Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228531 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  music crime at its worst
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: music crime at its worst  (Read 9444 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2006, 04:02:26 AM »

EVERY rap artist can GET FUCKED, well, just the cunts who constantly use samples n' shit....GET FUCKED

i heard a fucked up rap song TODAY from some bitch who uses the intro to an ELO song, i think it was Evil Women and i was fuckin' shocked!!

hey, i was readin' the song credits to Black Eyed Peas' Monkey Buisness  album and OH MY FUCKIN' GOD!!!, the amount of samplin' these cockheads use is unbelievable!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2006, 04:10:21 AM »

I liked it, I think it's cool that musicians/singers who are not the typical GnR fans still find the song interesting enough to go and make a cover and video of it. That's kind of a cool compliment to GnR...  We are all GnR fans here, so it's almost impossible for any artist to make a GnR cover that we will like more than the original, but I liked that they did this with a twist, and not only trying to make a copy..  And people, nobody deserves to die, or get fucked for singing a GnR song, no matter if they do it good or bad... Man, sometimes I feel like I'm sorounded by 13 years old fanatics in here..   ok

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2006, 04:12:23 AM »

Quote from: ClintroN Prt.6 - At The Gates Of MIDIAN
EVERY rap artist can GET FUCKED, well, just the cunts who constantly use samples n' shit....GET FUCKED

i heard a fucked up rap song TODAY from some bitch who uses the intro to an ELO song, i think it was Evil Women and i was fuckin' shocked!!

hey, i was readin' the song credits to Black Eyed Peas' Monkey Buisness ?album and OH MY FUCKIN' GOD!!!, the amount of samplin' these cockheads use is unbelievable!!

Have you ever listened to DJ Shadow or The Avalanches? Their music consists ONLY of samples, and it's damn good. However, I see your point in lazy artist trying to get commercial success by using a sample from a well-known song.

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2006, 12:31:16 PM »

hey, i was readin' the song credits to Black Eyed Peas' Monkey Buisness  album and OH MY FUCKIN' GOD!!!, the amount of samplin' these cockheads use is unbelievable!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Dude you obviously know very little about music if you can make a statement like this.  Find the movie "scratch" and watch that and learn about the genre before you go making ignorant comments like this.  And I don't care how how many posts you have either.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Elle
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2006, 12:43:23 PM »

fuck I wish I hadn't clicked that link - my poor ears

'If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine'
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2006, 03:10:02 PM »

Dude you obviously know very little about music if you can make a statement like this.  Find the movie "scratch" and watch that and learn about the genre before you go making ignorant comments like this.  And I don't care how how many posts you have either.

good for you, (whats with the post comment) rap artist arnt artist, and i dont give a shit about your movie, if they can only use old school samples n' not come up with anythin' from themselves then thats not talent, thats a rip off!!

honestly, its cool for somethin' here n' there, but thats all they seem to do these days!!!   

Tongue Tongue

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Elrothiel
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2006, 03:26:11 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH!!

*faints*

*wakes up*

*gags and runs to go throw up*

Must.... resist.... urge... to.... kill....... *eye twitches madly*
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »

good for you, (whats with the post comment) rap artist arnt artist, and i dont give a shit about your movie, if they can only use old school samples n' not come up with anythin' from themselves then thats not talent, thats a rip off!!

honestly, its cool for somethin' here n' there, but thats all they seem to do these days!!!   

Tongue Tongue

you don't know how sampling works man.   i could say the exact same fucking thing about someone using a G chord  Undecided

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2006, 04:27:42 PM »

I actually think the biggest music crime is Axl keeping the music he and GNR has made from the world.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2006, 04:32:14 PM »

Just watched it...you know...I actually don't think its that bad. Certaintly miles better then when Sheryl Crow remade SCOM. Some of these bitches are also really fine. I would bang most of them very very hard.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2006, 12:44:56 AM »

Tongue Tongue

you don't know how sampling works man.   i could say the exact same fucking thing about someone using a G chord  Undecided

oh c'mon dude, thats just stupid!!!

why dont we say were all rippin' eachother off!!

next time i write a song usin' a fkn G chord i better think of EVERY FUCKIN' SONG THAT USES ONE!! Roll Eyes
thats not sampling or takin' someone els' material, ITS A FUCKIN' NOTE!!

dude, i really dont mined sampling, but when its used n' abused i think its wrong, i know how sampling works!!

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Groovie In VT
Rocker

You know where you are? Your on the fucking Intern

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2006, 01:01:25 AM »

At the middle of the video, the lead singer does a half ass Axl Snake Dance ,lol

Wouldn't that be a Half Ass Davy Jones Monkees dance?? I think Axl copied him.

Groovie In VT....... and don't you forget it!!
disillusionz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2006, 09:59:52 AM »

I like the first half of it.  From the rap on...  I could probably do without.

I like it a helluva lot more than what I've heard of CKY or mixmaster mike (I think that's his name anyhow).
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2006, 11:01:54 AM »

Although I'm not a fan of Don't Cry being used like this, it's not that bad.  I'm not a fan of the genre or anything, but it's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.  Sure, we can all do without the rap and ridiculous special effects of the video, but it's great that GNR's music is flexible enough to still be used in pop music.  Not only that, it's getting the Guns N' Roses name back out there.  Certainly, getting the music back out there appealing to younger generations is a positive thing in that it could cause the kids to get into GNR and realize that they can relate to the music.  If that's the case, then it will definitely boost ticket sales here in North America.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2006, 11:05:22 AM »

Tongue Tongue

next time i write a song usin' a fkn G chord i better think of EVERY FUCKIN' SONG THAT USES ONE!! Roll Eyes

dude, i really dont mined sampling, but when its used n' abused i think its wrong, i know how sampling works!!

You condem the genre of hip hop because it uses 'samples' in place of a drum beat or a guitar chord.  Go watch a good turntabilist and I guareentee you will have utmost respect and won't be saying  that thay're ripping people off.  I've been playing guitar since about 1991, and I can guarentee you that "beat juggling' is more difficult than playing guitar.  In beat juggling, a sample is used like a drum beat or LIKE A FUCKIN' NOTE (that's what I meant when i said you didn't understand sampling).  maybe you'r'e thinnking of P Diddy- or kanye west-type sampling where e.g. an entire chorus is sampled from a song, but I can tell you that this is a huge minority in the genre of hip hop and so it's not fair to say that by using samples, hip hop is rippin' other people off.

huntermc
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2006, 12:50:47 PM »

Yeah, this isn't terrible, it's just a generic pop song. It makes me want to go back and listen to the original again.
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2006, 03:00:48 PM »

Tongue Tongue

You condem the genre of hip hop because it uses 'samples' in place of a drum beat or a guitar chord.  Go watch a good turntabilist and I guareentee you will have utmost respect and won't be saying  that thay're ripping people off.  I've been playing guitar since about 1991, and I can guarentee you that "beat juggling' is more difficult than playing guitar.  In beat juggling, a sample is used like a drum beat or LIKE A FUCKIN' NOTE (that's what I meant when i said you didn't understand sampling).  maybe you'r'e thinnking of P Diddy- or kanye west-type sampling where e.g. an entire chorus is sampled from a song, but I can tell you that this is a huge minority in the genre of hip hop and so it's not fair to say that by using samples, hip hop is rippin' other people off.

ok far enough, my bass player is one of the best turn tablest i've seen Shocked   i know how scratchin' is difficult, that requires talent  ok

over all, yes im talkin' about what you said when people use entire chorus' , or just rely on other peoples material, sctratchin' is different, i couldnt believe it when i heard Steve Wonders Very Supastitius  (spellin') totaly cover'd by some chick but with totaly diff lyrics man, A WHOLE FUCKIN' SONG!!!  Roll Eyes

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2006, 03:20:16 PM »

^^ and yes scratching but more importantly 'beat juggling' which is far more difficult but is the foundation of hip hop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: