunk who could hardly play on the last VH tour. ?I cried when I watched him last Cry.

HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2006, 05:39:54 PM »

I disagree. Buckethead sounded ALOT better on PC than the slash one...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2006, 05:40:57 PM »

Robin is a damn great guitarist! My fav! No one plays riffs like Robin! But if there is to be shredding on CD, like there is on Better and som of the demo.. i think this guy would fith right in. It would end up in harmony! Com`on! ?ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2006, 05:41:35 PM »

Oh nothing, just a drunk who could hardly play on the last VH tour.  I cried when I watched him last Cry.

That sucks.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »

Oh nothing, just a drunk who could hardley play on the last VH tour.  I cried when I watched him last Cry.

true that. worst concert experience of my life Angry Cry

certainly an intersting little bit of gossip, it will be interesting to see if anthing leaks out regarding current rehearsals about another guitarist, although i am of the opinion richard will most likely be taking prime responsibility for leads-if they havent gotten a thrid guitarist yet  (and theres no indication they have), i doubt they will. although Gilby joined the band in short notice back in the day....

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2006, 05:44:10 PM »

I like shredding!
I love Dimebag! And no one can say Dimebag dident have feeling, so there are shredders with feeling to!

Dime wasn't just a "shredder". Kerry King on the other hand is.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
ARC
VIP

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2006, 05:44:48 PM »

Oh nothing, just a drunk who could hardly play on the last VH tour. ?I cried when I watched him last Cry.

Maybe so, but at least he has charisma which only Axl in the current band possesses.

Not everyone liked Buckethead but no one can deny he was a character - he made you look. In my opinion, someone like Batio could get very boring, very quickly... ?Undecided
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2006, 05:47:21 PM »

I like shredding!

Dime wasn't just a "shredder". Kerry King on the other hand is.

well, not only a shredder, but he said to total guitar once "Im aways gonna be shredding like a motherfucker. I still do my own thing"

soo...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2006, 05:49:11 PM »

Maybe so, but at least he has charisma which only Axl in the current band possesses.

Riighht. ?These days, it takes an army just to get that lush on stage. ?He's a hideous guitar player that falls down on stage and yells and screams at bandmembers onstage. ?The worst concert I've ever been to. ?He's a has-been. ?And i was a huge EVH fan back in the day.

Sorry for going ot.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2006, 05:50:29 PM »

This whole thing is stupid. Members come and go like socks. What is GNR? could you tell me what it is? ?Why not staying with this current solid line-up? Why changing everything 2 month before Rio? Don't you think it's a little "too late"?
Sometimes I have the impression Axl "buys" his musicians like a bunch of prostitutes. I'd like to see "a band" after all this years, it's not the time to fuck-up the unity of the band again.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 05:53:38 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2006, 05:50:51 PM »

To characterize Bucket as a shredder does not do him service. I am not a fan of Angelo at all; I think he is somewhat of a one note organ grinder.  Hopefully, the choice of a new lead will surprise people and be a testament to Bucket's versatility on Chinese Democracy.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2006, 05:53:34 PM »

To characterize Bucket as a shredder does not do him service. I am not a fan of Angelo at all; I think he is somewhat of a one note organ grinder.? Hopefully, the choice of a new lead will surprise people and be a testament to Bucket's versatility on Chinese Democracy.

From what i've head I'm not to thrilled of MAB either.   If he's the guy, I hope I'm proved wrong.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2006, 05:55:21 PM »

http://www.deanguitars.com/angelo/mab.html

ZzzZzzzZZZzzzZ

hopefully it's bullshit  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2006, 05:57:40 PM »

This whole thing is stupid. Members come and go like socks. What is GNR? could you tell me what it is?  Why not staying with this current solid line-up? Why changing everything 2 month before Rio? Don't you think it's a little "too late"?
Sometimes I have the impression Axl "buys" his musicians like a bunch of prostitutes. I'd like to see "a band" after all this years, it's not the time to fuck-up the unity of the band again.
It's not official, it's just a rumour yet. So, stop bitching about Axl "buying musicians". This line-up is the almost the same since 2002 and that's a long time enough.

ARC
VIP

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2006, 05:58:18 PM »

Riighht. ?These days, it takes an army just to get that lush on stage. ?He's a hideous guitar player that falls down on stage and yells and screams at bandmembers onstage. ?The worst concert I've ever been to. ?He's a has-been. ?And i was a huge EVH fan back in the day.

Sorry for going ot.

... but charisma is perpetual. If you're born with it, you have it forever. It's not something that goes away. Eddie could be great again, he just needs to stay sober. I've heard Axl is into health these days, he could keep Eddie clean and if you can't raise your game playing for Guns N' Roses then all hope is lost.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: