Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:01:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumblings of surprise gig or two
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumblings of surprise gig or two  (Read 16371 times)
long_live_freddie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 09:32:13 PM »

do a New Orleans show...

last time they came to New Orleans and played in the Superdome(1992)...Axl was getitng mad at the fans cause they were falling asleep

they should come to new orleans... beer
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 09:52:31 PM »

erose, wouldn't you rather have Axl work out whatever kinks BEFORE that awesome show?? I'd rather have a mediocre warm-up rather than him fucking up at Rio.? I'm sure you feel the same way regarding Rio beer

i defenetly see your point, but i don't mind seeing a fuck up or two at rio so i guess i still want it to be the first show... ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Sterlingdog
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 09:58:42 PM »

Before the Illusion tour, they played one of those warm up shows in San Francisco.  I remember nobody heard about it until the tickets went on sale, and of course sold out instantly.  I think they actually went on sale the day of the show.  I was in high school at the time and didn't have a chance of getting out of there to even try to get tickets.  It was very disappointing.   Sad
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 10:14:37 PM »

What exactly are these rumblings? I prefer to see the evidence myself before jumping to conclusions....

Just a rumour a this point.  I think the guy that told me was pretty sure, though, that they would do some sort of warm-up gig before RIO.  I would assume as much myself.  yes

so your source is some guy? Can you please be  more specific? I would like to believe this.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
cobalt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 10:48:55 PM »

I would kill for a warmup show somewhere in Chicago. House of Blues maybe? Smiley
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 10:50:25 PM »

What exactly are these rumblings? I prefer to see the evidence myself before jumping to conclusions....

Just a rumour a this point.? I think the guy that told me was pretty sure, though, that they would do some sort of warm-up gig before RIO.? I would assume as much myself.? yes

so your source is some guy? Can you please be? more specific? I would like to believe this.

No, I cannot.? Sorry.  I can say this, he is a friend with all the members of the original band, including Axl.   peace?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 10:52:23 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 10:51:15 PM »

Just a rumour a this point.  I think the guy that told me was pretty sure, though, that they would do some sort of warm-up gig before RIO.  I would assume as much myself.  yes

so your source is some guy? Can you please be  more specific? I would like to believe this.

No, I cannot.  Sorry peace 

Well, then, I really cannot support this as anything but idle speculation. Sorry  peace

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2006, 10:52:51 PM »

house of blues in AC  wouldnt be a bad spot to warm up

pjv3244
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 11:05:16 PM »

If they're going to do a couple of warm up shows, how about two free concerts....one in Vancouver and one in Philadelphia.

That would be their smartest move.

--pjv
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2006, 11:08:05 PM »

Yeah, Phlly would rock because I live about an hour or so away.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2006, 11:08:56 PM »

Just a rumour a this point.? I think the guy that told me was pretty sure, though, that they would do some sort of warm-up gig before RIO.? I would assume as much myself.? yes

so your source is some guy? Can you please be? more specific? I would like to believe this.

No, I cannot.? Sorry peace?

Well, then, I really cannot support this as anything but idle speculation. Sorry? peace

Well, I think that is for sure (speculation). ?The musician I chat with was speculating, but in a scientific manner. ?He has experience with these things, and has been in the industry for 20+ years! ?If forced to bet, I would count on at least one show prior to RIR!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 11:11:11 PM »

If forced to bet, I would count on at least one show prior to RIR!

how much would you be willing to put down  Wink ?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 11:11:47 PM »

No, I cannot.  Sorry peace 

Well, then, I really cannot support this as anything but idle speculation. Sorry  peace

Well, I think that is for sure (speculation).  The musician I chat with was speculating, but in a scientific manner.  He has experience with these things, and has been in the industry for 20+ years!  If forced to bet, I would count on at least one show prior to RIR!

Since you have given no source, why even say that? You haven't given the forum a basis to judge your information; as a result, the source's credentials are meaningless.

I really think there will be a warm up gig, but I am not going to claim insider knowledge especially if i can't back it up.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 11:16:11 PM »

Blah blah blah.............
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 11:21:42 PM »

No, I cannot.? Sorry peace?

Well, then, I really cannot support this as anything but idle speculation. Sorry? peace

Well, I think that is for sure (speculation).? The musician I chat with was speculating, but in a scientific manner.? He has experience with these things, and has been in the industry for 20+ years!? If forced to bet, I would count on at least one show prior to RIR!

Since you have given no source, why even say that? You haven't given the forum a basis to judge your information; as a result, the source's credentials are meaningless.

I really think there will be a warm up gig, but I am not going to claim insider knowledge especially if i can't back it up.

Read my original post, I claimed no insider knowledge, and said that he thinks there is going to be a one off gig! ?I am hoping like hell mgt. will at least let some of us know if there is, and maybe leak the word to us. ?I have no idea, and have clearly stated that. ?I hope you have a great evening, and really don't want to argue about anything. ?One thing is for sure, this guy, like some people in the band, has no idea what is going on with the band currently. ?He just said, he imagined that they would do a warm-up gig.  I will say this, though, if one does have a source of information, don't blow it by exposing their cover on this board.  There is no reason to do that.    beer
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 11:25:14 PM by Minneapolisnewsman » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2006, 11:23:43 PM »

Read my original post, I claimed no insider knowledge, and said that he thinks there is going to be a one off gig!  I am hoping like hell mgt. will at least let some of us know if there is, and maybe leak the word to us.  I have no idea, and have clearly stated that.  I hope you have a great evening, and really don't want to argue about anything.  One thing is for sure, this guy, like some people in the band, has no idea what is going on with the band currently.  He just said, he imagined that they would do a warm-up gig

I hope you have a great evening too, no hard feelings. Your statement above is enough to satisfy me.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 12:17:55 AM »

well, here's hoping..but i think they may just hole themselves for most of april and may in order to just get real tight for Rio.

but if it does happen, and someone goes and tapes it, it will be a very coveted bootleg Cool

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 12:24:14 AM »

It's obvious that NY, LA, or Vegas are the most likely candidates. I think it'd be cool to play somewhere out of the ordinary like Nashville, Chicago, Miami, somewhere not expected...

Modesto California  peace hihi
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 12:27:43 AM »

NYC or down at the House of Blues in AC here in Jersey.. Im there.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 12:34:23 AM »

I hope for your sake that a surprise gig is in Minneapolis....that's a great city with a great music scene

Fuckin' right.  That would be really great, 1st Ave or some other little club.  That's where Tommy's from too but I think they should play in Philly were the last show was cancelled.  Minneapolis would kick ass though.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: