Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:59:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did you notice... the GN'R video breakdown thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you notice... the GN'R video breakdown thread  (Read 15306 times)
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2005, 09:01:21 AM »

fuckin sad.....

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2005, 02:59:21 PM »

Video: Estranged (5:05)

Axl wears a 'Deep' Purple shirt in/before the limo part.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2005, 10:45:32 PM »

boromir, you are correct. Many years ago, I read a Slash interview and he said how Izzy didn't show up for that segment of the video, and it was basically the end of the Izzy era. I will always be a huge Izzy fan, but I hate how he left the band at such a strange point in time. You can understand why there is so much animosity between Axl and Izzy. Axl seen the move as somewhat of a betrayal. I agree. Axl kind of throws it in his face in the first couple of videos on Illusions. The 'Where's Izzy' sign in Dont Cry, and the 'Izzy missing' milkcarton on Live and let Die video.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2005, 03:34:25 PM »

I think that animosity died rather quickly though.  In the video for Yesterdays they show tons of pictures with Izzy.  That's a great song, and video...but its tough to watch.  Looking at pictures of them so young and seemingly happy with each other.  That's what we need to do!  We need to lock Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steve in a room with a TV and just play that video.  They'd be hugging and planning a reunion in no time.  Who's with me?  I've got nothing to do tomorow.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Dash_X
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2005, 06:00:51 PM »

Sweet Child O' Mine [Alt. Version] (Dir. Nigel Dick)
Edited from unused/alternate footage from Nigel Dick's standard SCOM video (shot at the Ballroom, Huntington Park, CA 1988). This was never officially released by Geffen.

It's So Easy (Dir. Nigel Dick)
Unreleased, bootlegs of a rough cut are easily available. Shot at The Cathouse (owned by Headbanger's Ball host Riki Rachman), in LA on 10th and 11th of October 1989. The video notably features Axl's ex-wife Erin Everly.

Welcome To The Jungle [MTV VMAs 88] (Dir. unknown)
Occasionally used as a music video (notably on MTV2 UK). It is the live performance of WTTJ at the MTV Video Music Awards 1988, also that night they won Best New Artist Award for Nigel Dick's WTTJ video. This has also appeared on the home video 'MTV Select Performances (1995)' 

You Could Be Mine (Dir. Andy Morohan/James Cameron)
Live footage filmed at The Ritz, NY on the 16th of May 1991 mixed with footage from the 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' trailer. At the end Arnold Schwarzenegger makes an appearence with the band as The Terminator, during this sequence Izzy is missing, although he does appear in the live footage. The reason why YCBM was left off of 'Welocme To the Videos' is unclear (getting clearence for the T2 footage?), however it was most probably due to Arnold Schwarzenegger - he is notorious for asking for unreasonable fees for these kind of video or dvd appearances.

Don't Cry [Alt. Lyrics] (Dir. Andy Morohan)
Never officially released. Edited from unused/alternate rooftop footage from Andy Morohan's Don't Cry [original] video. In Making F@*!in Videos Pt. I, Axl notes that when the band played the new Alternative Lyrics version of Don't Cry during the filming, the band completely cut loose, this is some of the footage. Shannon Hoon appears a back-up vocalist. 

Live And Let Die [Live] (Dir. unknown)
Live performance from GNR's gig at Wembly Stadium on the 31st August 1991. This was shown during MTV Video Music Awards 1991 via satellite, due to this it is occasionally used as a music video.

Civil War [Live] (Dir. unknown)
From Tokyo, Japan, 22nd Feb 1992, it is part of the Use Your Illusion I & II home videos.

Yesterdays [Live] (Dir. unknown)
Live performance from Las Vegas, 25th January 1992. It was also shown on the 1992 American Music Awards. Audio from this performance was used as a B-Side, and eventually on the Live Era '87-'93 CDs)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door [Live] (Dir. David Mallet)
Performance from 'The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert' at Wembley Stadium, April 20th 1992.

Garden Of Eden [Alt. Version] (Dir. Andy Morohan)
This is an alternate take of the one-take Garden Of Eden video. Easily found on the internet (notably http://music.yahoo.com/musicvideos/). This version does not have the lyrics at the bottom of the screen. Also a wind machine is used, and shredded paper is thrown at the band, due to this it has become known as 'Garden Of Eden w/ Paper'

I Don't Care About You (Dir. August Jakobsson)
It is unknown if this video actually exists (most probably not). It is listed as being from late 1993, and being directed by August Jakobsson who directed the videos for  Duff's 'Believe In Me' and Slash's Snakepit's 'Good To Be Alive'.

Welcome To The Jungle [Live Era '87 - '91] (Dir. Jeff Richter)
Promo for the Live Era '87 - '91 CDs, mirrors Nigel Dick's original WWTJ video by using news footage of various street riots/war correspondence (and curiously Bill Clinton & Monica Lewinsky), mixed in with footage of the band from the Use You Illusion tour. Also includes a fair bit of film from the St. Louis riot and Axl's subsequent arrest.

It's So Easy [Live Era '87 - '91] (Dir. Nigel Dick/Jeff Richter)
Again a promo for the Live Era '87 - '91 CDs. It is a redited version of Nigel Dick's unreleased It's So Easy video (see above), mixed in with still photos from Robert John's book 'Guns N' Roses: A Photographic History'. It is concievable that Robert John's photos are used in this promo (and the Live Era CD booklet) as a settlement from when he sued Axl for allegedly refusing to honor an earlier contract he had with GNR.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2005, 06:20:20 PM »

Edited from unused/alternate footage from Nigel Dick's standard SCOM video (shot at the Ballroom, Huntington Park, CA 1988). This was never officially released by Geffen.

Cool, I've never heard of that one. Is it available online?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2005, 11:34:58 AM »

Not as far as I know. I've been desperately looking for it for years. The amazing thing is everytime I go to the Hard Rock Cafe in Paris, they play it on their giant screen. One day I should ask where they got it from  Grin

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2005, 11:49:41 AM »

Not as far as I know. I've been desperately looking for it for years. The amazing thing is everytime I go to the Hard Rock Cafe in Paris, they play it on their giant screen. One day I should ask where they got it from? Grin

The all black and white one? I have it on my computer

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2005, 07:42:20 PM »

Thanks to the kind person who uploaded it for me  ok I'll still ask the Hard Rock Cafe if they can make me a copy of their VHS though  Grin

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Dash_X
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2005, 02:47:47 PM »

Yes it is available online, just request it over at mygnrforum, download section, OR gnrbootlegsforum.tk, its been posted over at these sites many times recently
Megaguns
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2005, 03:44:17 AM »

I think its interesting that Nigel Dick(director of the SCOM video also directed The offsprings Gone Away video, Britany Spears, Baby one more time among lots of other stuff.
SCOM could have been this guys entrance to the big time of directing vids.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2005, 07:59:54 AM »

Is Izzy the only one who's not shown outside of the performance part in the Patience video?

Axl is attacking the phone, Duff is carrying the tray, Slash is in bed with the snake and Steven is sitting on the couch.

Where's Izzy?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2005, 08:18:47 AM »

Jarmo, good question. I'm surprised its never been brought up before. I guess Izzy had already stopped caring. Has he ever done an interview where he explains his discontent towards videos? I never understood why he seemed to hate it so much. Do you think he might be the reason GNR only did one video for Lies? I always thought they could have milked the album much more than they did.

Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2005, 08:32:35 AM »

Did you notice.... in Estranged video, at Slash first solo, we can see only a few extras walkin on the street. Always the same girl with her red jacket (if I remember). When you have seen it one time, you'll see it everytime  confused
Sorry if already posted  Tongue
Evolution
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2005, 10:56:43 AM »

I think that animosity died rather quickly though. of pictures with Izzy.

I always thought that that was kinda tongue in cheek as the lyrics are "yesterdays got nothing for me etc."  hihi

I'm probably wrong though
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2005, 01:59:01 PM »

You Could Be Mine:

The club is the roxy.
Actually is The Ritz? peace

Don't Cry
The scene where Axl is lying on an hospital bed, Izzy was supposed to walk in the room and not Axl himself.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2005, 03:02:18 PM »

You Could Be Mine:

The club is the roxy.
Actually is The Ritz? peace

Don't Cry
The scene where Axl is lying on an hospital bed, Izzy was supposed to walk in the room and not Axl himself.

didn?t know that

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2005, 05:38:03 PM »

Ricki Rachtman appears on the November rain Video, during the wedding (cake scene), just before the rain happens.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Forever Axl
Opening Act

FOREVER AXL

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2005, 06:21:36 PM »

What has been buggin' me lately, is that I can't seem to figure out what video it is where Axl sticks out his tongue on a closeup shot, where the camera is right in his face  confused
Somebody help please!. . . In WTTJ I noticed that Axl has his shirt on, than for a quick second when he gets on his knees the shirt disappears, than when he gets back up it's there again, I'm sure others have noticed this too though

....Welcome to the Jungle....
~*~ Axl ROCKS my WORLD! ~*~
-Forever A Proud Axl Fan
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2005, 06:27:44 PM »

Is Izzy the only one who's not shown outside of the performance part in the Patience video?

Axl is attacking the phone, Duff is carrying the tray, Slash is in bed with the snake and Steven is sitting on the couch.

Where's Izzy?

/jarmo

Izzy is shown outside the performance portion of the video, although only for a few moments he is seen playing the acoustic during the bridge of the song in what looks like a waiting room/airport to me.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: