Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:24:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  OK. I love the new tracks...but I think the old bands style would've been better
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OK. I love the new tracks...but I think the old bands style would've been better  (Read 3290 times)
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 23, 2006, 03:21:46 AM »

Just my opinion.  I love the new tracks (especially IRS) but I think Chinese Domocacy would be far better with the original cast (- any drummer they have ever had)

PS - I hate these opinion threads, but what the hell else do we have to talk about.

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 03:23:02 AM »

That is not an opinion, that's a fact.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 03:24:12 AM »

well, i bet there are sooo many threads covering this comparison that another one is useless  peace  look around and i'm sure you'll find them

Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 03:24:48 AM »

I think that we will be listening to SCOM as the "best" song from GnR for the rest of our life...which isn't that bad.

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 03:26:41 AM »

I don't think it's a fact. For starters we have not heard chinese democracy yet so you can't say it would sound better. And second the new members are great players, most gnr fans have it stuck in there head that the old gnr is better then the new gnr, I personally like the new gnr better. I will always love the old songs and old members but I prefer all the new things that has become the new gnr.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 03:34:28 AM by chinese69illusions » Logged

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 03:26:51 AM »

I respect your opinion though I dont agree. I think Axl moving in a different direction, is more for himself than anything else. He's an artist and wants to grow. He has already made AFD, why would he want to make another?

Plus Im digging the heavier style of the rockers. It really suits Axl's voice.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 03:26:59 AM »

Its called progression. If you want a band that makes the same album over and over again listen to ACDC

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Megaguns
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 03:38:19 AM »

if you want to hear what guns may sound like with the old band, go listen to contraband,
slash will always be remembered for his work in GnR, The public has been so starved for new gnr music that they will take it in whatever form available. If gnr never broke up and released a cd every 2 years or so, i think their sound would have gone stale along time ago.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 03:46:25 AM »

Its called progression. If you want a band that makes the same album over and over again listen to ACDC

You think that if Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven/Matt would still be in Gn'R, Chinese Democracy would sound like AFD? Just like UYI's did? Wink

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Origen
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 03:56:11 AM »

You think that if Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven/Matt would still be in Gn'R, Chinese Democracy would sound like AFD? Just like UYI's did? Wink

Great Point  hihi
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 04:24:13 AM »

If Slash would have decided to stay and follow Axl's vision ?the guitar on these new songs would sound much ?much better. ?Axl would have brought the best out of slash and we would have more ?Estranged and November rain ?kind of solos. ?Many people think that Slash is a musical genius. ?he is not a genius , he was a great guitarist guided by the genius of Axl. ?Slash's solo stuff hasn't been anywhere near as good as what he did with GNR. ?Axl is still an incredible songwriter ?but i feel the new songs lack the guitar work to put the songs over the top. ?I think the only song that has the guitar that resembles gnr is CITR , only problem is that guitarist is brian May ?and not Robin Fink. ?I think Slash is seeing his situation in VR ?and is feeling like his full potential isn't being realized with Mr. Weiland. I think Slash has heard these new songs by GNR ?and has probably said to himself " I could have played some badass riffs on these songs and done the songs justice". ? Axl did say in the 1999 with Kurt Loder that he was taking long to make the album because Slash had left and he was looking for the right guitarist to replace him( I don't exactly remember). ?I think Axl has tried his hardest to bring the best out of these new guitarists and it has taken them a long time to put it together. ?Axl is very demanding and I think he took Slash for granted and thought he could recreate that magic with another guitarist. ? Same goes for Slash ?. ? These 2 bastards need to stop fighting and make truce before they get too old .
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 04:41:52 AM »

that's what they always say... Like if the old members were playing with axl everything would be afd..  Even if they did another album in the style of afd I don't see anything wrong with it.. Normal bands put out albums every few years so similar albums are not a big deal.. I mean why would you want to sound like something that sold 15 million copies and jump started their huge careers.. GNR could have put out 3-4 albums since 91 and at least one could have been a return to rock roots..
badapple81
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 04:49:05 AM »

We wouldn't get to hear this awesome music like Better, if the old line up was still around, period.

Axl had to fight with Slash & Duff to get them to do one of the best GN'R tunes of all time, Estranged.

Just listen to Illegal i Song, Spectacle etc and you can see that the old guys are purely into the old school 'meat and potatos' tunes as Slash calls them. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.. just that their musical paths were heading in different directions therefore this kind of music would never have been made with the old line up.. so you can't really say it would have sounded better.. it would never have existed.
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 04:49:15 AM »

Enuff talk about the old band its done and over with and will never be.  yes

My favorite is Madagascar amazing song specially the way he sings it on MTV VMA's. Better is cool needs a lil work, IRS is cool. TWAT hard to tell at this point. promising.

The new band is fine Finck and Fortus rock! Something will happen this year thank God. All the signs are here. Axl talking and out his cave. All this oversea tour stuff. Tracks Leaking. Axl leaked them gauranteed. They can't keep touring without a CD out especially in the states. Time will tell.

More tracks rumored to pop out like Prostitute. etc. This stuff ain't leaking. Axl or whoever is throwing it out and hoping people like it. Then the final studio version of the song is gonna be even better. The best is yet to come these are teasers. No reason there shouldn't be atleast 3 solid #1 tracks on here that everyone should like.
badapple81
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 04:54:13 AM »

Enuff talk about the old band its done and over with and will never be.? yes

Word to that. Stop guessing what things will sound like etc and move on.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 04:57:59 AM »

We wouldn't get to hear this awesome music like Better, if the old line up was still around, period.

Axl had to fight with Slash & Duff to get them to do one of the best GN'R tunes of all time, Estranged.

Just listen to Illegal i Song, Spectacle etc and you can see that the old guys are purely into the old school 'meat and potatos' tunes as Slash calls them. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.. just that their musical paths were heading in different directions therefore this kind of music would never have been made with the old line up.. so you can't really say it would have sounded better.. it would never have existed.

no one knows for sure, so axl had to beg slash to work on estranged, but just look at how good he eventually made the song..  You never can say anything from their other work on how it would have been.. Why is it so impossible to think a song like Better couldn't have been made? I think anything was possible if they were all together.. They did do the illusions afd n lies together
godiva
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 05:50:54 AM »

To me the problem is that the new songs are, well, new. With the old stuff I have memories of laying on the beach listening to UYI, growing up with those songs, hanging out with friends, singing along to WTTJ. Don't have that with the new stuff (yet), so that makes it difficult to compare the old and the new material. That being said, I do love the new stuff. I think Better is one of the best GNR tracks ever. Would it have been better if the old line-up stuck around? Would we even have had a song like that? Don't think so. Over the years I got used to this 'new band' and believe it or not, I'm really looking forward to seeing them live. Right now, I would rather see this new band live than having a reunion. I must be out of my mind, don't you think?  Wink
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 05:55:35 AM »

To me the problem is that the new songs are, well, new. With the old stuff I have memories of laying on the beach listening to UYI, growing up with those songs, hanging out with friends, singing along to WTTJ.

see that's exactly how I feel.. That was my life as you explain.. Drinking on the beach listening to gnr tunes.. Living the times.. This is more like living the times through the net and hoping for something any where near like the old days. Back in our time with gnr it was a global take over, now it's more me finding things out on the net and that's about it..  Sure I could take the demos n live performances and bring the thing to the beach, but it's not the same..
art vandalay
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 05:57:14 PM »

i dont think it would matter what the band played. with axl's voice he could make anysong sound good
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 11:07:15 AM »

agree with that but if they had continuing together I dont think the direction CD democracy take was completely as Axl wanted to but as izzy/slash and duff wanted to.
Not that it sounds bad CD but that album is gonna be made entire by Axl so if those guys were involve I think CD should've sound different that it sounds now

No man can be my equal
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: