Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R References!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R References!  (Read 1871 times)
Lukin
Headliner

Veganism is nice.

« on: March 27, 2006, 05:50:57 PM »

The hype is up as we all know and GN?R and Chinese Democracy referenses are popping up everywhere. The latest that I?ve found was about the long-awaited Refused DVD that has been ?n the making for MANY years and the releasedate has been pushed forward many times so there sure is a parallell to Chinese Democracy here, hehe.

Well here?s the article:

Source: BHR Rercords

By the way, Refused is the band that released the record "The Shape Of Punk To Come" that Duff mentioned ALOT in the interviews he made during the release of the Velvet Revolver debut album. And since I grew up within the same music scene as Refused and seen them play over 27 times I can assure you Duff is right when it comes to this band! Smiley

XXX

OK, this thread is supposed to be about references related to GN?R, and I guess that will have to do since we ain?t getting any offical news anywhere!  Tongue

"Why don't we plant a mechanic virus and erase the memory of the machines that maintain this capitalist dynasty?"
Axl S
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:18:46 AM »

These aren't really references but I was ill yesterdaya nd spent all time wtaching the music channels but there wa a shitlaod of gn'r stuff appearing, and this rarely happens I mean I got to wacth Guns N' Roses VS Green day on VH2 wtf. What do they have to with each other. Also eh... A magazine I got Classic Rock(not the wh smith exculusive one normal one) HYad one page about Guns N' Roses and the dopwnlaod concert and it mentioned the axl in club stereo playing chinese democracy. So people who read the magazine knwo soemthing is happening.
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 10:14:12 AM »

You should work in PR, fella (or you already do). Nice tie-ins and boldened proper nouns.

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 03:36:03 PM »

Hey All,

Not sure the appropriate thread to post this (figured it didn't need it's own thread) so I figured I'd use this.  There's a Daily Beast article on M.I.A. and they reference Guns N' Roses as being authentic.  Here's the quote:

Authenticity is a cherished notion in rock. If you are a true, authentic artist, the thinking goes, you write your own songs, you perform them, you don't lip sync, you are not the product of a record label or a producer. Additionally, it helps if you are dangerous or dangerous-seeming. You are Guns 'N Roses, not Poison. You are Tupac, not the Fresh Prince. You are the Rolling Stones, not the Monkees. You are M.I.A., not Lady Gaga.

You can read the rest of the article here if you're interested:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-05-31/mia-more-real-than-lady-gaga/?cid=hp:vertical:r

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06