Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:42:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock am Ring sucks....or : The Paris Ticket Massacre!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock am Ring sucks....or : The Paris Ticket Massacre!  (Read 2377 times)
conny
« on: March 24, 2006, 06:21:35 AM »

Alright, so this is a little warning about a commcercial ticket scalper in Germany and it's also asking for help....

Germany's Rock am Ring with 135,- Euro per ticket is no option for me as I hate festivals and don't wanna see and pay for the other bands, only GN'R, so I decided to rather spend my money on going to Paris AND seing my favourite band Guns N' Roses there.

But, oh boy...

The german ticket seller "Rocktours" (rocktours.de) is the only way I know to get tickets in Germany when you

a) do not speak French
b) do not have a credit card (unlike in the US, this is not unusual in Europe)

Rocktouts sells concert tickets for foreign countries sometimes incl. hotel and stuff, depends...

But these motherfuckers charge 125,- Euro for one (!!!) Paris ticket alone (no hotel or other stuff incl.), when the regular price is 40,- to 70,- Euros maximum. I am PISSED! I have an e-mail correspondence with these motherfuckers to prove they are ripping off big time.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to buy these tickets in Germany.

Is there?

Does anyone have an idea how to get tix IN Germany FOR Paris for the regular price? I only speak german and english, not french, I can't use the website in France where they sell the tickets as it is in french and you need a credit card to pay. Any ideas how to get tix for the regular prices? Or should I just wait for more concerts in Germany?

Did anyone else experience difficulties buying tickets for the upcoming shows?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 06:25:02 AM »

What can't you ask your parents or friends to buy your tickets on www.ticketnet.fr ?

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 06:27:59 AM »

And there IS an English version (ok, the UK flag on top is kinda small but you can still see it lol): http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/en/manif.asp?idtier=139955&IdManif=98388&formule=&sid=5G8W67NHS1VC8M5V6PWQRKVUDVKK1R88

conny
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 06:43:11 AM »

And there IS an English version (ok, the UK flag on top is kinda small but you can still see it lol): http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/en/manif.asp?idtier=139955&IdManif=98388&formule=&sid=5G8W67NHS1VC8M5V6PWQRKVUDVKK1R88

Thanks, I tried that before, but you can only pay by credit card and I don't have one and none of my friends have one either.  Undecided
Evolution
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 06:59:52 AM »

Perhaps someone on here would be nice enough to buy a ticket for you and post it if you gave them the money via Paypal?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 07:01:52 AM »

I'll give you a link later today cause I'm working right now and I can't find it. Hopefully that will work for you.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 08:13:19 AM »

why don`t you just go to nijmwegen or graspop?

nijmwegen is 45? and graspop day ticket for saturday is 60?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
elmir
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 08:22:41 AM »

but its pretty obvious you can speak english,so that should sort you out....phone the guys in Paris, book a ticket, then go to the event 2 days earlier, pay for the ticket and collect it.

they can speak english just fine.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 08:24:25 AM »

this IS unusual.
credit card are much frequent in europe than in the USA. credit. not debit.

lastroots
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 09:02:31 AM »

Conny, same problem here. I hate festivals as well and I also think I don't wanna pay 130 for RAR. (Even thoughj I will buy tickets for RAR if I have no other chance....)

But I suggest you just wait a little longer. I'm sure there will be another show in Germany.

/lastroots
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 09:12:25 AM »

some your friend or member of family have visa or some other card,you can give hin a money and he(she) can buy ticket

I have never seen so many tree
godiva
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 09:19:17 AM »

this IS unusual.

Hm, no. I don't know anybody who has a credit card except for the people who frequently visit the States. Maybe it depends on your age or the country you live in.

Lastroots, I also have the feeling there will be another German show, just GNR, not a festival. So keep our fingers crossed  ok
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 09:25:32 AM »

Actually there won't be any GNR headlining show in Germany Sad

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 09:26:05 AM »

this IS unusual.

Hm, no. I don't know anybody who has a credit card except for the people who frequently visit the States. Maybe it depends on your age or the country you live in.

Lastroots, I also have the feeling there will be another German show, just GNR, not a festival. So keep our fingers crossed  ok

I don't know anyone who's over 18 and doesn't have a credit card in Greece.

I'd say it's unusual not to have a credit card.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 09:27:59 AM »

I hate to break it to you guys but the plan from the beggining was to play some major festivals and a few solo gigs were they couldn't find any festivals to play.

I don't know if they changed, but that was the plan.

lastroots
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 09:42:21 AM »

I hate to break it to you guys but the plan from the beggining was to play some major festivals and a few solo gigs were they couldn't find any festivals to play.

I don't know if they changed, but that was the plan.

Yeah, I know. But they added more shows for a country when the first one sold out quickly and I guess they are aware that a show in Cologne or Berlin would sell out within minutes, so I think there's still hope.

/lastroots
Shotgun
Opening Act

Bon Jovi can suck my dick

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 09:43:41 AM »

Hey conny,

Maybe you should check this out: http://cgi.ebay.de/Guns-N-Roses-Hallenkonzert-Paris_W0QQitemZ7229216256QQcategoryZ68836QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you don't want to wait till the auction ends, you can call the seller. His phone number is also on the page. Its a ticketseller called ticketissimo and maybe he has some other tickets he will sell direct and not on ebay.

Also on ebay france are some tickets for the show.

Good luck   ok

/shotgun
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 11:14:54 AM »

here in belgium (and holland too i think) it is unusual to have a credit card if you're like under 30 years old... Every thing we order on the net can also be payed with a bank account, or pay on delivery at the post office!

Like peeing clouds!
conny
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 11:19:52 AM »

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions, I appreciate it. I'll see what I can do...

I really hope they add a real (= headlining) concert in Germany.

Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Cologne, Dortmund, Hannover, Bremen...fantastic concert venues there and they would sell out in 5 minutes and I could be there at reasonable cost and effort. ?Undecided

Why of all places in Germany they are playing that awful Rock am Ring festival..? ?no
lastroots
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 11:20:26 AM »

here in belgium (and holland too i think) it is unusual to have a credit card if you're like under 30 years old... Every thing we order on the net can also be payed with a bank account, or pay on delivery at the post office!

Same in Germany. And I don't even plan on ever getting a credit card.

/lastroots
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: