Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:33:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR 2006 ticket-holder disclaimer - from Warsaw promoter
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR 2006 ticket-holder disclaimer - from Warsaw promoter  (Read 2642 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: March 26, 2006, 11:41:03 PM »

Thought this was interesting -

http://www.odyssey.pl/koncerty_e.html

General Terms and Conditions of Concert Attendance

I. The organiser reserves the right to cancel the concert/event without earlier notice.

II. The organiser shall not be obliged to pay any compensation or damage towards owner of a ticket, in addition to reimbursement of the amount stated on the ticket for the concert/event which has been cancelled.

III. Owner of the ticket should have in mind that the ticket cannot be exchanged. It is not possible to return money for it in instances other than specified above. The organiser reserves the right, in conjunction with all the other provisions and directives stated on the ticket or on signs displayed in the venue, to the following actions:

1. Refuse access to the owner of the ticket.

2. Refuse introducing to the event and using throughout the duration of the event any cameras, video recorders or any other audio / video recording devices.

People who will try to take to the concert site a camera, camcorder or any other audio- video recording device, will have to face the necessity of depositing it, the cost of which amount to 50 PLN.

3. Request that the owner of the ticket withdraw from the venue of the event and undertake appropriate steps to execute the request.

4. Perform all possible changes in the course of the concert/event due to unforeseeable and unavoidable reasons.

5. Cancel the concert/ event or resign from it for reasons outside the control, without forewarning and without the obligation to pay compensation or damage to any person in addition to the return of the amount specified on the ticket in part or in whole, at the discretion on the organiser.

6. Change the programme with respect to artistic performance and timeframe, without previous consultation and compensation.

7. Refuse access to the event to owners of tickets who hold arms, wear shoes with metal edges and possess any other items which may be dangerous.

8. Change the sitting/ standing place of the ticket’s owner for any other place if needs be.

9. Owners of tickets may suffer prolonged exposure to sound volume that may damage hearing.

10. It is prohibited to bring to the venue of the event any cameras, recording devices, laser pointers and alcohol.

11. Official programmes and gadgets shall be sold only in the venue of the event.

12. This ticket is a personal revocable license which may be withdrawn and admission refused at anytime upon refunding the printed purchase price.

Ticket may not be resold or offered for sale by anyone at a premium and may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contest or sweepstakes) or for any other trade purposes.

Resale or attempted resale at a price higher than that printed on the face or use in unauthorized advertising or promotions is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 11:58:23 PM »

So how is the no-taping rule different from any other venue? Huh

not trying to slam the thread, just wondering...most artists/venues prohibit bootlegging-it was techinchally prohibted on the 2002 tour.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 11:59:48 PM »

all tix say that even ones in the  usa, ppl still sneak in cams

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
alexh0618
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 12:12:14 AM »

all tix say that even ones in the? usa, ppl still sneak in cams

Most of the time you don't even have to sneak them in. When I went to a VR show last April in Detroit, I was holding my camera in my hand when I went through the metal detector. During the show, I snapped a few pics and THEN one of the staff members told me it wasn't allowed.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 12:12:41 AM »

I just bolded that passage because the site had it highlighted.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 03:21:53 AM »

When I was still going to big shows a lot I used to hide any equipment around my nutsack area. That way if I was searched the guy at the door usually didn't want to cop a feel. Got some great photo's from some shows. Alternitivly I did sometimes get my girlfriend at the time to hide a camera or something else small enough to fit between her breasts or handbag (chicks where I come from generally aren't searched at shows)

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 12:10:04 PM »

hmmm, what about mobile phones
Origen
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 12:23:34 PM »

Practically all bands since probably the 70s has banned people from recording there concerts BUT people still do it and the bands know they can't stop it so it isn't a rule followed through.

The only band I think who is cool with it is U2, didn't they say they see it more of a honour that people are that interested in their music that they record concerts.

So yeah, erm cool rules  hihi
godiva
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 12:59:38 PM »

Metallica used to put bootleggers there where they could record the music the best, so there wouldn't be shitty bootlegs for the fans. Don't really like Metallica that much, but that was pretty cool.
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 04:11:55 PM »

Metallica used to put bootleggers there where they could record the music the best, so there wouldn't be shitty bootlegs for the fans. Don't really like Metallica that much, but that was pretty cool.
And then they sued Napster, go figure. lol

Raven
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 05:03:05 PM »

yeah they recorded theyr whole tour and you could download it from theyr site, of course you had to pay a few bucks for it
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 05:47:57 PM »

On their most recent tour, Pearl Jam taped the shows themselves and then offered them for audio download on their website, $9.99 per concert. Sometimes the show was available later THAT NIGHT!!! Now that is cool.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 06:38:37 PM »

Practically all bands since probably the 70s has banned people from recording there concerts BUT people still do it and the bands know they can't stop it so it isn't a rule followed through.

The only band I think who is cool with it is U2, didn't they say they see it more of a honour that people are that interested in their music that they record concerts.

So yeah, erm cool rules? hihi

counting crows used to have a bootleggers section at their shows. They allow cams and recorders at their shows. It even says it on their tix

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 06:47:21 PM »

buckethead allows/encourages audio/video taping of his shows.  ok

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 06:50:02 PM »

Does that go for pictures as well?
I think it's fucking stupid shit that you can't even take a picture of the band you went to see.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 07:46:58 PM »

When I was still going to big shows a lot I used to hide any equipment around my nutsack area. That way if I was searched the guy at the door usually didn't want to cop a feel. Got some great photo's from some shows. Alternitivly I did sometimes get my girlfriend at the time to hide a camera or something else small enough to fit between her breasts or handbag (chicks where I come from generally aren't searched at shows)

Thanks alot Scree!  Now they're gonna grope our nutsacks!  They better have really hot security girls at the entrances!   ok

Seriously, all I want to smuggle in is a double-shot of whiskey to down before Night Train...it's my tradition.  '92 and '02...and hopefully before '12.   Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: