Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R mention on Talkingmetal.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R mention on Talkingmetal.com  (Read 13325 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2006, 06:03:39 PM »

What's wrong with EVH...?! Call him up Ax!

Oh nothing, just a drunk who could hardly play on the last VH tour. ?I cried when I watched him last Cry.

Maybe so, but at least he has charisma which only Axl in the current band possesses.

Riighht. ?These days, it takes an army just to get that lush on stage. ?He's a hideous guitar player that falls down on stage and yells and screams at bandmembers onstage. ?The worst concert I've ever been to. ?He's a has-been. ?And i was a huge EVH fan back in the day.

Sorry for going ot.

... but charisma is perpetual. If you're born with it, you have it forever. It's not something that goes away. Eddie could be great again, he just needs to stay sober. I've heard Axl is into health these days, he could keep Eddie clean and if you can't raise your game playing for Guns N' Roses then all hope is lost.

I admire your optimism, but things don't always turn out that way.? the man has been the same since the mid 70s.? His wife of over 20 years left him over this stuff.? Sometimes ARC, people just don't change.

masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2006, 06:10:05 PM »

Yea, I've heard this guy play on his website... He's pretty damn good!  He's definately good enough to play Buckethead's solo's with no problem.

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2006, 06:13:01 PM »

He is a better shredder than buckethead but that's not the point. The point is that he is a shredder and that he is unable to play with a minimum of FEELING.

I like shredding!
I love Dimebag! And no one can say Dimebag dident have feeling, so there are shredders with feeling to!
This guy would fith right next to Fortus and Finck!

Dime wasn't just a "shredder". Kerry King on the other hand is.

Actually neither one of them are shredders...  Shredders are guys like John Petrucci, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Steve Vai.

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Rune
Opening Act

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2006, 06:25:13 PM »

The guys at talking metal are really into GN'R, they even had a GUNS N' ROSES STAKEOUT (Episode 46)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2006, 06:29:58 PM »

The guys at talking metal are really into GN'R, they even had a GUNS N' ROSES STAKEOUT (Episode 46)
yeah, they are cool. I like listening to them sometimes. They are probably on this board but Jarmo didn't want to tell me who they were when i PM him. Anyway, if they read this message, they rock. Cool guys? Cool

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2006, 06:34:02 PM »

From Slash to some guy with a mullet who plays a double-neck guitar...?  Undecided  confused

First people bitched about the bucket, now it's a mullet...who really gives two shits?

Quite a lot of people, actually.

The point I was making was that it's not going to matter to some people who Axl replaces Slash with, regardless of musicianship, charisma, and/or talent, and that, to me, is a real shame.
jizz dizz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2006, 06:40:59 PM »

was a full version of "better" released or did i miss something. also michael angelo is fucking incredible, but buckethead is in my opinion the most solid guitarist possibly ever. ?His playing sounds like nobody else and his like actually out of this world. ?He plays all genres is always innovative and can play as fast as any1 could ever want. ?And if you really think he plays without feeling get his album "Population Override" and the song nottingham lace and to see his awesome speed get the cobra strike albums. ?But Axl is smart for getting another shredder, its the sound of this millenium. ?To have the epic masterpiece sound, that i think hes trying to achieve with stuff like twat, you have to have virtuosos, not just guys who are "Rock n' Roll". ?BTW this is not a knock oon Slash as he is in my top 5 all time guitar list and is who made me really start practicing.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2006, 07:00:35 PM »

Very interesting...

It would kind of be cool in the sense that MAB is the type of guy that SHOULD have been a fucking star in the 80's and early 90's- but he just never really latched on to the right band or project... now later on in his career he possibly gets an opportunity like THIS!??! There's some divine justice in all of that if it goes down...

The guy can clearly handle Bucket's parts... and GN'R is always a stronger force with a virtuoso guitarist (Slash, Buckethead).ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2006, 07:12:26 PM »

I'd take anybody over Buckethead.  I hate him.  having a robot play unemotional shredding is not what GNR is about. I want somebody that plays great melodic riffs   and that doesn't look like a freak. There is this guitarist that I have seen that i think would be a perfect fit for GNR.  I don't remember his name but he has hair that covers his face and wears a top hat .  Maybe you guys know who I am talking about . 
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2006, 07:13:05 PM »

yeah, they are cool. I like listening to them sometimes. They are probably on this board but Jarmo didn't want to tell me who they were when i PM him. Anyway, if they read this message, they rock. Cool guys  Cool

actually , it's me and dave(gnfnr2k) ... time to come clean .. we came up with the idea while watching a boston bruins game one night.  smoking

hihi

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2006, 07:16:06 PM »

I'd take anybody over Buckethead.  I hate him.  having a robot play unemotional shredding is not what GNR is about. I want somebody that plays great melodic riffs   and that doesn't look like a freak. There is this guitarist that I have seen that i think would be a perfect fit for GNR.  I don't remember his name but he has hair that covers his face and wears a top hat .  Maybe you guys know who I am talking about . 

Perfect fit , except for the fact that he and axl are suing each other , dont like each other and havent worked together in over a decade. Not to mention mr.hudson has a band of his own and didnt contribute at all to the music about to be released on the new gnr album.

perfect fit? dont think so chump.

as for bucket , I'll ask you to listen to his solo's on TWAT and Madagascar (RIR3 version) , unemotional shredder? You're ignorant , blind or deaf to even say that.

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2006, 07:16:30 PM »

I'd take anybody over Buckethead.? I hate him.? having a robot play unemotional shredding is not what GNR is about. I want somebody that plays great melodic riffs? ?and that doesn't look like a freak. There is this guitarist that I have seen that i think would be a perfect fit for GNR.? I don't remember his name but he has hair that covers his face and wears a top hat .? Maybe you guys know who I am talking about .?

You must be talking about Mr. Willy Wonka  ok
mr. moustache
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2006, 07:33:12 PM »

http://www.deanguitars.com/angelo/mab.html

ZzzZzzzZZZzzzZ

hopefully it's bullshit  hihi
you can say zzzZZzzzZZZZzz about a lot of bucketheads solo stuff too but when under the control of Axl he put out some KILLER stuff. twat anyone? If you listen to the song is his official site it could fit right on a bucket cd. So this guy can replace bucket easy and i'm hoping he does.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2006, 07:40:33 PM »

I'd take anybody over Buckethead.? I hate him.? having a robot play unemotional shredding is not what GNR is about. I want somebody that plays great melodic riffs? ?and that doesn't look like a freak. There is this guitarist that I have seen that i think would be a perfect fit for GNR.? I don't remember his name but he has hair that covers his face and wears a top hat .? Maybe you guys know who I am talking about .?

Perfect fit , except for the fact that he and axl are suing each other , dont like each other and havent worked together in over a decade. Not to mention mr.hudson has a band of his own and didnt contribute at all to the music about to be released on the new gnr album.

as for bucket , I'll ask you to listen to his solo's on TWAT and Madagascar (RIR3 version) , unemotional shredder? You're ignorant , blind or deaf to even say that.

the solo in Madagascar is mediocre at best  . The mlk and movie clips make that song.   And the solo no twat has no direction . Madagascar and Twat are songs with an awesome foundation  ( due to Axl's songwriting)  but the guitar work in those songs don't do the songs justice.  They make those songs forgettable.  When you listen to SCOM, NR, Estrange, PC , Jungle  the guitar riffs stay in your mind forever.   You can be the greatest architect ( Axl)  but if you don't have any builders to realize your vision,   what good is it ?
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2006, 07:48:43 PM »

the solo in Madagascar is mediocre at best  . The mlk and movie clips make that song.   And the solo no twat has no direction . Madagascar and Twat are songs with an awesome foundation  ( due to Axl's songwriting)  but the guitar work in those songs don't do the songs justice.  They make those songs forgettable.  When you listen to SCOM, NR, Estrange, PC , Jungle  the guitar riffs stay in your mind forever.   You can be the greatest architect ( Axl)  but if you don't have any builders to realize your vision,   what good is it ?

meh , whats the point I guess. Enjoy yer AFD/UYI's and bootlegs of the old band. G'nite and peace to you. One day hopefully they will create that time machine and you'll be able to enjoy the music again.

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2006, 10:15:49 PM »

the solo in Madagascar is mediocre at best? . The mlk and movie clips make that song.? ?And the solo no twat has no direction . Madagascar and Twat are songs with an awesome foundation? ( due to Axl's songwriting)? but the guitar work in those songs don't do the songs justice.? They make those songs forgettable.? When you listen to SCOM, NR, Estrange, PC , Jungle? the guitar riffs stay in your mind forever.? ?You can be the greatest architect ( Axl)? but if you don't have any builders to realize your vision,? ?what good is it ?
dude you are deaf... and also death if you dont feel the emotion of BH solos in those songs....

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
jizz dizz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2006, 01:19:07 AM »

BUCKETHEAD IS FULL OF EMOTION!  jesus fucking christ! some people are so fuckin superficial that they cant recognize this genius because of the way he looks.  The whole point of Bucket is to seem totally robotic and emotionless in his appearance, but have all his feelings pour through his music and to let the music do the talking entirely.  Listen to like the electric tears album or somethin dude, the man oozes emotion.  Some of the songs are so emotionally provoking, that I can't listen to them all the way through out of fear that I'd break down and cry.  And when he does play those "robotic riffs" there some of the best head-bangin heavy metal shit I've heard in a long while.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2006, 02:07:36 AM »

Buckethead= Michael Angelo.  Two technically fast shredders with no writing ability.  I'm not judging buckethead's music based on his looks,  I think Michael Angelo sucks as much as BH  and he doesn't wear a Bucket.  Shredders don't belong in a band like GNR.  it doesn't compliment Axl's songwriting.  Can you imagine  a shredder  writing solos for a song like NR ??  it would suck.  There is a reason why BH doesn't play on the "Blues".  Is Buckethead playing on CITR???  no.    I don't think Buckethead left GNR because of Axl , he left GNR because he knew he couldn't write melodic rock.  Buckethead belongs on instructional DVD's on how to play fast.  he has no business being on stage with a band.   This message board is full of nutswingers  i just don't get it.  I bet you if Axl Rose came out tomorrow and said that BH guitar playing was holding back the process of the music ,  you nutswingers would become BH haters. I just think that you can't admit Axl made a mistake bringing this joke into his band.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2006, 02:40:02 AM »

Can you imagine  a shredder  writing solos for a song like NR ??  it would suck.  There is a reason why BH doesn't play on the "Blues".  Is Buckethead playing on CITR???  no.    I don't think Buckethead left GNR because of Axl , he left GNR because he knew he couldn't write melodic rock.
Yeah, that's why Buckethead didn't play the KOHD solo... Wait! confused

jizz dizz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2006, 02:49:23 AM »

actually if axl said bh was holding him back, id say "ur a fuckin idiot axl". ?my love of buckethead does not stem from axl, but for my love for genius on guitar. ?Michael angelo does not equal bucket. ?Bucket is a million times more deep than angelo. ?he would drop a sweet solo on any gnr song. ?He plays extremely melodically. ?he would not try to shred NR's slow parts, but would play a beautiful guitar solo a la "Too Many Humans". ?And shredding at the end of NR would prob sound even better than Slash's solo (OMG Judas! lol). ?u simply cant lump all "shredders" into one category. ?it only shows extreme ignorance on ur part. ?please if u explored bucket's catalogue past the cuckoo clocks of hell (which actually has a lot of funky and melodic playing anyway) you'd see how wrong u really are. ?Im not a fuckin nut swinger, fuck axl, he is tainting gnr's name with his stupid braids, and jerseys to hide his fat. ?He is a musical genius, but also a douchebag. ?changing the name of the band, and getting bucket back, however, would be the best thing he could possibly do. ?With his endless amounts of musicians and no product released, with no words delivered to his insanely loyal fans. ?I mean people are posting thousands of messages over what 4 demos, and 6 concert bootlegs. ?He has fans licking up whatever shit he spews out of the gnr machine that he is pissing on. ?Please axl put down the playstation controller, stop living off of ur past, and make public stop thinking of u as a botoxed over the hill 50 year-old fatass who cant face reality. (sorry about the rant, ill try to stay on topic next time)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: