Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:27:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228097 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Former Guns n' Roses manager Alan Niven speaks!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Former Guns n' Roses manager Alan Niven speaks!  (Read 27381 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2006, 11:15:50 PM »

Ok, someone here will probably remember what I'm talking about...the article might even be on the site.

But years ago I remember reading an interview with Axl when he talked about the departure of Izzy.  He said Izzy was basically enticed into leaving by a former manager, and that manager was trying to go behind Axl's back and get the rest to leave Axl too.  He felt very betrayed  by both Izzy and that manager.  Is this Alan Niven the guy he was talking about?

If so, it sounds like he likes Axl alot more than Axl likes him. 

yes it's the same manager.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2006, 11:23:55 PM »

A very good read! Thanks for passing it along! I wonder if he was shouting the whole time during the interview or someones caps lock was on?

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2006, 11:33:52 PM »

Slash's rebuttal to Alan Niven:

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2006, 11:34:15 PM »

Ok, someone here will probably remember what I'm talking about...the article might even be on the site.

But years ago I remember reading an interview with Axl when he talked about the departure of Izzy.? He said Izzy was basically enticed into leaving by a former manager, and that manager was trying to go behind Axl's back and get the rest to leave Axl too.? He felt very betrayed? by both Izzy and that manager.? Is this Alan Niven the guy he was talking about?

If so, it sounds like he likes Axl alot more than Axl likes him.?

yes it's the same manager.

I also think, Axl knew how significant Izzy's departure was, and was subsequently quite paranoid at that time. ?Niven may have had a falling out with the band, and may have said some shit, but never would have tried to break the band up or entice the others to leave Axl. ?He was no dumby, and there was no doubt then, as there is no doubt now, Axl was the biggest star, amongst big stars in GNR.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2006, 11:42:39 PM »

Is this 100% legit?  If so, wow, pretty interesting.  We can bitch and moan all we want, but this is someone who has seen the behind the scenes stuff, so their opinion carrys a lot more weight then some dudes on a message forum.  Who knows what his motives might be, but you still can't deny the power of the source.

Sounds like Scott's cred is under fire.

oh, Josh Todd rules btw hehe  ok

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Sterlingdog
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2006, 11:45:44 PM »

I also think, Axl knew how significant Izzy's departure was, and was subsequently quite paranoid at that time.  Niven may have had a falling out with the band, and may have said some shit, but never would have tried to break the band up or entice the others to leave Axl.  He was no dumby, and there was no doubt then, as there is no doubt now, Axl was the biggest star, amongst big stars in GNR.

I found the article, it is on this site.  And I did have it mixed up a bit.  While Axl was mad at Izzy for going with Alan Niven, he actually said it was Izzy that called the other band members to turn them against him, not Niven.  But he clearly didn't like Niven, at least not back then. 
RichardNixon
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2006, 12:02:47 AM »

CATEGORICALLY, SLASH IS UTTERLY ACCURATE - MR WEILLAND IS, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, A CLUELESS POSTURING FRAUD, OF NO PARTICULAR OR OBVIOUS ABILITIES, INCLUDING, AND MOST APPARENTLY, COMPOSITION. THE BAND IS A THOROUGH WASTE OF A TRULY GREAT GUITAR PLAYER AND TERRIFIC RHYTHM SECTION. [THEIR OUTPUT HAS BEEN ENTIRELY FORGETTABLE AND ONE DIMENSIONAL].

That part hardly seems fair. For one thing, we don't know for sure what came out of Slash's mouth w/regard to Weiland. And the "PARTICULAR OR OBVIOUS ABILITIES" is just bullshit. The dude should listen to the outstanding "12 Bar Blues."

Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2006, 12:31:50 AM »

The dude should listen to the outstanding "12 Bar Blues."

Sorry, I have to say it, that album sucks cocks in hell.  I just wonder what Niven's motivation is, regarding all of this.
RichardNixon
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2006, 12:35:52 AM »

The dude should listen to the outstanding "12 Bar Blues."

Sorry, I have to say it, that album sucks cocks in hell.? I just wonder what Niven's motivation is, regarding all of this.

To each his own, but that album is a favorite of mine.

As for motivation? Maybe he wants his piece of the pie should a reunion take place.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2006, 12:38:27 AM »

If this is even real.. Eh whatever tho.. Im sick of the bullshit and just want some damn music.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2006, 12:41:07 AM »

So I guess Niven backs Axls story, and maybe slash told Alan that Scott is a fraud too

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2006, 12:46:31 AM »

I love Velvet but they should have gone with Buckcherry's singer.
I agree, josh todd kicks ass.  they wanted the name that came with weiland.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2006, 12:54:01 AM »

He better write the majority of the lyrics and melodies... Thats what a singer is suppose to fucking do. I don't get why he's trying to make it look like Axl preformed some great duty. Scott is a fucking homo though... I love Velvet but they should have gone with Buckcherry's singer.

Name one fuckin thing Josh Todd has ever done.

Scott Weiland shits all over Josh Todd or Sebastian Bach.

As soon as someone assassinates someone's talent, i immediately disreguard anything they say.

If u dont like Scott........ Fine

If u think he is a fag........ Fine

but no one can sit here and try to say that man does not have fuckin talent.

that statement is ridiculous and removes all credibility from anyone who says such a stupid fuckin thing.

"Stupid Bitch" yeah thats a real winner of a song, Buckcherry are soooooo fuckin lame seriously.

Scott's worst song is better than that piece of garbage.

I'll tell you what josh todd has done. 2/3 fucking amazing albums with buckcherry. I just saw them a couple weeks ago and they blew the fucking roof off. The last of the real front men. His vocals blow scott away anyday, and his melodies are way more authentic than scott. Just because buckcherry didn't sell a million records doesn't mean josh can't wipe the stage clean with scott's melodramatic bullshit.

The truth is Slash and duff went with scott because it equalled more records.... same with sebastion or todd kerns. Anyone of those guys wipes the floor with scott. but scott has a huge name and druggy high profile persona... which sells records.

His creative contributions are cool... but not great by any means

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2006, 02:04:00 AM »

He better write the majority of the lyrics and melodies... Thats what a singer is suppose to fucking do. I don't get why he's trying to make it look like Axl preformed some great duty. Scott is a fucking homo though... I love Velvet but they should have gone with Buckcherry's singer.

Name one fuckin thing Josh Todd has ever done.

Scott Weiland shits all over Josh Todd or Sebastian Bach.

As soon as someone assassinates someone's talent, i immediately disreguard anything they say.

If u dont like Scott........ Fine

If u think he is a fag........ Fine

but no one can sit here and try to say that man does not have fuckin talent.

that statement is ridiculous and removes all credibility from anyone who says such a stupid fuckin thing.

"Stupid Bitch" yeah thats a real winner of a song, Buckcherry are soooooo fuckin lame seriously.

Scott's worst song is better than that piece of garbage.

I'll tell you what josh todd has done. 2/3 fucking amazing albums with buckcherry. I just saw them a couple weeks ago and they blew the fucking roof off. The last of the real front men. His vocals blow scott away anyday, and his melodies are way more authentic than scott. Just because buckcherry didn't sell a million records doesn't mean josh can't wipe the stage clean with scott's melodramatic bullshit.

The truth is Slash and duff went with scott because it equalled more records.... same with sebastion or todd kerns. Anyone of those guys wipes the floor with scott. but scott has a huge name and druggy high profile persona... which sells records.

His creative contributions are cool... but not great by any means

Well in Scott's defence, he recorded 5 amazing STP albums plus (from what I hear) a great solo album, so sorry, Scott wins over Josh! hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
McDuff
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2006, 02:10:39 AM »

Slash, not wanting to stir the pot anymore (like Duff), may respond with silence.

That is a very patronizing view of Slash's silence. I don't really think that can be assumed at this point. Axl made his statement; if he is mistaken or in fact lied, then Slash needs to respond.

Slash doesn't have to respond if he doesn't want to  peace

And I don't have to believe that Axl Rose lied about the encounter  peace

well we can all believe what we want,but anyway it still doesn't make sense to me at all why first Axl says that he hasn't talked to Slash in 10 years and then says that Slash showed up at his house  smoking
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2006, 02:14:35 AM »

Slash, not wanting to stir the pot anymore (like Duff), may respond with silence.

That is a very patronizing view of Slash's silence. I don't really think that can be assumed at this point. Axl made his statement; if he is mistaken or in fact lied, then Slash needs to respond.

Slash doesn't have to respond if he doesn't want to? peace

And I don't have to believe that Axl Rose lied about the encounter? peace

well we can all believe what we want,but anyway it still doesn't make sense to me at all why first Axl says that he hasn't talked to Slash in 10 years and then says that Slash showed up at his house? smoking

That has been answered. Axl was at a party and just blew off the question, he did not want to get into it and open a can of worms.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2006, 02:16:45 AM »

Well.. when theres nobody else that will understnad you.. ol' uncle axl is there!

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2006, 02:18:16 AM »

Slash doesn't have to respond if he doesn't want to  peace

And I don't have to believe that Axl Rose lied about the encounter  peace

well we can all believe what we want,but anyway it still doesn't make sense to me at all why first Axl says that he hasn't talked to Slash in 10 years and then says that Slash showed up at his house  smoking

This is off topic but if you recall, Axl was approached by the RS reporter while trying  enjoying himself at a party. My best guess is that he didn't want to draw the  heat that would no doubt result if he revealed the encounter (assuming it is true) to the reporter. Perhaps Axl felt that Slash deserved to have the encounter kept in secret as they were trying to build some kind of bridge between them. It was simply easier to deny any contact than open the proverbial can of worms.

As Axl said in his press release, they had come to some sort of understanding at that point in which Axl was waiting for some benevolent action on the part of Slash. When none was forthcoming, he lowered the boom and went ahead with his countersuit.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2006, 02:21:04 AM »

if the letter is true i think niven is tryin to kiss axl's ass so in the chance of a reunion he'll get a piece of the pie

gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2006, 02:22:48 AM »

somneone just said that.. lol... but i think hes trying to justify what axls saying.. its about time someone stood up for axl.. hes been shit on by the press for years now...

Imagine Slash and Axl Re-United... seeing those two leaning against eachother, slash playig his guitar and axl singing at the top of his lungs... wow... would that be a sight to see again..

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: