Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:13:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228532 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  music crime at its worst
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: music crime at its worst  (Read 9463 times)
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 01:13:46 PM »

you guys are fucking idiots.

First, this is not hip hop, it's r&b pop music.  although I am not a fan of this type of music and would certainly never choose to listen to it, I don't think the remake is that bad like you all make it out to be.  It's actually kinda cool that these people are making GNR music accessible to a demographic would would never listen to gnr in the first place.

Second, I dont' know why half of the people on this board are so limited in their musical taste, and think that thei8r way is the only way.  Calling this a 'music crime' is the stupidest fucking comment i've ever heard.  i don't really think any musi9cian would agree with you, whether they like this style of music or not.  people used to say that dylan going electric in '65, or the beatles releasing sgt. peppers, were 'music crimes.'  i wonder what those people are doing now.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2006, 01:57:35 PM »

Nambis, you made very good points. I thought it wasn't that bad, and provided a different take on the music we love. The only thing that bothered me was that parts of the melody and instrumental work could not be recreated with the beat they used.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006, 02:10:05 PM »

I bet Axl loved this version, he'd probably prefer singing this over the origional verision live. 
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2006, 02:13:44 PM »

Wow, that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be.  It's a different perspective on the song. I also agree with jimb0, on the fact that Axl may have actually liked it.  We all know that Axl likes different kinds of music, other then straight Rock N' Roll. 

It was actually kind of a sweet video, I think.  Not the kind of music I would normally listen to, however

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2006, 03:25:09 PM »

Some one needs to give those girls a cleveland steamer for this crime against humanity.
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 03:28:29 PM »

When was this made anyway.
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2006, 03:34:23 PM »

Some of the comments on that page make me embarassed to be a GNR fan. Wishing Hitler was alive juts becuase they did a gnr cover? no I don't speak for axl and comp, but I'm sure even they're emabarassed about having fans like this.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2006, 03:35:09 PM »

Wow...  Angry
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2006, 03:37:28 PM »

Wow, that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be.  It's a different perspective on the song. I also agree with jimb0, on the fact that Axl may have actually liked it.  We all know that Axl likes different kinds of music, other then straight Rock N' Roll. 

It was actually kind of a sweet video, I think.  Not the kind of music I would normally listen to, however

Grin

Not my cup of tea either, but interesting. Did they sample that quartet tribute?  My external HD got fuct  Angry and I no longer have it, so i was wondering if this intro was indeed from that. 

Axl likes the hip hop beats, so he might like this.  I can't assume what his taste would be though. 

At least this artist has good taste in music and is spreading the gnr music to people who might have not origionally liked them.  I'd like to see 'em get a steamer any way. j/k
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2006, 03:43:51 PM »

I donno why but I kinda dig this, I never really dig this kinda music but....  I think Don't Cry is just a f'n awsome song no matter how it is done.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2006, 03:50:26 PM »

Whoever is bringing racism into this, did they realize Slash is half black?
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2006, 04:24:19 PM »

i think the music is ok, i like the twangy effects on the guitar during the chorus (assuming they used actual instruments). im not to fond of the vocals though. if axl was singing to this and they only brought the girls in as backing vocals in the chorus then i think i would appreciate this more. my vote is interesting idea, poorly executed.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
el roberto
Opening Act

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2006, 04:27:30 PM »

Yeah, I can't see why all the negative comments. It was interesting. Of course we all have different taste, but I don't see why anyone should feel offended. Some of you should be more positive about such little things. It's not like you lost 100 grand or somethin ?peace
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2006, 06:40:02 PM »

im not saying its a crime, and i don't like r and b music, ive tried to listen and i just don't like it, but i have to say that song is very bad, say that im biased if you must but it wasn't good, they eevn used axl in the background of the first harmonics section.  The only thing worth crediting in the song is the fact that they managed to fit the rap in quite well but thats it.  The video was also random crap

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2006, 07:03:34 PM »

I though it was going to be worse but whats the matter with them they can't right there own lyrics?

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
speak_truth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2006, 10:27:30 PM »

At the middle of the video, the lead singer does a half ass Axl Snake Dance ,lol
RichardNixon
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2006, 01:36:35 AM »

I thought the first half of the song was decent--not great, but a respectable cover. But when it came time for Slash's killer solo, and they started in with the rap, it lost me.

Still, as previously stated by another poster, if this makes GN'R's music more assessable to others, not real harm.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2006, 01:47:31 AM »

Wow, that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be.? It's a different perspective on the song. I also agree with jimb0, on the fact that Axl may have actually liked it.? We all know that Axl likes different kinds of music, other then straight Rock N' Roll.?

It was actually kind of a sweet video, I think.? Not the kind of music I would normally listen to, however

Grin

Not my cup of tea either, but interesting. Did they sample that quartet tribute?? My external HD got fuct? Angry and I no longer have it, so i was wondering if this intro was indeed from that.?

Axl likes the hip hop beats, so he might like this.? I can't assume what his taste would be though.?

At least this artist has good taste in music and is spreading the gnr music to people who might have not origionally liked them.? I'd like to see 'em get a steamer any way. j/k

I think so

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2006, 02:10:41 AM »

The rap is silly and the black girl needs to stop singing through her nose.  Not a music crime, just bad music.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/04
GNR--Portland, OR--12/11/06
GNR--Rosemont, IL--11/15/11
GNR--Nashville, TN--07/09/16
GNR--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/23 (canceled)
SF--Terre Haute, IN--07/21/2024 (cancele
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2006, 03:16:44 AM »

This cover sucked, even the country version of PC was better (and it was pretty bad). Whoever authorised the cover to be released needs a swift kick in the nuts.

Oh and to all those going off on us who simply don't like it, piss off and take a look at your own music tastes before criticising others (and I LIKE R&B generally.)

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: