Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:36:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reason For Multiple Albums?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reason For Multiple Albums?  (Read 4975 times)
JAC185
« on: March 26, 2006, 09:00:14 AM »

I've had a few ideas about why there will be more than one album (well i think their will be, whether its a double disc or spread out)

1) Since 99/00 they have had a bunch of songs and have been focussing just on all of those, the delay being the time taken on those songs

2) The Industrial feel of 99/00 didn't suit some songs and the newer line-up, so theyve got a whole batch in one style and a whole batch in another, the delay being choosing and maintaining styles as to not have a really inconsistent album, but to keep both styles separate, an eclectic collection is fine but not a mish mash of random things. I remember hearing people saying Axl wasn't sure which direction to go in, so maybe rather than combining different styles, he has kept them separate.

3) Chinese Democracy was finished for the most part in 2000, with many songs not making the cut. Since new members have come in, they have kept some of the older songs, reworked others and written whole other new songs, and have been working on those; and so they have enough songs to fill two or three albums written across a large time period, some from the old-new gnr (  hihi) and more from the current band.

(I hope those made sense)

Which do you feel is most likely? Or do you have a different idea?
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 10:44:05 AM »

I totally disagree..... i say they should put out the 3 cd in 3 years because when they do this they keep the interests of the people instead of giving them all the music at once ... if they did the 3 cd album the listeners would be like whats next...... I say the 3 year plan is the best for there interests even if us GNR fans want them all right now

ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 02:07:32 PM »

I'm just glad that they recorded three albums.  This way we don't have to wait another decade and a half for the sequels to cd, or will we?
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 02:58:03 PM »

I think its a very good idea indeed to release 3 albums, bare in mind most of the general public has no idea gnr still exists and some even dont know who gnr are (the younger audience obviously Smiley) so to release 3 albums over 3 years would make sure its not a moment of success which fades within a month, it pretty much gurantees longevity! Smiley
It also guarantees less sells for any one album.
Megaguns
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 03:48:25 PM »

If the albums have singles on them, one per year would be too often, Wasnt there singles still coming off UYI 2 years after its release?  It would be like, Heres the fourth single from Chinese democracy volume 1, And heres the first single from CD Vol2. Catch my drift? Maybe it would be a good thing? i dont know....
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 03:49:03 PM »

well, 3 cd's over 3 years also make sanctuary and geffen happy. at least 3 full tours, 3 albums that you cant kepp on the shelves. thats a lot of money, and they both want/need it.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 08:07:25 PM »

Oh yes, by all means spread out the release over the years.  40+ songs would be too much to take in all at once.  And yes, Estranged became a single in '93
Evolution
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 08:18:01 PM »

I love the idea. Puts my mind at ease completely about the next album taking ages also. Plus give us a comeback to non-fans who mention how long it's taking.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 08:19:10 PM »

I believe the 3 CD rumor when I have all three albums..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 08:41:54 AM »

Assuming the 3 album thing is still the plan, they'll release the next album when the first album has been drained of singles.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 08:56:06 AM »

The 3 album idea is a great one...but who says that Axl won't want to tinker with any remaining albums at the last minute, therefore causing another delay?

Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 09:08:13 AM »

I would prefer a big package with everything in there. A massive 3 CD album. But I don't care about sales and most people here are more interested in that Roll Eyes
Anyway, I can figure that very few people would buy a 3cd album with new material, but 3 cd's in 3 years wouldn't be a smash thing either. Very probably, what would happen is that Axl wouldn't be happy with the sales of the first album and push definitely the release of the other two...
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 09:24:49 AM »

3 albums over 3 years will be a very good move, people will think its just another band trying to make a comeback if its just one album ,and think that this time it will be the proper end for axl, if he keps giving us stuff it shows that there is hope that this time hes here to stay, only problem is what happens after the 3 years do you think we will see more?

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 10:25:36 AM »

In some respects I think it seems a very good idea, I would certainly feel much more confident of an album after CD than if Axl released CD then said 'we'll start work on material for a new album some time next year' or something like that. It's also encouraging to see there is a plan after CD and that there may well already be a planned track list for the follow up(s) to CD or at least the skeleton of the next album is known.

I do think 3 albums in 3 years might be a bit excessive though and if this was the case there might be a bit of a GNR overkill by the 3rd album (sounds ridiculous at the moment doesn't it  hihi). Personally I think they should judge the releases based on the success of the previous album and take it from there. Most bands seem to generally go for a new album release every 2-3 years and I think that would be a better idea here and perhaps aim to have the 3 albums released over more like a 6 year period. Much more digestable for the general public, but not enough time to be forgotten about again and also gives the guys a break between tours and promotion etc.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 09:00:50 AM »

so he doesn't have to be bothered with recording for a while and he can release all the material he recorded over the last 15 years
UseYourIllusion999
Opening Act

...Use Your Illusion...

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 11:46:09 AM »

Well we all know Axl and he does what he wants when he wants so if it's been 15 years without original material out there, who's to say that he'd ever put out the other 2 let alone Chinese Democracy (the first one).  He has walked off stage, not showed up, ranted about anything he wanted, as well as everything else because he just doesn't care what people think of him nor...he does what he wants and that is why I like him pretty much...but we still don't know anything  smoking

What's it with you man, and this garden?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 11:50:33 AM »

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and suggest that it's because they have 3 albums left on their contract with Geffen Records hihi peace

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 11:55:51 AM »

Reason for multiple albums...?

15 years.  ok
Mrs. Brownstone
Opening Act

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 04:57:17 PM »

Everytime a few tracks were laid down another member was replaced so more and more tracks accumulated. And, 13 yrs since last studio album.   ok 
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 05:06:27 PM »

I think that more than 1 album would be a great surprise... And maybe that's what Axl wants, since we've been patiently waiting for the release? Cheesy
Or maybe, none of this makes sense.

Then again, we don't know. He could surprise us all, or it's just gonna be what we are expecting.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 09:08:08 AM by MandyGnR » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: