Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:45:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumblings of surprise gig or two
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumblings of surprise gig or two  (Read 16468 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2006, 01:05:15 AM »

What exactly are these rumblings? I prefer to see the evidence myself before jumping to conclusions....

Just a rumour a this point.? I think the guy that told me was pretty sure, though, that they would do some sort of warm-up gig before RIO.? I would assume as much myself.? yes

so your source is some guy? Can you please be? more specific? I would like to believe this.

No, I cannot.? Sorry.? I can say this, he is a friend with all the members of the original band, including Axl.? ?peace?

If I may please inquire,

the person who is speculating about these club dates is PRESENTLY "friends with all the members of the orignal band"?

or can you not be THAT specific?

Thank you.
McDuff
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2006, 01:22:08 AM »

Blah blah blah.............

I agree with you 100%  peace
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2006, 02:21:08 AM »

are there any award shows coming up soon?

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2006, 09:03:17 AM »

I hope for your sake that a surprise gig is in Minneapolis....that's a great city with a great music scene

And you live in MN?Huh

If so, my guess would be LA, LV or NYC.....those seem to be his three favorite cities Grin
NYC does fit my criteria for cities I would see Axl in as i would never try to see him in Philly again hihi
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2006, 09:06:39 AM »

What exactly are these rumblings? I prefer to see the evidence myself before jumping to conclusions....

Just a rumour a this point.? I think the guy that told me was pretty sure, though, that they would do some sort of warm-up gig before RIO.? I would assume as much myself.? yes

so your source is some guy? Can you please be? more specific? I would like to believe this.

No, I cannot.? Sorry.? I can say this, he is a friend with all the members of the original band, including Axl.? ?peace?

If I may please inquire,

the person who is speculating about these club dates is PRESENTLY "friends with all the members of the orignal band"?

or can you not be THAT specific?

Thank you.

I don't know if he currently speaks with all of them, but he knows them!? I would imagine he chats with Dizzy, Slash, Steven, and Duff on occasion (out and about in LA).  Put it this way, I will not burn the guy's confidence, and will not post anymore about it.

He just surmised, that they would play a surprise gig, or warm-up gig before heading overseas for the big shows!  Kind of an off the cuff thing, in a conversation about GNR and different rock bands in general.   He has no inside information regarding the band, or what is going on, and if CD is done, will come out or not.  Just a very nice fellow, who happened to be on the scene in the 80's, and knows many of the bands that came out of Hollywood.

I am hoping for GNR to announce a gig, maybe on the boards first, in NYC or LA, so some of us die hards can go see them before they hit the rails in Europe!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 09:15:03 AM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2006, 09:07:12 AM »

We sorta discussed this possibility in another thread (the Webster Theater hookers and blow thread).

Dizzy is only listed as doing a couple shows with HAB.

One of them is at the Webster Theater in Hartford.

Wouldn't surprise me, a bit, if that show was a cover for a Guns warm up.

Now, keep in mind, I'm not saying it's GOING to happen...just that it wouldn't surprise me.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2006, 09:16:28 AM »

erose, wouldn't you rather have Axl work out whatever kinks BEFORE that awesome show?  I'd rather have a mediocre warm-up rather than him fucking up at Rio.  I'm sure you feel the same way regarding Rio beer

actually their warm up show for rio in 2001 was better than rio itself imo........ i`m fine with a fuck up here and there....it`s live...

so i don`t think a warm up gig is needed or planned or whatever, but it was a cool move to play philly and vancouver imo peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2006, 09:19:29 AM »

a "perfect" live Performance without a couple of fucked-ups is kinda too perfect. I think the "ok nevermind" (the blues, Rio 2001) is classic. I would even include it on the record. yes

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2006, 09:40:00 AM »

I'm sure that there will be a warm up gig or two in the US.  Hell, it's almost a certainty.  But Minniapolisnewsman shouldn't get any type of respect on here for supposedly "getting the scoop" on the gigs.  His post is like me saying it's gonna rain sometime next month.  It's probably going to happen.

SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2006, 09:48:07 AM »

We sorta discussed this possibility in another thread (the Webster Theater hookers and blow thread).

Dizzy is only listed as doing a couple shows with HAB.

One of them is at the Webster Theater in Hartford.

Wouldn't surprise me, a bit, if that show was a cover for a Guns warm up.

Now, keep in mind, I'm not saying it's GOING to happen...just that it wouldn't surprise me.

I agree...although someone pointed out that this gig is in the smaller underground threatre and NOT the larger theatre at the Webster. I have never been there and can't speculate on what 'smaller' means, but I still think a H&B cover is a great idea. In fact, the invitation for that gig states (and I'm paraphrasing here) Dizzy Reed playing the songs of Guns N' Roses (when usually these shows just say he's from Guns N' Roses or that they do covers of many rock acts including GN'R).

Who knows?

I say this...

Cool Idea: Have GN'R do a surprise warm up under the H&B cover in NY, LA or LV.
Cooler Idea: Have GN'R do a surprise warm up under the H&B cover in Philly and Vancouver.
Coolest Idea: Have GN'R do a surprise warm up under the H&B cover at MY HOUSE (an indoor/outdoor venue that can seat about 100 of your biggest fans)...don't worry Axl...the only cost will be an advanced copy of Chinese Democracy!

Grin

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2006, 10:09:43 AM »

I agree...although someone pointed out that this gig is in the smaller underground threatre and NOT the larger theatre at the Webster. I have never been there and can't speculate on what 'smaller' means, but I still think a H&B cover is a great idea. In fact, the invitation for that gig states (and I'm paraphrasing here) Dizzy Reed playing the songs of Guns N' Roses (when usually these shows just say he's from Guns N' Roses or that they do covers of many rock acts including GN'R).

They're wrong, at least according to the Webster site and the promos that are out in the local press:

H & B are actually AT the Webster, not the underground.

APR 2
Hookers & Blow featuring Dizzy Reed of GNR
A TRIBUTE TO GUNS & ROSES
Mongrel
Greedy Fly, Meet The Antagonist, Hand Grenade Serenade, Sliver, Electric Mudd
6 PM Doors

http://www.webstertheater.com/EVENTS_theater.htm

On the 2nd stage (aka The Underground) will be this:

APR 2
DIZZY REED 2nd STAGE:
Bad Magick: A Tribute To Godsmack
Spot On, Sanction, Fuzzbuni, Supertones
6PM Doors

http://www.webstertheater.com/EVENTS_underground.htm

Together again,
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2006, 10:13:38 AM »

Wow, that is weird.? I have my ticket and it says the undergroud.? How can they be on 2 stages???

Dammit Pilferk, your making me get excited now!!!

ETA-

Actually, the ticket says the Webster Theatre, not the underground.  But on the H&B site, it had said the Underground, I remember that.  Stranger and Stranger...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 10:15:18 AM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2006, 10:16:39 AM »

Wow, that is weird.? I have my ticket and it says the undergroud.? How can they be on 2 stages???

Dammit Pilferk, your making me get excited now!!!

They are probably STARTING the show (at 6 PM) in the underground with the bands they mention.

Then, at about 8 PM, they'll open up the big doors and you'll go into the main theater, where the rest of the show starts.

They've done that before, with other bills.

Again, maybe the Websters site is wrong (though I doubt it).? Anyone up to calling them for more info?? I'm a bit swamped and can't do it at the moment...

Edit: I remember H & B's site saying it was an Underground show, initially, too.  I'm sure that's why the person mentioned it back in the original Webster post.  And maybe, just because it's almost 2 shows (on the same ticket), they only listed the Underground part.  I don't know.

But, from the looks of things, the Webster sure expects to use both stages.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 10:19:00 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2006, 10:19:18 AM »

When GNR played VEGAS before going to RIO, didn't we have about a 3 week notice?  Didn't an announcement come out like Dec. 7th or so and they played the 28th and the 31st?

I would imagine any surprise warmup would have at least THAT amount of press.  Think about it..........a surprise warmup gig without any press would ensue a riot for sure once everyone found out about it............people would flock down to where ever it was and all hell would break loose.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2006, 10:21:21 AM »

They are probably STARTING the show (at 6 PM) in the underground with the bands they mention.

Then, at about 8 PM, they'll open up the big doors and you'll go into the main theater, where the rest of the show starts.

They've done that before, with other bills.

Again, maybe the Websters site is wrong (though I doubt it).? Anyone up to calling them for more info?? I'm a bit swamped and can't do it at the moment...

Edit: I remember H & B's site saying it was an Underground show, initially, too.? I'm sure that's why the person mentioned it back in the original Webster post.? And maybe, just because it's almost 2 shows (on the same ticket), they only listed the Underground part.? I don't know.

But, from the looks of things, the Webster sure expects to use both stages.

I damn well will be there at 5 then.  I'm not gonna miss anything if I can help it  hihi

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2006, 10:23:20 AM »

When GNR played VEGAS before going to RIO, didn't we have about a 3 week notice?  Didn't an announcement come out like Dec. 7th or so and they played the 28th and the 31st?

I would imagine any surprise warmup would have at least THAT amount of press.  Think about it..........a surprise warmup gig without any press would ensue a riot for sure once everyone found out about it............people would flock down to where ever it was and all hell would break loose.

All hell breaking lose because of a warm up gig would ensure more press attention for the band.  Wink
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2006, 10:24:49 AM »

When GNR played VEGAS before going to RIO, didn't we have about a 3 week notice?? Didn't an announcement come out like Dec. 7th or so and they played the 28th and the 31st?

I would imagine any surprise warmup would have at least THAT amount of press.? Think about it..........a surprise warmup gig without any press would ensue a riot for sure once everyone found out about it............people would flock down to where ever it was and all hell would break loose.

All hell breaking lose because of a warm up gig would ensure more press attention for the band.? Wink

yeah, but I even think Axl would look at the safety issue and give people a heads up with some notice.

I don't think GNR wants anyone to get hurt intentionally.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2006, 10:29:02 AM »

When GNR played VEGAS before going to RIO, didn't we have about a 3 week notice?? Didn't an announcement come out like Dec. 7th or so and they played the 28th and the 31st?

I would imagine any surprise warmup would have at least THAT amount of press.? Think about it..........a surprise warmup gig without any press would ensue a riot for sure once everyone found out about it............people would flock down to where ever it was and all hell would break loose.

Hmmm, I don't know....

Toads Place (down in New Haven, CT) used to have a history of unannounced warm up gigs back when I was younger. ?Some pretty big bands, for the time, would play there before going on tour. ?They never seemed to have a problem......no riots, etc.

It'd need to be a ticketed show, for sure, perhaps with a cover name (which is why I'm entertaining the H&B Webster notion at all) or band, to ensure that it wasn't a nutty free for all.

Together again,
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2006, 10:34:58 AM »

Hmmm, I don't know....

Toads Place (down in New Haven, CT) used to have a history of unannounced warm up gigs back when I was younger. ?Some pretty big bands, for the time, would play there before going on tour. ?They never seemed to have a problem......no riots, etc.

It'd need to be a ticketed show, for sure, perhaps with a cover name (which is why I'm entertaining the H&B Webster notion at all) or band, to ensure that it wasn't a nutty free for all.

lol @ the no riots.

Then it's definately not GNR Tongue
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 10:37:20 AM by dolphin » Logged
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2006, 10:51:45 AM »

I hope they come here...to BUFFALO, NEW YORK!?

Yeah, right... hihi

Holy Shit after all these years, finally someone else from Buffalo!!!! He wont even come here during a tour, let alone a warm up gig? Grin

I saw GNR in ?Buffalo during the UYI tour so they do know that it exists! ?Grin

Why don't you just....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: