Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:31:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  how are they promoting the shows in your country (what footage)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: how are they promoting the shows in your country (what footage)  (Read 8192 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: March 25, 2006, 08:38:22 AM »

I took this idea from what war rose told me in another thread where he mentioned on mtv in german news they were showing clips of the old band as in paradise city... Are they showing clips of the old guns in your area or taking the clips from the 2002 shows and playing them...?
godiva
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 08:43:05 AM »

So far there was a little news item on the television, teletext saying GNR will be performing and it's on the internet site of Goffertpark. That's it! Kinda surprises me. I thought there would be posters, flyers etc. Even in the postoffice this morning, GNR wasn't even listed on their list of what you can buy tickets for!  Huh Of course, the show was announced Tuesday and ticket sale started today so there wasn't much time, but it is still amazing that I haven't seen it or read about it. People around me know I'm a big GNR fan and so far nobody called me to say did you know GNR is performing in the Netherlands?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 08:46:13 AM »

So far there was a little news item on the television, teletext saying GNR will be performing and it's on the internet site of Goffertpark. That's it! Kinda surprises me. I thought there would be posters, flyers etc. Even in the postoffice this morning, GNR wasn't even listed on their list of what you can buy tickets for!? Huh Of course, the show was announced Tuesday and ticket sale started today so there wasn't much time, but it is still amazing that I haven't seen it or read about it. People around me know I'm a big GNR fan and so far nobody called me to say did you know GNR is performing in the Netherlands?

So you had to find out here or that site you listed above..  Did the teletext say anything about the band or anything like it, or was it just a line on the bottom of your screen saying gnr playing _____? Are ticket sales going along?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 08:51:14 AM »

if it wasnt for this site,i wouldnt know they were playin a tour this year.there was promotion ads in mags n newspapers for the last tour but ive seen nothing yet this time.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 08:53:04 AM »

if it wasnt for this site,i wouldnt know they were playin a tour this year.there was promotion ads in mags n newspapers for the last tour but ive seen nothing yet this time.

so where is everyone getting their info from who isn't a gnr forum member? I know people are saying in certain areas the tickets are selling fast, I only want to know hpw they are promoting them by each member's country..
Evolution
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 09:11:03 AM »

The Download website and here is the only places i've seen mentions.

"The Daily Record" made mention of the Axl eye spit thing but not one mention of the tour  Undecided
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 09:15:14 AM »

if i would not be a regular at gnr boards, i`d know that gnr are playing rar and some other festivals this year....

somewhere i read something along the lines of " despite the fight between slash and axl, the new gnr album "chinese democracy" is set to be released this summer and the band plans to play various festivals". so i guess it`s safe to say that there are lots of people who happen to be quite misinformed about the current situation in gnr.....

but as i said before i can`t judge on the situation in other countries with headlining gnr shows...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
badapple81
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 09:27:18 AM »

As mentioned, there are still what.. 2 months left to go before the shows?

Don't you think it's a good thing (for us hardcore fans at our community here) that they haven't advertised a lot at this stage? Seems cool and well deserved that we get kinda 'first picks' of the tickets. It would suck if we missed out because they sold out to people who aren't really big followers like us.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 09:30:55 AM »

No promotion in France for the moment.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 09:40:43 AM »

there are posters for KORN's concert june 25th in paris in the metro, but nothing for GNR on the 20th ......

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 09:45:12 AM »

there are posters for KORN's concert june 25th in paris in the metro, but nothing for GNR on the 20th ......
yeah, I also see tons of posters for Iron Maiden for their show at bercy in... November.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 09:52:36 AM »

Don't you think it's a good thing (for us hardcore fans at our community here) that they haven't advertised a lot at this stage? Seems cool and well deserved that we get kinda 'first picks' of the tickets. It would suck if we missed out because they sold out to people who aren't really big followers like us.

regardless of how it's promoted we will know first, we have insiders Kiss
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 09:56:32 AM »

It will all kick off soon.

I can't believe I just said "soon". That word should be banned on GNR forums.  hihi
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 09:57:55 AM »

there was radio adverts for the dublin show when it was first anounced they were playing, the advert included clips of the old bands songs, there was also adverts in the paper but i havent seen or heard anything in a good while
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 10:02:16 AM »

Yep, no promotion whatsoever for now in France. I guess the only "promotion" is my site right now for the show in Paris. lol

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 10:06:24 AM »

wow I thought it would be a little different... I know there is time left...

Does it worry you at all forthe countries using clips of the old band that this can be misleading and cause problems if people were hoping to see others
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 10:09:49 AM »

Does it worry you at all forthe countries using clips of the old band that this can be misleading and cause problems if people were hoping to see others

yeah that worries me, not everyone follows the band as closely ae we do and i think there will be some disapointed ppl when they go to the shows
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 10:13:08 AM »

yeah but we can`t buy tickets when an insider claims to know about an upcoming gnr show.....

i never looked at it from this perspective.....sounds cool to me ok

and using clips of the old band is ok to me, but the new line up should be mentioned though...

the boston promo clip is a good example of how the promotion ought to be....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
godiva
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 10:22:11 AM »

Yes, it is cool that I get to be the one to tell others the band is performing this year. Oh, the teletext said only 'for the first time in 13 years GNR will be performing in the Netherlands. Which band members Axl Rose will bring on the stage with him will later be disclosed' (in other words: the promotors don't know that one either  hihi) Some people complained that the word came out on Tuesday and that gave people very little time to get the money to buy tickets (4 days), especially since it is the end of the month. Well, tickets were only 45 euros a piece, which isn't bad considering it is a big band and Alice In Chains is opening.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2006, 10:26:24 AM »

yeah but we can`t buy tickets when an insider claims to know about an upcoming gnr show.....

i never looked at it from this perspective.....sounds cool to me ok

and using clips of the old band is ok to me, but the new line up should be mentioned though...

the boston promo clip is a good example of how the promotion ought to be....

my idea for promotion at least on tv would be the evolution of gnr, show pics from it's earliest days and as time goes on pop a new guy in for an old to get the brighter pic

With the insiders I meant more like the second the tickets are on sale you will know, no chance you'll miss out..
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: