Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:05:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did you notice... the GN'R video breakdown thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you notice... the GN'R video breakdown thread  (Read 15309 times)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2005, 05:36:02 AM »

What has been buggin' me lately, is that I can't seem to figure out what video it is where Axl sticks out his tongue on a closeup shot, where the camera is right in his face  confused

That's Garden of Eden.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2005, 08:43:45 AM »

Garden Of Eden

Look at the two dancers at the back.. They get little tired in the end hihi

Since I Dont Have You

So.. what is this about?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 08:47:47 AM by kaasu » Logged

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2005, 09:04:27 AM »

What has been buggin' me lately, is that I can't seem to figure out what video it is where Axl sticks out his tongue on a closeup shot, where the camera is right in his face? confused

That's Garden of Eden.

About the garden of eden the way they got that effect on the video, they used a strobe light and when they played it back they cut out all the dark parts and use just the ones where the light was on, thus you get that choppy effect.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
armstrong
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2005, 09:25:59 AM »

Its so easy video:

Interesting fact : Erin Everly was fucking hot.......yummmmmmmmmmm

where can i get this vid
i know it was banned
but i have never seen the orginal just the live era one

I don't think the video was banned because IIRC ?Axl wasn't going out with Erin Everly when I came time to release the vid and he didn't want it released. I read that in an interview somewhere. The only copy I have seen of it though is off a shitty 20th generation copy (almost unwatchable)

Axl tried to stop copies of that vid circulating when his abuse cases came to court.

Estranged:

It's not actually slash that is in the walking on water guitar solo bit.

You Could Be Mine:

The club is the roxy.

Live and Let Die:

The kid at the begining is Axl.

Paradise City:

The reason Axl and Izzy don't appear in the non live stuff is because they were off getting high.

Garden Of Eden:

Teddy Zig-Zag and Dizzy are headbanging in the background.

it was the ritz yaya yes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2005, 09:39:37 AM »

The live performance footage is from the Ritz in New York City, but the shots of Arnold Schwarzenegger aren't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2005, 10:01:22 AM »

correct me if i am wrong

The building used in WTTJ is the sames one used in The Executioners Its Going Down (with that bloke from Linkin Park and the guiarist from Static X  smoking
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2005, 03:32:41 AM »

Why YCBM is not on Welcome To The Videos?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2005, 07:50:09 AM »

Probably because it has scenes from a movie in it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2005, 09:02:44 AM »

Probably because it has scenes from a movie in it.

/jarmo

Yeah that's what I think too. But it's a nice video anyway  yes

BEEP.
Philly Guns
Opening Act

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2005, 04:19:36 AM »

November Rain and Las Vegas 2001 comparasion

anyone notice the blue jacket he wears at the wedding party looks like the jacket he wears at the Las Vegas show in 2001.
Eric
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2006, 11:03:27 AM »

Does anyone remember Andy Morhan (I think that's his name) in vh1 a few years back in so many words ripping on Axl? I think it was about the change in the storyline from Nov. rain to estranged-Andy looked much heavier-I know if you watch the making of estranged you can see a lot of people frustrated working on it-I still thought it was a good video.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2006, 02:09:08 PM »

Does anyone remember Andy Morhan (I think that's his name) in vh1 a few years back in so many words ripping on Axl? I think it was about the change in the storyline from Nov. rain to estranged-Andy looked much heavier-I know if you watch the making of estranged you can see a lot of people frustrated working on it-I still thought it was a good video.

Speaking of 'Makin Of...', where can you get them?Can't find them Sad

shit happens when you party naked
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2006, 02:13:31 PM »

i downloaded them via emule if i remember correctly....   you should find them on file sharing programms...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Origen
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2006, 02:17:14 PM »

He didn't "rip" Axl. He said the videos just didn't make sence to him, and to be fair to him not many people do actually understand what the videos are about.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2006, 02:20:03 PM »

i downloaded them via emule if i remember correctly....? ?you should find them on file sharing programms...

Ok... ok
I can't find them on DC++ at the moment Tongue
Have to wait till tomorrow i think...

shit happens when you party naked
gnrfresh
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2006, 02:47:22 PM »

I've always wondered if Gary Oldman is in the Since I Dont Have You Video?

If its not him its a definate lookalike!
Origen
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2006, 02:56:28 PM »

I Don't Care About you:
Does The Video Exist ?

Gary Oldman: Who featured in the "Since I Don't have You" Is Big Mo's little Brother (Eastenders actress, UK)

Personal Extra's:

Earl: Appears in the "You Could Be Mine" "November Rain" & "Estranged" Videos.

Robert John: Near the end of the Intro there is a behind shot of Slash with Axl walking towards him, there is a photographer taken the photo in the background which is most likely Robert John.

Suzy London: Ax's therapist is his real therapist who featured in the "Don't Cry" video.

Amy Bailey: Axl's Sister appears in the "Noverber Rain" video (As Stephanie's bridesmaid) & "Estranged"

Stuart Bailey: Reported to be seen in the Estranged video walking out the house.

Beta: Reported to be seen in the Estranged video walking out the house.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 03:00:29 PM by Origen » Logged
Origen
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2006, 03:14:44 PM »

November Rain and Las Vegas 2001 comparasion

anyone notice the blue jacket he wears at the wedding party looks like the jacket he wears at the Las Vegas show in 2001.

Wow I never noticed that, you may be right. If he wore the red jacket at a 2002 show then why not the blue jacket at a 2001 show.

Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2006, 03:56:13 PM »

the garden of eden video was filmed on the same day as Yesterdays
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2006, 05:01:31 PM »

What has been buggin' me lately, is that I can't seem to figure out what video it is where Axl sticks out his tongue on a closeup shot, where the camera is right in his face? confused

That's Garden of Eden.

About the garden of eden the way they got that effect on the video, they used a strobe light and when they played it back they cut out all the dark parts and use just the ones where the light was on, thus you get that choppy effect.

I always wondered about this vid--so the speed of the vid isn't tampered w/?? I always thought they double timed it or something, bc it looks like Axl isn't singing along w/ the words...but you say it has to do w/ the strobe lights?? hmmm thanks for the info

SCOM:
You can't really see Slash's face ever--when he's playing guitar his face is really covered up by his curls.? The only shot of him outside the "stage" is the shot of his hand grazing his girfriend's butt whose wearing a black tight mini.
Judging from photos (from a mag), Axl & co had a lot of makeup on for this vid (Axl looks like a china doll almost--although he does have naturally beautiful skin)

WTTJ:
the scene where Slash is in front of the tvs/stores, he is passed out and doesn't remember much from that shot
the only girl they could get for that vid was Steven's girlfriend--the one he licks her shoulder
according to Nigel Dick (director) Axl wanted to have his hair huge and teased and then never ever have it like that again

NR:
I know this was mentioned in another thread, but just so you know...Andy (director) said that the graveyard scene, the funeral is shot during the day, then Axl returns in the night bc he went to the dentist that day and couldn't make the shot

Dont Cry:
Axl is actually nude when he's painted green (if you have the making of the vids, and you freeze frame this scene, you can sort of make out his bits in the shadows if you cross your eyes and stick out your tounge Wink? )---my fav Axl moment of all time
Brightney (wrong spp) the blonde girl who goes pshyco in the car w/ Slash is/was a model and this scene was losely based on Slash's expeirence w/ a young girl at one time...
the brunette model w/ Duff in the hallway of the stadium is an actress who appeared on one episode of Fraiser, and the bottle she wips at Duff was real glass.? Duff was surprised to hear it was real glass!? Smiley

Patience:
the scence where Axl stomps on the oh-so-stylish neon phone looks like a prop (the close up shot)..and I bet it is (very stiff leg)

Dead horse:
Axl eats a banana thrown from the crowd (I think, right?)

« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 09:32:29 PM by Bad_Apple » Logged

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: