Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:27:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  how are they promoting the shows in your country (what footage)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: how are they promoting the shows in your country (what footage)  (Read 8179 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 10:36:36 AM »

With the insiders I meant more like the second the tickets are on sale you will know, no chance you'll miss out..

yeah, but without promotion in the first place, the concerts are selling slow (in the beginning) and any hardcore gnr fan can get his ticket. then after two weeks the promotion kicks in and the concert sells out....( in the best case)

would be a nice move from management if it was their intention. there are probably lots of people who don`t have the chance to attend a gnr concert in finland for example, because they didn`t get to know it early enough or might don`t even know it as of yet, but any gnr fan on this forum got his ticket....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 11:54:07 AM »

I don't think that was their intentions,.. I really think it's just mismanaged.. I think they feel the tickets will sell and axl will show everything else is up for grabs.. There has been ages to have this thing started off right, they could have had this thing top notch right from the first tour date announcement
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2006, 12:00:42 PM »

for the first Norway gig, all I saw was an ad in a newspaper. and they mentioned in the entertainment news.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
WARose
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2006, 12:03:34 PM »

I don't think that was their intentions,.. I really think it's just mismanaged.. I think they feel the tickets will sell and axl will show everything else is up for grabs.. There has been ages to have this thing started off right, they could have had this thing top notch right from the first tour date announcement

i guess at this point, it`s to early to judge the promotion of this tour..... we`ll see what comes out of it ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2006, 12:05:27 PM »

for the first Norway gig, all I saw was an ad in a newspaper. and they mentioned in the entertainment news.

I also wanted to say I can understand small metnions if they are playing a big festival with other acts where the fans will still buy tickets.. I think the harder part would be them touring as the main act with no promotion

i guess at this point, it`s to early to judge the promotion of this tour..... we`ll see what comes out of it

I am sure it'll all go great, I am just suprised after such a long layoff and not knowing who exactly is in teh badn they would have had ti set up better faster
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2006, 12:17:03 PM »

Germany:

besides the Rock am Ring Homepage and a small little mention on MTV  i haven't seen any promotion until now......
Weird? Dumb? or maybe they are just not sure if they will show up at all?Huh
I don't know!!!!!! Huh

"The announcement starts soon....."

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Ejay
Opening Act

Guns are Allowed

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2006, 12:48:52 PM »

There were some advertisements in major daily newspapers in the netherlands (Spits and Telegraaf). In Spits there was even a small article about it, written by some frustrated journalist because he still has tickets of the GNR concert in the Netherlands in 2002 (also Nijmegen). But that's about it.

In Guns we Trust, Guns never let us down
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2006, 01:07:54 PM »

There were some advertisements in major daily newspapers in the netherlands (Spits and Telegraaf). In Spits there was even a small article about it, written by some frustrated journalist because he still has tickets of the GNR concert in the Netherlands in 2002 (also Nijmegen). But that's about it.

You mean the Gelredome in Arnhem right?...'cause I believe that's where the concert was supossed to be held
Ejay
Opening Act

Guns are Allowed

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2006, 01:23:01 PM »

You mean the Gelredome in Arnhem right?...'cause I believe that's where the concert was supossed to be held

You're Right, ah Arnhem or Nijmegen, what's the difference.......... Grin

In Guns we Trust, Guns never let us down
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2006, 08:40:44 AM »

I haven't seen any promotion here in Sweden, but that's probably because it sold out in one day. They only advertise shows that doesn't sell as good as they would like.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2006, 12:43:24 PM »

Hear in the USA, since we're not getting any dates, we got nothing, which is about what we ever get from Axl or his management company
qazolmob
Opening Act

Where's your head at?

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 01:18:33 AM »

Here in Finland I saw one TV ad featuring Live and Let Die footage. Gn'R also mentioned as rockgiant rarely doing gigs.

Then some mention in entertaiment news. Tickets sold out, another gig annouced also told in news. And that's the promo. I wonder if they had planned something but the gig(s) sold out too fast, I guess.
SADIS
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 01:50:46 AM »

Like what was said earlier in this thread there's no promotion besides one ad in one small newspaper and the fact that GnR is performing popping up on some of the bigger newssites. But that's it.

The thing is however that I don't think it's selling that good here in the Netherlands.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 05:00:59 AM »

Hear in the USA, since we're not getting any dates, we got nothing, which is about what we ever get from Axl or his management company

yeah you would think here they'd be like gnr is back but playing in europe first....  I know when cream did  afew gigs in the uk American rock radio stations were always talking about it, saying I wish they would come here..... After a gnr song you hear nothing, maybe just that there are lawsuits out there

So far it seems like "gnr" is billed with motley crue in some areas, old footage has been used in other countries and little or no adds on other places and no mentioned here in America
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 05:11:35 AM »

MTV Germany aires a rock am ring commercial for all bands playing there. They use parts of the paradise city video as footage for the gn'r part.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006, 05:31:43 AM »

Sill no promotion in France.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 05:33:29 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2006, 05:44:28 AM »

Send some promoter in France a DVD bootleg from the 2002 tour. Maybe that would get the ball rolling.

Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2006, 05:58:00 AM »

people stop buying tickets untill you hear a proper press release - dont get fooled. we all know about Axl's mood swings. he is not someone you can rely on just look at the facts guys.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
WARose
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2006, 07:17:25 AM »

Send some promoter in France a DVD bootleg from the 2002 tour. Maybe that would get the ball rolling.

i don`t think it`s our function to promote gnr.....

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2006, 07:50:54 AM »

It's kind of sad that there is little to no promotion for the tour so far.....I was expecting something - good thread - will check it daily

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: