Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:58:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Did you notice... the GN'R video breakdown thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you notice... the GN'R video breakdown thread  (Read 15305 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: February 04, 2004, 12:08:36 PM »

Since many people here own the Welcome To The Videos DVD/VHS, I thought we could do something "fun".

Let's list all the interesting facts about the videos, weird things seen in them etc..

You can use the following format:

Title
- Info [time]

Example:

Welcome To The Jungle
- Director: Nigel Dick

- Shot on August 1st and 2nd, 1987 at Park Plaza & 450 S. La Brea, Hollywood.

- Slash drinking alcohol out of a bottle in front of tv store. [0:30]

- Axl's white t-shirt reads Tattoo Convention.

- Axl forced to watch tvs. A Clockwork Orange reference? [3.27]

Paradise City

- Director: Nigel Dick

- Shot on August 15th and 16th, 1988 at Giants Stadium, New Jersey (opening for Aerosmith). August 20th 1988 at Castle Donington, England

- Axl is wearing a Cathouse (club in Los Angeles) t-shirt in the footage shot at Giants Stadium.

- Nasty Suicide (ex. Hanoi Rocks) appears. [4.20]

ok

/jarmo

« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 12:13:27 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

Welcome to the Jungle

the hall that is used in this video was also used by the Excecutioners for their video cant remember song but it featured Singer from Linkin Park (not chester) and also guitarist from Static X.

The Garden

The only video where the band dont perform the song.

Estranged

Is the house in the video really Axls??
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 01:10:09 PM »

Garden of Eden

I loved how they filmed this vid to get the effect it did.
They used a stobe light, and after filming they edited out all the dark parts and just used the part when the strobe light was on.

Yesterdays

there was live 4 or 5 different varations on this vid with diff pics and one even had just the band performing if i remember correctly.

WTTJ
isnt Izzy the drug dealer at the beginning of the vid when axl gets off the bus

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 01:11:39 PM »

Its so easy video:

Interesting fact : Erin Everly was fucking hot.......yummmmmmmmmmm

where can i get this vid
i know it was banned
but i have never seen the orginal just the live era one

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 03:50:50 PM »

where can i get this vid
i know it was banned

www.gunsnroses.gr

Downloads section, videos.

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 04:06:47 PM »

Its so easy video:

where can i get this vid
i know it was banned

I don't think the video was banned because IIRC  Axl wasn't going out with Erin Everly when I came time to release the vid and he didn't want it released. I read that in an interview somewhere. The only copy I have seen of it though is off a shitty 20th generation copy (almost unwatchable)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 04:08:20 PM by Scree77 » Logged

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 04:18:40 PM »

Its so easy video:

where can i get this vid
i know it was banned

I don't think the video was banned because IIRC  Axl wasn't going out with Erin Everly when I came time to release the vid and he didn't want it released. I read that in an interview somewhere. The only copy I have seen of it though is off a shitty 20th generation copy (almost unwatchable)

Axl tried to stop copies of that vid circulating when his abuse cases came to court.

Estranged:

It's not actually slash that is in the walking on water guitar solo bit.

You Could Be Mine:

The club is the roxy.

Live and Let Die:

The kid at the begining is Axl.

Paradise City:

The reason Axl and Izzy don't appear in the non live stuff is because they were off getting high.

Garden Of Eden:

Teddy Zig-Zag and Dizzy are headbanging in the background.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 04:26:38 PM »

what? it isnt slash? sure? i know he had a "double" but that was just a joke on the set....

i also rember him complaining about the cold and he cant wear a wetsuit inside the leatherpants! its been along time since i saw the making of, but im pretty sure its slash in the standing on water scene...

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 04:36:41 PM »

If you look, it's the doubles clothes at least...
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 04:45:04 PM »

what? it isnt slash? sure? i know he had a "double" but that was just a joke on the set....

i also rember him complaining about the cold and he cant wear a wetsuit inside the leatherpants! its been along time since i saw the making of, but im pretty sure its slash in the standing on water scene...

I believe the double was used to rise up out of the water, and that the real Slash is used once out of the water, I think they didn't want to take a chance of drowning the real Slash.  If you want to try to tell the difference between the two, the fake Slash can't play guitar, and thus they don't show his fingers on the fretboard, only from behind and they don't show that much either, because it is painfully apparent that he's not playing the solo.  If you can tell that he is playing the solo, then that is the real Slash (I think).

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 05:04:16 PM »

The Estranged video doesn't show massive detail of any band member except Axl really.

Gilby throws Axl the life-ring, Duff is in the boat in the sea, Dizzy is on the street outside the Rainbow Bar And Grill, Slash isn't seen so clearly, and the live shots are pretty dire at times.

So who knows?

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 05:08:28 PM »

Slash gets decent featured time during his first guitar solo, and I know that's the real Slash.  I don't understand why the didn't show his feet during that solo, the fact that they don't makes it look more like he's standing on a conveyer belt rather than floating down the sidewalk.  I can see why they wouldn't show his feet if they went with the original plan of belting his feet into a car and pushing it down the sidewalk, but since they decided to rig him up to a crane I think it would have looked better to show his feet.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 06:19:29 PM »

Estranged:
Some of the people who are leaving Axl?s house: his brother; his manager Doug Goldstein; and Beta (the last woman to appear).

Garden of Eden:
2 Versions: In the one without the lyrics below, Matt gets rid of the drum sticks and start punching his drum, getting faaaar away from the song?s rithym.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
badapple81
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 08:10:59 PM »

Paradise City: The shirt the guy in the crowd is wearing is an Appetite For Destruction shirt not a UYI shirt which would just impossible unless it was Michael J. Fox  hihi

Its So Easy: The above info is correct.. apparently the video shows footage of Erin tied up or something so Axl tried to get these outta circulation before Erin had him in court making those accusations.

Since I Dont Have You: This video sucked  peace

Sympathy For The Devil: Was a video ever made?
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 09:33:39 PM »

Don't Cry:
On the roof top there is a very short clip (about 1 second) of Axl wearing a St. Louis Cardinals baseball hat.  This is obviously a very sly reference by Axl to his St. Louis troubles that were occuring around the time the video was made.

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2004, 10:56:28 PM »

Here's an interesting Q & A session with Slash that was posted today at:  http://www.snakepit.org/news.html

The next question is from Stuart in England who asks, "In the video of 'Estranged', you are playing the second solo as you rise out of the water, and in 'Don't Cry' you throw a guitar over the cliff. I'm just wondering if you have a stunt guitar double just for these moments, or if they are just guitars from your collection? Did you find the one that went over the cliff, and does the wet one still work???!!!"

SLASH replies, "I did use stunt guitars for both videos. And yes, I did find the one that went over the cliff but it was broken. The wet one never worked in the first place."

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2004, 12:02:29 AM »

I have a question! In the Dead Horse video, what does the Tshirt that is censored say? Anyone know?

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2004, 04:21:59 AM »

in the vid for LIVE AND LET DIE towards the end, you notice a milk carton that eventually disappears, its says MISSING and a picture of IZZY. You can see in ESTRANGED i think when AXLS walking down sunset, you can see the DONT CRY vid in the back ground when AXL is drowning with that chick. IT IS NOT SLASH playing on the ESTRANGED solo in the water, on the "makin' fuckin' videos slash actually see's the stunt double, you can really tell if you watch closely anyway, the dudes bigger or fatter slightly and he cant even play the guitar, you can just tell.
I think its funny how DUFF is always saving AXLS arse and on the SINCE I DONT HAVE YOU vid he's just kicking back smokeing kissin' that chick and at the end when SLASH throws his guitar pick,its like he's saying catcha later, im laying down my guns. ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2004, 05:43:43 AM »

in the vid for LIVE AND LET DIE towards the end, you notice a milk carton that eventually disappears, its says MISSING and a picture of IZZY. You can see in ESTRANGED i think when AXLS walking down sunset, you can see the DONT CRY vid in the back ground when AXL is drowning with that chick. IT IS NOT SLASH playing on the ESTRANGED solo in the water, on the "makin' fuckin' videos slash actually see's the stunt double, you can really tell if you watch closely anyway, the dudes bigger or fatter slightly and he cant even play the guitar, you can just tell.
I think its funny how DUFF is always saving AXLS arse and on the SINCE I DONT HAVE YOU vid he's just kicking back smokeing kissin' that chick and at the end when SLASH throws his guitar pick,its like he's saying catcha later, im laying down my guns. ok

from what i remember of that making of vid
they had a stunt double but i thought slash decided to do the stunt himself and axl commented about it by saying something ike it meant alot that slash did the stunt himself or something like that

winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2004, 07:53:45 AM »

In the Don't Cry vid, you see Axl having a therapy session - that woman was one of his first therapists, i think her name is Suzy London.

In the November Rain video you see Rikki Rachtman sitting at the table at the reception.

I got a thought that would be nice
I like to crush your head tight in my vice - PAIN!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: