Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)  (Read 25619 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2006, 07:08:27 PM »

Keep in mind the Tool record was mastered in a day and their albums are pretty complex. It is a short quick process. Mysteron not being around at all leads me to believe we are not on the cusp of anything too important.  Undecided

I cannot realistically check every rumor right now. There are too many  hihi
Do you think the Official Announcement is coming SOON?  Preferrably tomorrow...

An announcement will come once all European dates have been scheduled, it will probably just include details of the European tour and possibly reveal a 3rd guitarest/band line up. If we're really lucky maybe it will discuss the status of Chinese Democracy.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2006, 07:47:09 PM »

I seem to think, that there is no release date confirmation, because it is still up in the air as to who is going to be touring with Axl this summer. ?I would imagine we will get an album this fall: ?either Chinese Democracy or a two disc set with the 2003 (Duff, Izzy, Slash, Matt) stuff mixed with the four or five completed songs from the 94-97 jam sessions on one disc, and a Best of on disc two. ?Increasingly, Axl's inclusion (on the non-Business Wire ?version of the legal statement) of the Oct. 2005 Slash visit, maybe more of a personal challenge to Slash than any legal maneuvering. ?Whatever the case, Sterling Sound is getting some material this summer to work on. ?

In either scenario, GNR is back this year--let's at least be happy about that. ?I tend to think that Axl is beginning to get a little nervous about this, and maybe thinking it's time to just throw away the last eight years, and give Duff a call. ?We know he chat's with Izzy, and we know that Slash and him were trying to work it out last fall. ?I would think one of the major sticking points to a reunion is choosing the drummer. ?Duff maybe still loyal to Matt, whereas I don't see Axl reconciling ever with the guy. ?Taz Bentley, Brain, or Josh Freese all would be very suitable in my book!

The nice thing about the new guy's is they all have their own projects--IF a REUNION DOES HAPPEN:

Fortus (may tour instead of Izz) or will continue to do session work, tour with Nena, re-join Richard Butler for a new album, etc.
Finck (may tour instead of Izz) or will rejoin Reznor and NIN, will work with Perry Farrell (who wanted to work with him on numerous occasions), ?or do more performing arts work, etc.
Brain can find work in a second with many bands, including Buckethead or Primus.
Pitman--more projects than one can name here--the guy is busy
Dizzy--will be involved in any GNR line-up
Tommy--Soul Asylum, or will reunited with Paul Westerburg

There is really many "win-win" scenarios, if shit hit's the fan with the new band.

dude, thats an absolute ideal situation for me and most others (outside this forum)

but the fact remains, where are you getting this info? Especially the stuff regrding 2003 songs and completed works from 97. Did Axl even complete vocals for either of these

its all really just speculation so Im not going to get my hopes up

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2006, 07:53:19 PM »

I seem to think, that there is no release date confirmation, because it is still up in the air as to who is going to be touring with Axl this summer. ?I would imagine we will get an album this fall: ?either Chinese Democracy or a two disc set with the 2003 (Duff, Izzy, Slash, Matt) stuff mixed with the four or five completed songs from the 94-97 jam sessions on one disc, and a Best of on disc two. ?Increasingly, Axl's inclusion (on the non-Business Wire ?version of the legal statement) of the Oct. 2005 Slash visit, maybe more of a personal challenge to Slash than any legal maneuvering. ?Whatever the case, Sterling Sound is getting some material this summer to work on. ?

In either scenario, GNR is back this year--let's at least be happy about that. ?I tend to think that Axl is beginning to get a little nervous about this, and maybe thinking it's time to just throw away the last eight years, and give Duff a call. ?We know he chat's with Izzy, and we know that Slash and him were trying to work it out last fall. ?I would think one of the major sticking points to a reunion is choosing the drummer. ?Duff maybe still loyal to Matt, whereas I don't see Axl reconciling ever with the guy. ?Taz Bentley, Brain, or Josh Freese all would be very suitable in my book!

The nice thing about the new guy's is they all have their own projects--IF a REUNION DOES HAPPEN:

Fortus (may tour instead of Izz) or will continue to do session work, tour with Nena, re-join Richard Butler for a new album, etc.
Finck (may tour instead of Izz) or will rejoin Reznor and NIN, will work with Perry Farrell (who wanted to work with him on numerous occasions), ?or do more performing arts work, etc.
Brain can find work in a second with many bands, including Buckethead or Primus.
Pitman--more projects than one can name here--the guy is busy
Dizzy--will be involved in any GNR line-up
Tommy--Soul Asylum, or will reunited with Paul Westerburg

There is really many "win-win" scenarios, if shit hit's the fan with the new band.

dude, thats an absolute ideal situation for me and most others (outside this forum)

but the fact remains, where are you getting this info? Especially the stuff regrding 2003 songs and completed works from 97. Did Axl even complete vocals for either of these

its all really just speculation so Im not going to get my hopes up

That is not happening. Why are so people so naive. The record label would NEVER let this happen.  Yeah I know they are gonna let Axl trash the 30m bucks they gave him and trash all the songs he has worked on since 1999  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 07:54:56 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2006, 07:56:04 PM »

If the label saw more $$ in OG band than new ,you can bet they would let it happen alright

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2006, 07:58:27 PM »

If the label saw more $$ in OG band than new ,you can bet they would let it happen alright

No they would not. You are insane if you think the label would not sue axl if he trashed all those songs and went with ones he did with slash and duff in 1996. Those songs are not even finished, and they would not let axl go back into the studio to work on them.?

The label wants CD out ASAP, the would never just ok axl pissing away 30m they gave him to reunite with the old band.

Face CD will be out by the summer and axl will be touring  with the  band that made CD minus BH
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 08:02:15 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2006, 08:07:15 PM »

I am utterly bewildered people on this board think old Guns would ever get back together.   Huh

I've said it before, I'll say it again.  Mommy and Daddy got a divorce.  It's over.  They both have new friends, new lives.  It will never be the way it was before.  Get use to it.  Please, for the love of god, stop!   crying

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2006, 08:08:21 PM »

Plus Axl wants to show who was the real talent in gnr. We have seen what izzy, slash and duff did and now axl is going to shine and show he was the driving force behind guns n roses.

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2006, 08:31:34 PM »

I may be delusional, I admit it.... but aside from Axl, Dizzy and possibly Richard.... I don't think it's certain by any means who's taking the stage in Lisbon and Europe yet.... for all we know... Slash and Duff could be "invited" back into the band for the summer tour as part of a settlement agreement regarding the law suit... it's not out of the realm of possibility... if Axl's attorneys feel that the suit isn't going well (although I like his case more than their's) he might be looking at some nasty damages... if he feels the suit will go badly at trial... taking these guys out on tour and making them a part of Chinese Democracy may be the only way to make them go away... legally.... Slash and Duff could record parts for Chinese Democracy 1,000's of miles away from Axl Rose (say in London)... it is possible... this is 2006... not 1973. We do know that someone close to Slash, likes the ablum... I always thought there was more buried in that comment than meets the eye...

Anyway, management is going to look like a bunch of morons if their "big announcement" before the tour is that Axl is touring with Robin, Richard, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy and Chris (who we all like/admire, but the rest of the world couldn't pick out of a police line-up) with no news about a Chinese Democracy release date...

I guess what I'm saying is that I buy hook, line and sinker into the whole "two contracts" theory... I don't think there's been an announcement... because it's not 100% certain what the hell will actually being going down in Europe this summer... which is just so "Guns N' Roses" if you think about it.... I wouldn't be surprised at all if these mythical "rehearsal" sessions taking place this month are nothing more than Dizzy and Richard playing Ms. Pacman on Pitman's mac without permission...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 08:33:43 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2006, 08:32:59 PM »

Plus Axl wants to show who was the real talent in gnr. We have seen what izzy, slash and duff did and now axl is going to shine and show he was the driving force behind guns n roses.

Unless Axl is playing all the instruments in this new band, I don't see how that's possible.
This band is a collaborative effort from what the new members keep saying, so how can you say it's solely Axl?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2006, 08:37:11 PM »

Unless Axl is playing all the instruments in this new band, I don't see how that's possible.
This band is a collaborative effort from what the new members keep saying, so how can you say it's solely Axl?

Axl was the one who got the band to work hard on the songs. That is FACT.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2006, 08:40:28 PM »

Without Axl, GN'R would just have been a cool rock band. There wouldn't be songs like november rain,estranged,breakdown,locomotive,coma,don't cry etc. The Live shows wouldn't have been half as good....

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2006, 08:41:14 PM »

Maybe so with the old band, but like I said, the new band is said to be a collaborative effort, it's not an Axl solo project, from what the new members have said.

I have no doubt CD will be good, but your blind Axl worship is ridiculous.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2006, 08:55:39 PM »

Maybe so with the old band, but like I said, the new band is said to be a collaborative effort, it's not an Axl solo project, from what the new members have said.

How am I wrong?You just cant accept the truth. Look at slash, duff and izzys solo albums plus VR album.? None come close to being as good as the old gnr stuff, where as a song like TWAT, Madagascar, Better and CITR are all just as good as a lot of the UYI songs and some of the songs on AFD. None of which can be said for their solo or vr stuff. So how am i wrong? Plus most of gnr hits were axls songs.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 08:58:43 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2006, 09:04:59 PM »

How am I wrong?You just cant accept the truth. Look at slash, duff and izzys solo albums plus VR album.? None come close to being as good as the old gnr stuff, where as a song like TWAT, Madagascar, Better and CITR are all just as good as a lot of the UYI songs and some of the songs on AFD. None of which can be said for their solo or vr stuff. So how am i wrong? Plus most of gnr hits were axls songs.

You are misinterpreting what I'm saying. This new band won't prove that Axl is the sole driving force if it's a collaborative effort from all the new members will it?

It ain't an Axl solo record, so if CD is good, it proves that this entire band is good, not Axl alone.

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2006, 09:06:44 PM »

I agree with that point... but compare the stage presence, charisma, writing skills and playing chops of Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt v. Robin, Richard, Tommy and Brain... that's what's important... Axl is indespensible to either line-up... but will he scale the same heights with the new guys that he did with the old? Huh

The Guns N' Roses of old were pop icons....

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Z
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2006, 09:24:01 PM »

You are misinterpreting what I'm saying. This new band won't prove that Axl is the sole driving force if it's a collaborative effort from all the new members will it?

It ain't an Axl solo record, so if CD is good, it proves that this entire band is good, not Axl alone.

Axl is indeed the driving force behind the collaborative effort.? Axl assembled this band.? Axl has been there throughout all of the recording.? Tis why none of the other band members have a clue as to what has been going on because Axl has been the only constant during the entire recording process.?

For instance, Brian May recorded his parts to CITR years ago and just recently got to hear Axl's voice on the song.

Better, TWAT & IRS indeed prove that the entire band is good.......or........the parts that Axl assembled are incredible.

Does anybody realy think that Axl is going to welcome back the old members that had nothing to do with CD??? They wanted no part of it and walked long long ago.? The man behind this movement isn't going to let them piggy-back in as the masterpiece is about to be unveiled.

Everybody, myself inclulded, has become more anxious as of late for this thing to drop because we gotten a taste of what is to come......and Axl's activity in the public eye shows he's getting ready.

I still say May....June at the very latest.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 11:19:42 AM by Z » Logged
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2006, 09:58:58 PM »

Well, until he finds a way to surpass all that Appetite achieved your argument is worthless in that it will only prove that neither Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff or Popcorn were able to create better music on their own than they were able to create as a unified band.

Just merely making better music than the others doesn't prove jack when you can't make music that surpasses what you made with the guys you claim you don't need. Where is the logic in that?

David Glimore and Pink Floyd were very successful after Roger Waters left in the band in the 1980's. In much the same way they argued over the band name and who was the driving force behind their success.

Does David Gilmore having better success in his venture than Roger did on his own vindicate his claim, or does the fact Pink Floyd without Roger never reached the heights they did with him prove that the sum of a groups parts are superior to any singular band member's vision.

The same analogy applies to GNR. What is Axl "proving" as you like to say if his version of GNR can't even reach the same heights as the old one did, let alone surpass them?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2006, 10:02:27 PM »

I agree with that point... but compare the stage presence, charisma, writing skills and playing chops of Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt v. Robin, Richard, Tommy and Brain... that's what's important... Axl is indespensible to either line-up... but will he scale the same heights with the new guys that he did with the old? Huh

The Guns N' Roses of old were pop icons....

Tommys solo stuff and playing is better than Duffs
Slash is better than Robin.
Fortus can play better than izzy, and until I hear fortus writing, izzy was the better writer.
As for drumming brain blows away matt.

GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2006, 10:03:16 PM »

I think the idea of an album coming out is still very doubtful.

There is nothing to suggest an album will come out other than wild speculation amongst a few hundred geeks on the messageboards.

No single, no release date, no statement since 2004. The mini tour they have is also irrelevant pretty much as they won't have an album out, so would be foolish to play its contents live. 02 setlist and 02 outcome is a very strong possibility.

So sad and so very true ?Cry

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2006, 10:04:22 PM »

Well, until he finds a way to surpass all that Appetite achieved your argument is worthless in that it will only prove that neither Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff or Popcorn were able to create better music on their own than they were able to create as a unified band.

Just merely making better music than the others doesn't prove jack when you can't make music that surpasses what you made with the guys you claim you don't need. Where is the logic in that?

David Glimore and Pink Floyd were very successful after Roger Waters left in the band in the 1980's. In much the same way they argued over the band name and who was the driving force behind their success.

Does David Gilmore having better success in his venture than Roger did on his own vindicate his claim, or does the fact Pink Floyd without Roger never reached the heights they did with him prove that the sum of a groups parts are superior to any singular band member's vision.

The same analogy applies to GNR. What is Axl "proving" as you like to say if his version of GNR can't even reach the same heights as the old one did, let alone surpass them?

Some of the new songs are better than some of the songs on AFD, so Like I said I am right. And as for what CD has achieved, that doesnt mean shit. Contraband got a grammy does that mean that its better ?than AFD? The songs that axl has made are better than a lot of the old gnr songs, so you have no point.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:06:03 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: