Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:13:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumblings of surprise gig or two
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumblings of surprise gig or two  (Read 16441 times)
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2006, 11:48:49 AM »

Axl should come near Salt Lake City. Do a vegas show or something.? ok
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2006, 11:52:12 AM »

There are a few rumblings of warm up gigs. Nothing in stone yet.

I'd like to see a surprise gig or 2 in the next month or so. Unannounced gigs would act as a good publicity stunt.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2006, 11:54:09 AM »

Are there any big events in which they could play in?
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2006, 12:50:26 PM »

Hey Hey another fan from Buffalo,NY here. Yes there is more going on here than the Goo Goo Dolls (let love in-April 26th-Cheap Plug!) the Sabres and Snow.

I think a surprise gig would be great. My vote is for Toronto like at the WareHaus (spelling?).
Also we all know if there are shows, I doubt management is going to give us the heads up. You could be the biggest Guns Fan in the world but we all know that the people who are going to get in the gig, if tix are sold out and the people who are going to meet the band are girls with the most T-n-A.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Sterlingdog
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2006, 12:53:36 PM »

If management did try to give the board a heads up, I don't think anyone would believe it.  Whoever posted that message would get called a liar, a source would be demanded, etc.  If it came from Merk, someone would say that he doesn't even know what's going on with the band.  If it was posted at MyGNR, a bunch of people would say it was fake just because it came from there.  But it would be kind of funny to see. 
AmyRose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2006, 02:18:31 PM »

I chatted with a musician, on another board today, and he seems to think that GNR are going to play a few surprise gigs in the U.S. before playing at RIR!? I am hoping that we, on this board, would get some sort of early notification of a gig, so as to make quick travel plans to attend (we are the heart and soul of the fans)!? I assume, that NYC/LA will be two of the spots for the warm-up gigs?? Has anyone else heard anything regarding this? Wink

His friend is a musician so it must be true!  hihi
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2006, 02:23:16 PM »

Hey Hey another fan from Buffalo,NY here. Yes there is more going on here than the Goo Goo Dolls (let love in-April 26th-Cheap Plug!) the Sabres and Snow.

I think a surprise gig would be great. My vote is for Toronto like at the WareHaus (spelling?).
Also we all know if there are shows, I doubt management is going to give us the heads up. You could be the biggest Guns Fan in the world but we all know that the people who are going to get in the gig, if tix are sold out and the people who are going to meet the band are girls with the most T-n-A.

Toronto would be the best choice for a warm up show!!! Doubt that will happen though. That club is called the Kool Haus, but it used to be called the WareHouse.  ok
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2006, 02:35:20 PM »

Haha from from TO.. and i can tell you one thing, when GNR comes here, its like the craziest shit.. kinda like how it is in NY and LA... TO is the big city in Canada and everyone who comes here compliments the fans.. because we know how to ROCK ON

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »

The April 2nd H&B show may be a bit early too...almost two full months before Rio. It's also a Sunday. I would imagine they'd do a show on a Friday or Saturday night.

But stranger things haver certainly happened before.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2006, 04:06:01 PM »

It's gonna be at Jarmo's house.

Only those who have used this emoticon in all of their posts are invited----->     hihi

Guess the only one invited will be Mysteron.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2006, 04:47:17 PM »

In that case...

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Wink

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Crowebar
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2006, 04:51:57 PM »

Haha from from TO.. and i can tell you one thing, when GNR comes here, its like the craziest shit.. kinda like how it is in NY and LA... TO is the big city in Canada and everyone who comes here compliments the fans.. because we know how to ROCK ON

Ab-so-fuckin-lutely man!!!

I was at the 2002 show in TO and Axl knows we rock so hard that he personally had the beer taps shut down before he went on stage. He didn't want anyone starting a riot.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2006, 06:28:15 PM »

I hope they come here...to BUFFALO, NEW YORK!?

Yeah, right... hihi

Holy Shit after all these years, finally someone else from Buffalo!!!! He wont even come here during a tour, let alone a warm up gig? Grin

I saw GNR in ?Buffalo during the UYI tour so they do know that it exists! ?Grin

The one with Metallica??? Slash said "Boy we never knew this place existed, but you guys fuckin rock!!" Have the show somewhere on CD

I also have a news clip somewhere back in like 88 they cancelled a few shows and buffalo was one of em... If i remember correctly they rescheduled them w/ philly dates... SO HEY  rant philly you get what you deserve for stealing GNR back then!!! 

haha i kid i kid b4 i get bashed to bad hihi
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2006, 06:30:01 PM »

Snow?? Where the hell are you in Buffalo... It been quite a while since any real snow  Grin
And for the Sabres, HORRIBLE time for a slump.... They need to get in tune for the playoffs!!
badapple81
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2006, 04:00:46 AM »

It would be cool if they did it like 91 where a radio station would announce a surprise gig in a few hours! The chaos would generate great publicitity!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2006, 08:56:39 AM »

I hope they come here...to BUFFALO, NEW YORK!?

Yeah, right... hihi

Holy Shit after all these years, finally someone else from Buffalo!!!! He wont even come here during a tour, let alone a warm up gig? Grin

I saw GNR in ?Buffalo during the UYI tour so they do know that it exists! ?Grin

The one with Metallica??? Slash said "Boy we never knew this place existed, but you guys fuckin rock!!" Have the show somewhere on CD

I also have a news clip somewhere back in like 88 they cancelled a few shows and buffalo was one of em... If i remember correctly they rescheduled them w/ philly dates... SO HEY? rant philly you get what you deserve for stealing GNR back then!!!?

haha i kid i kid b4 i get bashed to bad hihi

That's the one!  ok  So, yeah, they know it exists and that we rock  Grin so why haven't they returned?  Angry  I'd love to get that show on CD! Wink  Awesome time! smoking

I don't remember them canceling in '88 because I saw them in Weedsport, NY that year - glad they didn't cancel that one!

Lucky me, I was in Philly in 2002 so I guess I have experienced the whole GNR experience.  Tongue

Why don't you just....
speed_stone
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2006, 11:13:37 AM »

It's gonna be at Jarmo's house.

Only those who have used this emoticon in all of their posts are invited----->? ? ?hihi

Guess the only one invited will be Mysteron.

lmfao rofl
 hihi
 Grin
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2006, 12:02:25 PM »

How surprising was the MTV VMA's appearance back in 2001?  I personally knew nothing about it because I put GNR on the back burner after hearing no real news in 3 years or so.  But for those of you who were on top of things, was the appearance a surprise to you or did you know about it beforehand?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2006, 12:06:35 PM »

How surprising was the MTV VMA's appearance back in 2001?  I personally knew nothing about it because I put GNR on the back burner after hearing no real news in 3 years or so.  But for those of you who were on top of things, was the appearance a surprise to you or did you know about it beforehand?

i think it was kinda obvious, given the mini tour in europe/asia.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2006, 11:29:24 PM »

Just reading through the thread, and listening to Double Talkin Jive smiling.   hihi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: