Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:29:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reason For Multiple Albums?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reason For Multiple Albums?  (Read 4964 times)
DCGNR2006
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 05:19:04 PM »

I think it will in fact be 3 CD's at one time. Reason being, Axl Rose knows right now, this very day, that there will be enough people going ( just from this forum alone!) to the store on the first day to buy this album. He also knows that not one of us will go there and NOT buy it because it is 3 CD's and probably on the expensive side. By issuing a 3-CD package,they really could charge 45-50 bucks for it. Take that figure by the amount of people that will be buying it on day one and you are cashing in!

Do it my brother....we're gonna pay
Silkworms
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 02:40:03 AM »

Which other bands/groups have ever released 3 CDs of new material at once?  Any?
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 02:44:09 AM »

Which other bands/groups have ever released 3 CDs of new material at once?  Any?

Aren't the Chilli Peppers doing that soon?  34 sonts?

The number one reason Axl did three albums was so he didn't have to ever record again, cuz its become such a pain in his ass.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 05:05:55 AM »

didnt Axl say that the first release is going to be more conventional and then he'll release the more 'out there' stuff?

I really hope that CD is comprised of the absolutle, 100% , bonafide best songs of the ones he's been working on. CD is make or break, he better come out swinging because he may not get another chance

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
RichardNixon
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 05:09:20 AM »

Say Axl has three albums in the can. You think he will just release one, year after year, without "touching it up."?
shaun
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2006, 10:50:41 AM »

Reason For Multiple Albums?

that's an easy one to anwser: here goes - of the 30+ tracks only 33% are any good. CD will feature the best of the bunch and the remaining 66% will be released later on, just to extract some ca$h out of the average gunner.

and in case you were wondering about the remaining 1% the record company will hold onto these 1% so they can really ca$h in and re release GnR material in a new improved form (re mastered etc) +1 extra *new* track (the blurb on the disc cover will read, newly discovered GnR track, a MUST! for all fans)

Mrs. Brownstone
Opening Act

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 05:20:25 PM »

didnt Axl say that the first release is going to be more conventional and then he'll release the more 'out there' stuff?

I really hope that CD is comprised of the absolutle, 100% , bonafide best songs of the ones he's been working on. CD is make or break, he better come out swinging because he may not get another chance

I'm with you JTG.  It's do or die, if he released a cd with stuff like Silkworms and Riyadh on it the media and most of the fans would more than likely be alienated for good.  With the amount of money/time spent on this he's backed himself into a corner, the only way out is to knock it out of the park.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 05:30:35 PM »

Personally, I would find (3) albums at once overwhelming.  I'm as anxious as anyone to hear new music, but I also want to appreciate and digest everything that's released.  Assuming there's any truth to the multiple album rumor to begin with (did Axl say anything to this effect, or just that they've recorded enough material to fill more than one CD, etc. - damn the word games!), one a year would be great.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 05:34:18 PM »

as long as they don't release 1 every decade.....
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 05:37:31 PM »

My fear exactly.  Which is why I would prefer a 30+ song double, triple album, whatever, because I'm afraid that no matter what is released it will be a long time before we see another album, if ever.
Origen
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 05:48:23 PM »

I can't see Axl doing that, releasing the final part when he's 64!? hihi

He'll have to re-do the lyrics to WTTJ if he's still singing at that age:

"Welcome To The Retirement home.
We've got chess and other games.
If your under 60 then you won't get in here for free.
In the retirement home welcome to the retirement home
I need my bed p-p-p-p-p pan"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 05:52:47 PM by Origen » Logged
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 05:56:03 PM »

I can't see Axl doing that, releasing the final part when he's 64!? hihi

He'll have to re-do the lyrics to WTTJ if he's still singing at that age:

"Welcome To The Retirement home.
We've got chess and other games.
If your under 60 then you won't get in here for free.
In the retirement home welcome to the retirement home
I need my bed p-p-p-p-p pan"

LMAO  rofl

Fuckin brilliant!!!!!  rofl rofl
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 08:46:22 AM »

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

WHATS ALL THIS MULTIPLE ALBUMS CRAP GOIN ON...

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
Origen
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 08:50:28 AM »

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

WHATS ALL THIS MULTIPLE ALBUMS CRAP GOIN ON...

We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! - Axl

There has also been rumours for years about CD being a multipart album.
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 09:19:24 AM »

go figure now...we'll just have to wait n see.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2006, 07:46:15 AM »

None...

And trust me, neither will Axl...

Anyone whose never even taken a High School buisness can tell you that that's a horrible release idea...

To maximize sales, you'd be an idiotto release all 3 albums at once...

Trust me, as close as Merk an Axl are, if Axl told Merk that "that was the plan", Merk would laugh him out of the office...

Say Axl has three albums in the can. You think he will just release one, year after year, without "touching it up."?

Fuck no...

Even if Axl wraps up recording on all 3 albums this year, and he's happy as fuck with them...down the road when its time for the followups, he will most definately do some "touch ups" and all that Axl Rose jazz...

The guy is a perfectionist, that's not going to change now...

Plus, the relevancy of music genres is a fading thing in today's music landscaps, so touch wood that he doesnt have to down the road for an eternity, but Uncle Axl may have to update some of the songs or modernize their influences to sell it...

He has an advantage now...Better sounds like nothing on the radio now...it's a future #1...i just hope by the time we hear the final version, it doesnt sound outdated as say some of the drumfills on Appetite.. Embarrassed

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: