Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Not Going To Be Released Next Month (From SP1at)  (Read 25625 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »

Some of the stuff in this thread is hilarious...

1.Slash and Duff are not coming back.
The new tour will consist of Axl, Stinson, Fortus, Finck, Brain, Pittman, and Dizzy. A 3rd guitarest will probably emerge before the tour begins.
2.When Guns N Roses releases its next album it is going to be "Chinese Democracy." Not some new cd with old members or shit from 1997 recording sessions. Some of you have to be completely brain dead to say shit like its going to be a cd with old members, etc...
3.As of the first of this month the new tracks had not hit mastering.
4.If you're all setting around for a release date, you're going to be really dissapointed for a while. I've said a hundred times they aren't going to announce a date months in advance, 2-4 weeks before at the longest.

Later. peace
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 03:11:19 PM by Mr.Intensity » Logged
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2006, 03:12:20 PM »

Increasingly, I wonder if there is some issue with finances regarding this. ?We are approaching the end of the 1st quarter, and Sanctuary's viability as a player maybe in doubt, or not after they report their quarterly earnings/losses. ? Alan Niven's statement, timing wise, was very interesting. ?There is always more than meets the eye with GNR. ?From what I gather, Oct. 2005 is not the first time in the last five years that Axl and Slash have chatted Wink  For all we know, they maybe in the same fantasy football league!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 03:14:39 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »

The new tour will consist of Axl, Stinson, Fortus, Finck, Brain, Pittman, and Dizzy. A 3rd guitarest will probably emerge before the tour begins.
2.When Guns N Roses releases its next album it is going to be "Chinese Democracy." Not some new cd with old members or shit from 1997 recording sessions. Some of you have to be completely brain dead to say shit like its going to be a cd with old members, etc...
4.If you're all setting around for a release date, you're going to be really dissapointed for a while. I've said a hundred times they aren't going to announce a date months in advance, 2-4 weeks before at the longest.

Later. peace

any questions voodoo? hihi

by the way if your information is correct, the rumour about CD being mastered in NY is from march 14th peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2006, 03:14:21 PM »

Later. peace

by the way if your information is correct, the rumour about CD being mastered in NY is from march 14th peace

My info is correct. I can't verify or deny the March 14th rumor.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2006, 03:19:04 PM »

Later. peace

For some reason, I think you are correct (esp. the 2-4 weeks).? But there are wild cards circling this band like vultures do carrion prone on Lost Highway's.? All well laid plans with this band, can go out the door in a heartbeat!  I also know, for a fact, that in the past year, there has been a push by many inside of the old 86-93 GNR camp trying to foster some sort of reconciliation between the opposition parties. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 03:24:16 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2006, 03:20:42 PM »

release date? we've known that for ages people!!

uote from the "behind the music" guns n roses episode  "axl's album , chinese democracy , is slated for release in november 2004"

there ya go .. it will be in november 2004!!! god!

oh , wait ....  confused

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2006, 03:29:01 PM »

Later. peace

Do you really work for Axl, or were you being sarcastic? 
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2006, 03:30:03 PM »

release date? we've known that for ages people!!

uote from the "behind the music" guns n roses episode? "axl's album , chinese democracy , is slated for release in november 2004"

there ya go .. it will be in november 2004!!! god!

oh , wait ....? confused

Well, I believe VH1 was incorrect about that.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2006, 03:30:54 PM »

Later. peace

Oh dear Lord here we go again. Roll Eyes

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2006, 03:32:58 PM »

I believe the release date will not be said with just an internet press release. It would be with Axl doing some interview or something like that.. I mean, it would come from Axl's mouth, not just Merck or gnronline braking the news. Tongue

Actually, I think he did some trade. The Prostitute demo for the insider status. hihi

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2006, 03:37:35 PM »

Later. peace

Do you really work for Axl, or were you being sarcastic??

I don't work for Axl, however the info I have is valid, it doesn't matter how I get it. Also, you're correct that many people inside the old gnr camp would love to see the old band get back together.. but what they want and what they get are two entirely different things. Still too much bad blood for a reunion and Axl has 32 new tracks right now, no reason for a reconciliation.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2006, 03:40:52 PM »

I am waiting for a reply to a question I asked someone, but I don't think everything is set in stone as much as Mr. I seems to think. ?1st things first, let's find out who was at rehearsal?
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

No surprise here. Axl himself said CD was not finished just a few months ago. I doubt he has even worked on it since then considering he has been partying it up in NY. If CD is going to be released this year, I think it will be late in the year.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2006, 03:59:33 PM »

it's now looking like CD won't come out until after the tour, as the tour will be used to get a reaction on the latest wave of tracks. I really did think we'd see CD in March. Guess i was wrong? Sad

I didn't think we'd get it that soon, however I believe when we do get it... we won't know a few months in advance... it's going to be mastered, copied and distributed very quick... most likely in an effort to prevent massive leaks of the new material.

The leaks we got are all from 2001-2003 recording sessions.

Also, announcing a release date might influence anyone who has unleaked tracks left just to leak them.. as they won't have value to sell or barter anymore. Another reason to keep the release date unknown.

Man I wanna know the story, stop playing around, you know damn well what is allegedly "out there", why wont you just tell us, and does GNR really have north american dates in mind if this tour goes well?

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2006, 04:00:17 PM »

The tracks are done, they just aren't mastered.

I don't think Axl has any more work to do but to decide on the tracklisting, artwork, tour plans, promotions, videos, singles, etc........
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2006, 04:01:36 PM »

I don't think Axl has any more work to do but to decide on the tracklisting, artwork, tour plans, promotions, videos, singles, etc........

When was the latest recording done?  2004?  Did they record fresh material in 2005, or just tinker with the stuff from the 2001-2003 sessions?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »

I'm just upset because if this news is accurate than we probably won't see the album this yr."The new album has yet to even enter the release conveyor belt at Universal, according to Universal."   I know I went overboard when I said that Axl could not write a song to save his life .  He could write songs  he just doesn't know how to release them.   It's been almost 4 yrs since the VMA performance.  Maybe we are all suckers.   "you will here music this yr"    translation :  I am going to tour this summer  I will leak a few tracks  and as far as my album goes , you can all kiss my ass.

Can you point me to who said this:

"The new album has yet to even enter the release conveyor belt at Universal, according to Universal."

I'm just a bit curious. I missed that comment, from whoever made it, and would like to read it in context.

From Sp1at on Saturday.  When are rehearsals scheduled to begin?  Today? 

they began last tuesday.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2006, 04:02:53 PM »

it's now looking like CD won't come out until after the tour, as the tour will be used to get a reaction on the latest wave of tracks. I really did think we'd see CD in March. Guess i was wrong? Sad

I didn't think we'd get it that soon, however I believe when we do get it... we won't know a few months in advance... it's going to be mastered, copied and distributed very quick... most likely in an effort to prevent massive leaks of the new material.

The leaks we got are all from 2001-2003 recording sessions.

Also, announcing a release date might influence anyone who has unleaked tracks left just to leak them.. as they won't have value to sell or barter anymore. Another reason to keep the release date unknown.

Man I wanna know the story, stop playing around, you know damn well what is allegedly "out there", why wont you just tell us, and does GNR really have north american dates in mind if this tour goes well?

I just gave you the full story... what I know I post, of course Guns N Roses will want to tour America if the European tour goes well and Axl demonstrates to American promoters that he is committed to his schedule. If you're speaking about more songs being "out there" its obvious I don't believe there are any more readily available as I would be making threads offering cash to buy them... like I did before.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2006, 04:03:16 PM »

Richard and Tommy both went in the studio in December 2005 to record an interlude, so I'm assuming they did some stuff besides 2002-2004. Not much though probably.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2006, 04:03:39 PM »

When was the latest recording done?? 2004?? Did they record fresh material in 2005, or just tinker with the stuff from the 2001-2003 sessions?

I've never asked that question, so I couldn't give an honest answer.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: