Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:37:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228097 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Former Guns n' Roses manager Alan Niven speaks!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Former Guns n' Roses manager Alan Niven speaks!  (Read 27395 times)
Sterlingdog
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2006, 02:27:24 AM »

It depends on what kind of person Niven is.  (I don't know anything about him.)  But if he's self-serving, then yes, his motivation is to get into Axl's good graces in order to get some benefit from it.

Or he could be someone who genuinely cares about the original GNR members and didn't like an "outsider" critcizing someone who he deeply admires.  Especially an outsider who he considers inferior in talent.

Either one could be true, just depends on if you want to think the best of the guy or the worst.  Unless someone here actually knows what kind of person he is and could explain him to the rest of us.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2006, 02:31:14 AM »

I wouldnt say Scott Weiland is a bad artist.. i fell in love with the "thank you" album (greatest hits) this summer.. and ive got to say each one on that CD is good.. i mean its no GNR.. but its up there with my top 10 bands of the 90's... They were good.. but like i said, compare their greatest hits to one GNR record.. and GNR wins.. because it was VERY odd to see a song you dont like on AFD LIES or UYI...

Even the fillers compare to STP's best songs...

STP was good.. but frankly GNR is about 10 levels above them...

Scotts a good artist.. person.. well.. im not into him as much as i am axl to say.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2006, 02:40:11 AM »

Slash's rebuttal to Alan Niven:

LOL

And here I thought there wouldn't be anything of benefit in this thread  hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
badapple81
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2006, 03:18:52 AM »

Crazy Bitch is better than anything STP has ever done?

Dude u need to stop suckin on that crack pipe honestly.

Ok on topic

I think Alan NIven is seeing dollar signs and wants to be involved in a GNR reunion so maybe he can get a piece of the pie.
money usually is what drives parasites like this guy.

I don't think so, it's very evident a reunion is not going to happen now these tour dates have been announced, and especially after the recent press releases etc.
Origen
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2006, 03:36:34 AM »

He hasn't the best GnR manager, alot of people had problems with him that's why they brought in Doug Goldstein.

It's ironic, I guarnantee that ChineseBlues would of called Alan Niven a piece of shit or called the interview fake if he had of bad mouthed Axl, but because Axl came off the best it's all ok.
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2006, 04:13:59 AM »

Hmm, it's obvious his alliegiance still lies with Axl. But he should probably know by now that Guns N' Roses are moving ahead without Slash and Duff. Whether they rejoin or not remains to be seen but I think they will after Chinese Democracy.

There's not anymore that I can do...
badapple81
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2006, 04:18:54 AM »

Hmm, it's obvious his alliegiance still lies with Axl. But he should probably know by now that Guns N' Roses are moving ahead without Slash and Duff. Whether they rejoin or not remains to be seen but I think they will after Chinese Democracy.

I think the day a Guns N' Roses album is released under the new line up, is the day a reunion is gone forever.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2006, 04:24:56 AM »

I think the day a Guns N' Roses album is released under the new line up, is the day a reunion is gone forever.
Could that possible be the reason for the long hold out?Huh?? I guess maybe we will never know?

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2006, 04:33:18 AM »

Perhaps. But maybe Slash and Duff see the success that it 'might' get and want back in on what they once had. How much money would be thrown at these guys to reunite? The original 5 piece classic line up. Even if for just one show and they played an Appetite For Destruction set. How rockin' would that be!?

There's not anymore that I can do...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2006, 04:37:55 AM »

think the man dislikes scott hihi
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2006, 04:43:38 AM »

"Floral Artillery"

Best. Tribute band. Name. Ever.

SG
badapple81
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2006, 04:44:20 AM »

FOR THE RECORD, MR ROSE WROTE THE MAJORITY OF THE MELODIES AND LYRICS ON THE GUNS RECORDS, WHICH INCLUDE THE BEST SELLING ROCK DEBUT OF OUR TIMES, WITH 16,000,000 SOLD IN THE UNITED STATES ALONE

Interesting to hear confirmation of something which has been of much debate, from a first hand witness.
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2006, 04:44:50 AM »

I think we can start to add a few things up at this stage. ?No denials from slash, no denials from duff, only duff and matt in studio at that moment according to matts site, axl says slash called to the house, slash was in LA at end of oct..look at his diary online, slash say he knows album is coming out, slashs mgt split from rest of VR a while back, dizzy and tommy talking about the 8 guys in the band in interviews since mid 2005 when surely there was only 7, slashes mate Ross Halfin states reunion as such on his site and regularly meets up with slash as a friend! he would know, GNR need a replacement guitarist, weiland writing books, solo albums and joining camp freddy as fulltime member, weiland say "dont call duff spineless" no mention of slashes involvement or denial he was axls house, the GNR logo amended to included the "guns and roses entwined", slashes design from the early days, and now Alan Nivan as industry figure who has been involved with both bands is pointing that direction. ?

The only thing that goes against all of this is axls slagging of slash in the press release. ?Maybe he was to join GNR back two months ago and something happened, now slash at war on two fronts. ?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 04:49:32 AM by mesaboogie » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2006, 04:46:29 AM »

so are you saying at rio the opening riff to jungle will be slash Cheesy
badapple81
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2006, 04:55:44 AM »

Of course it won't, it's never going to happen.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2006, 05:23:37 AM »

Then again, I thought Roger Waters and David Gilmour would never, ever play together again. They parted ways in very bad terms in 1981.

Then on July 2, 2005, they played again together on the same stage...

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2006, 05:53:03 AM »

We will see what happens, but for the moment, lips scalled for me. Nothing is impossible, but it's still too soon to speak about that, especially on International GNR message boards like this one. If "something" really happens, you'll know it when it's official.
In the meantime, lips scalled.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2006, 06:10:05 AM »

You mean sealed lips or lips are sealed? Wink

The rumor has been out there anyway for a while about Slash coming back. But it is just what it is: a rumor, unless someone actually involved (meaning: any current GN'R member or Slash) says otherwise.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2006, 06:20:29 AM »

yeah lol, sorry for my English sometimes it's du nimporte nawak hihi

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
shaun
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2006, 06:55:51 AM »

Slash hasn't spoken up and on the VR front all i ever read is Duff's and Matt Sorum's quotes. The 2nd VR album sounds like a Duff and Matt Sorum album. Slash appears to have no input and Scott, whats he doing. Also, all this talk of having too many songs to choose from, all sounds like BS.

Sounds like they are trying to be like the new GnR (Axl+Co.):
Matt posted about working on new songs for the VR album: "Had a great day in Drac Studios today working with Duff on some songs. We are coming up with some breakthrough stuff. I'm getting excited. One song sounds like a cross between Zeppelin and Prince. Duff loves Prince. Great riff for Slash. Today we did one that is very heavy with a sick groove. With some synth keyboard part. A la a band called Refused.

Blabbermouth published another quote from Launch's March 10 interview with Duff. This time, Duff speaks about working on the new album: "It's real close, you know," he said. "The thing is, we always have way too much material, so it's probably more a matter of just like picking the right ones. It's a quality problem. This second record will be just an exploration, as opposed to like, 'Let's crush it and put it out,' it's gonna be exploration and I think people will really dig it."
...or maybe not dig it:  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: