Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:16:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  South Park
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: South Park  (Read 9164 times)
The Dog
Legend

« on: March 23, 2006, 01:25:32 AM »

Oh man, was tonights episode not one of the best shows of 2006....totally hysterical.  Not one moment where I wasn't laughing.  The scene with the police detective in Mr. Mackeys office had me in tears.....and Chef's demise....holy shit I couldn't stop laughing.  Great show.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 04:25:35 AM »

The new episode was really bizarre. I know the story about Isaac Hayes (Chef) leaving because of personal beliefs. They dissed him pretty hard, I think. Some parts were funny, but I think it was a little too harsh. He was with that show a long time and deserves more respect than that.

Evolution
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 08:13:01 AM »

I used to watch it a lot when I was younger.

After tuning into some newer episodes, have to say Butters is pretty funny  hihi
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 08:38:49 AM »

Of all the things they made fun of on South Park, Isaac Hayes gets offended now.  I mean, scientology?  yeah it's a faith. They've made fun of African-Americans a lot too, and that didn't seem to bother him at all.

I used to watch a lot of South Park as a kid... Have to say, the funniest most horrible episode ever is the one with Jared from Subway in it... hahaha  rofl

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 09:02:07 AM »

Of all the things they made fun of on South Park, Isaac Hayes gets offended now.  I mean, scientology?

He's a scientologist, apparently.  They get offended easily.

South Park is just about the best show on telly, dude. ok
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 10:07:15 AM »

The new episode was really bizarre. I know the story about Isaac Hayes (Chef) leaving because of personal beliefs. They dissed him pretty hard, I think. Some parts were funny, but I think it was a little too harsh. He was with that show a long time and deserves more respect than that.

Nah, you missed the point of it I think - they weren't really making fun of Chef, but of Scientology.  They basically said Chef (hayes) was a cool guy and a good friend, but he got brainwashed by this "fruity little club" - and even though hes gone we should remember all the good times they had, and not all the wierd stuff.  The super adventure club origin was a direct parallel to the retarded origins of scientology.

I agree with Danny Top Hat - one of the best shows on TV.

You guys who haven't watched since you were kids....the show has gotten better since the early seasons - its actually quite intelligent.

Evolution
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 10:19:22 AM »

The 1st episode they did of that, with the closet thing was pretty funny.

The whole explanation of their beliefs was crazy. They seriously believe that shite??
anythinggoes
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 11:05:17 AM »

the episode that made me laugh was the paris hilton one where she set up her own shop stupid spoilt whores the scene that made me cry with laughter was when her pet dog walks the length of the limo gets a gun out of the chauffers pocket drags it all the way to the back of the limo and proceeds after a bit of positioning to blow its head off excellent.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 12:02:31 PM »

the episode that made me laugh was the paris hilton one where she set up her own shop stupid spoilt whores the scene that made me cry with laughter was when her pet dog walks the length of the limo gets a gun out of the chauffers pocket drags it all the way to the back of the limo and proceeds after a bit of positioning to blow its head off excellent.

yeah thats a good one - and then she has her photo album of all her pets, and they've all killed themselves hahaha.

the best part of that episode is the "slut off" with paris and Mr. Slave.  I wonder if Paris is still up his ass!??!? hahahha

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 12:07:34 PM »

I don't know why so many people like South Park. Honestly.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 12:56:28 PM »

I like how they pulled the Star Wars Vader angle in the episode.  It was a good idea to do that, so if they want to implement Chef in any future episodes they can do so without Isac Heyes involvment since he has a different vader type voice.  Very smart.

Evolution
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 12:58:07 PM »

The death scene sure was brutal  Cry
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 01:00:12 PM »

That little bitch Tom Cruise has his panties in a bunch over this scientology thing too.  Maybe we'll soon see scientologists rioting throughout the world.....
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 01:37:01 PM »

That little bitch Tom Cruise has his panties in a bunch over this scientology thing too.? Maybe we'll soon see scientologists rioting throughout the world.....

Do scientologists support rioting?   Grin

GNRevolution... the missing link.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 01:49:15 PM »

Nah, you missed the point of it I think - they weren't really making fun of Chef, but of Scientology.  They basically said Chef (hayes) was a cool guy and a good friend, but he got brainwashed by this "fruity little club" - and even though hes gone we should remember all the good times they had, and not all the wierd stuff.  The super adventure club origin was a direct parallel to the retarded origins of scientology.

I agree with Danny Top Hat - one of the best shows on TV.

You guys who haven't watched since you were kids....the show has gotten better since the early seasons - its actually quite intelligent.

Agreed. The entire thing was a slam against the church group.

It should be noted that Issac Hayes made plenty of money making fun of: Whites, blacks, Christians, Gays, Lesbians, retarded kids, Mormons, etc etc. He cashed checks for years making fun of these people. For him to get upset because it is time to laugh at his group is a bit hypocritical to say the least.

He is now saying it was not "his choice" to leave the show. Whatever that means.

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 02:30:57 PM »

the "death" scene was hilarious.

though didnt they revive him as kind of a "darth vader" type thing ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 03:19:50 PM »

Oh man, was tonights episode not one of the best shows of 2006....totally hysterical.? Not one moment where I wasn't laughing.? The scene with the police detective in Mr. Mackeys office had me in tears.....and Chef's demise....holy shit I couldn't stop laughing.? Great show.

I saw it, I don't think they made fun of chef at all, they basically said he was a good guy and he was brainwashed.. They really made the people who were responsible for his actions seem like the assholes
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 03:26:43 PM »

Oh man, was tonights episode not one of the best shows of 2006....totally hysterical.  Not one moment where I wasn't laughing.  The scene with the police detective in Mr. Mackeys office had me in tears.....and Chef's demise....holy shit I couldn't stop laughing.  Great show.
I saw it, I don't think they made fun of chef at all, they basically said he was a good guy and he was brainwashed.. They really made the people who were responsible for his actions seem like the assholes
That's exactly what they were trying to say.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »

the "death" scene was hilarious.

though didnt they revive him as kind of a "darth vader" type thing ?

well they didn't want to waste such a good pedophile
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 04:04:11 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBfQKPAXCwo&search=South%20Park%20Chef%20Death

Poor Chef  haha.

"Oh, a grizzly bear!"

"you think maybe hes still ok?"

hahaha

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »