Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:17:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  European shows
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: European shows  (Read 3680 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« on: March 24, 2006, 07:29:58 AM »

Is anyone surprised how fast the European shows are selling out. I for one am, but am not at the same time (if that makes sense). You have a band who hasn`t put out any new music since 1 song back 6 yrs ago, only 1 (or 2 if you count Dizzy) original members, did half a tour 3 years ago.

But, this is Guns N Roses, everyone knows the name, their old songs are classics, the new band is really talented, I think they are the only rock band out there of that caliber. So looking at it this way, I am not surprised.  Thoughts?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 07:33:06 AM »

But, this is Guns N Roses, everyone knows the name, their old songs are classics, the new band is really talented, I think they are the only rock band out there of that caliber. So looking at it this way, I am not surprised.? Thoughts?

Exactly! That's why I'm not surprised at all.. It's Guns N'Roses, people are dying to listen to the new songs and see them live again... Even the non die hard fans.
Evolution
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 07:34:29 AM »

I think the amount of people with disposable income who go to the shows for the hell of it is overlooked by many, the majority of people going to these shows, I believe, are not die-hards.

That said, I think the name GN'R is huge in Europe due to GH and the sell-out shows reflect that. It's been a long time since GN'R toured Europe don't forget.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 07:37:19 AM »

this is the time GNR has been waiting for.. GNR music are retro thease days. Alot of people dig back theyr GNR cd`s or buy new once.. They get alt of TV and Radio space.. I think this is what Axl and the band has been waiting for.. The Interest to come back. And now its here..
They were booking festivals in the beginning, just to se it this was the right time (guess they dident know how big they should make the tour) Then they saw the succsess, and sould out arenas in minuttes.. They found out this was the time to move on with things.. And the tour grows bigger.. And so does the hope on seeing CD out very soon.

my guessing...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
gally
Headliner

slane 92, leeds 02, dublin 06

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 12:13:34 PM »

The way the dates are selling suggects that the dates are being added based on sales.

There is probalby more dates to be added too.

All in all, this is a good response from europeans!!!!

Must be encourging to Axl and management
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 12:24:51 PM »

I think they should add a second show in Sweden too Tongue

shit happens when you party naked
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 12:41:16 PM »

rant AND A COUPLE MORE UK SHOWS!!!!!!!  rant

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 12:46:09 PM »

I'm sure they will do more shows in the U.K as well as other european countries.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 12:46:34 PM »

the Paris show has been slow though.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 12:54:10 PM »

The Paris show doesn't sell very well. It's not catastrophic but for it's far from beeing sold-out. Average sales for the moment. around 40/45% tickets left. Around 9.000/10.000 tickets have been sold for 5 days (from monday to friday), the Arena is 17.000 people capacity. So wait and see. But I don't see any promotion around this show here... I repeat it, the promotion is still very very quiet.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 12:54:28 PM »

they should stop adding shows in countries that already have one or two. they should extend to other countries. come to romania axl ?rant

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 12:55:06 PM »

theres no way they are gonna play a 2002 setlist again.....the press release,single and album will be here shortly

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 12:56:23 PM »

i really thought there would have been more UK shows.maybe a london show and probebly a scotland show.id rather pay 50 quid each for 2 more UK shows than spend 115 quid for download festival.

COME ON AXL,IF YOU OR MANAGEMENT READ THIS PLEASSSSSSEEEEEEE DO SOME MORE UK SHOWS.IM BEGGING YOU,PPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
gally
Headliner

slane 92, leeds 02, dublin 06

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 12:57:54 PM »

in fairness, without any announcement, its great to see so many shows being sold out, or selling weel. with little promotion

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 12:58:17 PM »

The Paris show doesn't sell very well. It's not catastrophic but for it's far from beeing sold-out. Average sales for the moment. around 40/45% tickets left. Around 9.000/10.000 tickets have been sold for 5 days (from monday to friday), the Arena is 17.000 people capacity. So wait and see. But I don't see any promotion around this show here... I repeat it, the promotion is still very very quiet.

Are those the official numbers?

And, do you have a source?
Pig Vomit
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 12:58:30 PM »

The way the dates are selling suggects that the dates are being added based on sales.

There is probalby more dates to be added too.

All in all, this is a good response from europeans!!!!

Must be encourging to Axl and management

As long as the US gets a tour in the fall I'm happy.
dust of my dust
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 01:10:10 PM »

France has never been the country of rock'n'roll, and most rock bands (except the very big names) choose to book a smaller place, like Le Zenith. It's quite hard for a band like Guns N' Roses to have a sold out show in Bercy without having some promotion. Anyway, I think it will be alright. It will just need more time than other european countries. And as far as I am concerned, I am still thinking about organizing a GN'R party a few days before the concert with thousands of flyers to promote it and to promote the concert. Maybe if I had a way to contact GN'R Management, I'll ask permission to do so, and if they're fine with it, I'll do it with pleasure.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 01:11:36 PM »

It's quite realistic estimations. But I think Will (from GNRFrance) is going to have the official figures soon from the promoters. So wait and see. He will have more information than me.
Anyway, there are still lots of tickets left for sure. Without promotion, GNR won't have a great success here because Rock music isn't very popular here. We need more promotion than in other countries.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 01:16:36 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
axelle rose
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 01:13:13 PM »

I think they should do a solo show in belgium. How about " sportpaleis" ??
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 01:16:18 PM »

It's quite realistic estimations. But I think Will (from GNRFrance) is going to have the official figures soon from the promoters. So wait and see. He will probably gives you the sales figures when he gets them. Cool
Anyway, there are still lots of tickets left for sure. Without promotion, GNR won't have a great success here because Rock music isn't very popular here. We need more promotion than in other countries.

Okay, thank you.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: