Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:30:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did you notice... the GN'R video breakdown thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you notice... the GN'R video breakdown thread  (Read 17105 times)
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2004, 02:09:57 PM »

I have a question! In the Dead Horse video, what does the Tshirt that is censored say? Anyone know?

I always thought it was "axl fuck me."  Just a guess really.  Anyone wonder why WTTV still has this censored?

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2004, 03:02:13 PM »

in the vid for LIVE AND LET DIE towards the end, you notice a milk carton that eventually disappears, its says MISSING and a picture of IZZY. You can see in ESTRANGED i think when AXLS walking down sunset, you can see the DONT CRY vid in the back ground when AXL is drowning with that chick. IT IS NOT SLASH playing on the ESTRANGED solo in the water, on the "makin' fuckin' videos slash actually see's the stunt double, you can really tell if you watch closely anyway, the dudes bigger or fatter slightly and he cant even play the guitar, you can just tell.
I think its funny how DUFF is always saving AXLS arse and on the SINCE I DONT HAVE YOU vid he's just kicking back smokeing kissin' that chick and at the end when SLASH throws his guitar pick,its like he's saying catcha later, im laying down my guns. ok

from what i remember of that making of vid
they had a stunt double but i thought slash decided to do the stunt himself and axl commented about it by saying something ike it meant alot that slash did the stunt himself or something like that

i always thought the double was a joke... you can clarely see slash didnt know of it and was laughing his ass off...

anyway, i am going to watch making of estranged again sometime today/tommorow.. but i think it was slash and they didnt lower him all the way under the water, just to the shoulders....  ok

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2004, 03:17:25 PM »

OMG! This thread rocks!!!!!!
 beer

Axl's was such a cute kiddie on the LIVE AND LET DIE video!
SINCE I DON'T HAVE YOU and THE GARDEN are probably the worst vids!

What does DUFF say to the girl when him and SLASH are walkin down the  street in the PARADISE CITY vid?

What does LAMF stand for on the YESTERDAYS video?

I didn't know about the SLASH double- WOW!

What does the sign say which the girl holds on the PARADISE CITY video?

Who is that dudie that runs into the wedding cake- NOVEMBER RAIN video? And what is the point?

Keep it up you guys!  Kiss

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2004, 03:21:58 PM »

LAMF = Los Angeles Mother Fuckers?

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2004, 03:53:01 PM »

Who is that dudie that runs into the wedding cake- NOVEMBER RAIN video? And what is the point?

He slips on the bouquet..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2004, 04:29:57 PM »

What does LAMF stand for on the YESTERDAYS video?

Probably "Like A Motherfucker".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2004, 05:11:06 PM »

Can i change the direction of the thread slightly and discuss the simeology in the November Rain bit.

Ie, how did Stephanie die? Why did she die? Does the wine spilt on the table signift blood?

There was a thread about this previously perhaps on the last incarnation of this board and i always liked hearing peoples views on the topic.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2004, 05:19:20 PM »

Can i change the direction of the thread slightly and discuss the simeology in the November Rain bit.

Ie, how did Stephanie die? Why did she die? Does the wine spilt on the table signift blood?

There was a thread about this previously perhaps on the last incarnation of this board and i always liked hearing peoples views on the topic.

No you can't!

This isn't for questions about the Without You story / November Rain video.

Go watch your videos and come back when you have found five interesting things.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2004, 05:24:01 PM »

There packed in a box somehwere...bite me...

Ok....

Gary Oldman is my dad!

Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2004, 05:49:51 PM »

I might be wrong but take a look at the background of Yesterdays set and then at Garden of Eden set:

They were shot at the same place/day/director but with different type of cameras/clothing/angles/instrument positions/ one is BW, the other is in color.

Agree?

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
badapple81
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2004, 07:43:19 PM »

I have a question! In the Dead Horse video, what does the Tshirt that is censored say? Anyone know?

I always thought it was "axl fuck me."  Just a guess really.  Anyone wonder why WTTV still has this censored?

Doesnt it say.. "St Louis Sucks"? Or is that a seperate t-shirt we are talkin about?

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2004, 11:31:16 PM »

hey man, thanks. It may say "Axl Fuck Me".....

Yah, Axl is wearing a St. Lous Sucks tshirt, but that's not censored. I mean the shirt or banner or something Axl is carrying across the front of the stage. It is blurred out.

Yah, LAMF means "Like a Motherfucker". Which Duff says in You Can't Wrap Your Arms Around a Memory. LAMF was the title of a Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers album.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2004, 12:50:30 PM »

Wow! This is a great topic! I'm planning on making my own 'GN'R videos' website that would basically detail every video clip, including the varients etc and hopfully upload the ones the were never made officially available, so all these facts etc would come in very usful!

I'm pretty sure I've seen two different versions of the You Could Be Mine video fairly recently - basically one of them has more clips from T2, notably at the beginning. This video still gets shown a lot on UK music TV channels - especially Q and Karrang.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 12:53:35 PM by DazRose01 » Logged

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
badapple81
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2004, 07:52:47 PM »

hey man, thanks. It may say "Axl Fuck Me".....

Yah, Axl is wearing a St. Lous Sucks tshirt, but that's not censored. I mean the shirt or banner or something Axl is carrying across the front of the stage. It is blurred out.

Yah, LAMF means "Like a Motherfucker". Which Duff says in You Can't Wrap Your Arms Around a Memory. LAMF was the title of a Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers album.

Could it have been a shot from the Paris 92 show.. I remember Axl calls out for Slash's attention and shows him the "Axl FucK Me" shirt.. maybe its a shot from when he first got the shirt and was walking with it back to the stage.. I forgot the Dead Horse vid
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2004, 03:35:18 PM »

I'm bumping this because there's nothing going on in the GN'R world.

Maybe more people want to contribute.

/jarmo

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2004, 04:25:06 PM »

Anyone ever noticed that in the video of Deadhorse Axl wears a helmet-cam? It's realy cool coz you can see him running and stuff from his own perspective.  Smiley

09.17.92 - Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO
opening act: Body Count

set: Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Attitude, Bad Obsession, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds / Wild Horses [Intro] / Patience, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, It's Alright [Intro] / November Rain, The One [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Mother [Intro] / Paradise City

audio/video recording?: audio, video

notes: GN'R's first show in Missouri since the infamous St. Louis riot (7.2.91). Before 'Mr. Brownstone,' Axl tells the crowd he'll be wearing a helmet-cam on his head throughout the show because he is filming a video! Before 'Double Talkin' Jive,' the band jams on a bluesy version of the Atlanta Braves 'Tomohawk Chop Chant.' The chant had been considered by many to be racist as there was a huge public outcry at the time, but Axl and the band disagreed so that is why they played it. Before 'Patience,' Axl introduces Gilby as ?Mr. Keith Partridge!? Axl goes on a huge tirade against St. Louis and dedicates 'Out Ta Get Me' to the city! During 'Mother,' Axl says ?Thank you for being awesome tonight, we love you!?

There is a video of the show! (Audience shot from rear right balcony with some screen shots/ Source: gnrontour.com)  

« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 04:32:12 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2004, 12:03:48 AM »

I might be wrong but take a look at the background of Yesterdays set and then at Garden of Eden set:

They were shot at the same place/day/director but with different type of cameras/clothing/angles/instrument positions/ one is BW, the other is in color.

Agree?

Your  right Yesterdays and and Garden of Eden where in fact shot back to back!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2004, 04:47:04 PM »

Agree?

Your  right Yesterdays and and Garden of Eden where in fact shot back to back!
Well seems like I learn somthing new every day
braincake
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2004, 02:31:34 AM »

hi guys, i'm new the board... i;'ve been a gnr fan for a while but there are things i never thought to research online... like the November Rain video, Erin being in 'Sweet Child...' video, etc.   Really interesting information.  I was wondering if anybody had any more trivia that nobody else knew about the past members?  I was particularly interested in videos but I'd love any juicy bits.  Is that baby in 'Estranged' somebody's?  And am i fucking blind or is that the same woman being used for Gilby, Duff, and Matt in the 'Since I Don't Have You' video, but not for Dizzy?
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2004, 02:49:13 AM »

Welcome to the board...enjoy your stay....

I think the guy trying to sell Axl drugs just after he got off the bus in the WTTJ video is Izzy....never confirmed that though.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: