Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:43:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If CD does not succeed?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: If CD does not succeed?  (Read 7917 times)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« on: March 22, 2006, 06:20:47 PM »

Sorry if this has been asked before but I used the search button and didn't find anything.

If CD comes out this year or any time for that matter and it does not succeed what next for Axl? No matter whats on the album we will all probably think it's the best music out there and Axl will reconquer the world, but what if he doesn't? If the press slate CD upon it's release (and some will no matter what it sounds like), the hype surrounding this 10 year in the making album dies down and the public doesn't warm to it and they don't feel it's all that good. It's maybe in the top 10 for a week or 2 then fades into the abyss and is remembered as somewhat of a failure. If this happens is that the end for Axl? Can you see his career recovering from that or would the failure of CD be the last time we ever saw the talents of Mr Rose?

Obviously i'm hoping this doesn't happen and judging by the leaks it probably won't but I was just wondering what you guys all thought?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 06:22:27 PM »

One reason this wont fail n my opinion of course is because it has been waited for forever. There for this record could be awful but people will still like it ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 06:22:57 PM »

why do you ask these questions? We all like Better, IRS, CITR, and the blues... oh yeah AND TWAT.. so if those are on the Cd its better than half the crap out right now... one hit wonders there called...

GNR cant go wrong

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 06:24:16 PM »

it will be out this year I gaurantee it cant tour the states or europe without new material.

for you fags closing my thread:

rules this rules that. people on this forum are so damn gay. its a damn forum!!!!

first off I love GNR but this stuff isn't good. hopefully album versions are better.

everyone is forcing themselfs to like it cause its new GNR material. then cry when someone says the truth.

all im saying better be atleast 2-3 killer tracks on the album or GNR is gonna be laughed at.

im no VR fan I hate Weiland and the whole VR thing is a joke and sucks.

anyways everyone on this forum can fuck off you all are fags
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 06:24:32 PM »

isn't it going to be divided into 3 cds that come out at different times?

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
SlashDelonge
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 06:24:48 PM »

probably wont happen, but yea it would probably be the end of Axl's "music" career...hey, the cd might never come out...it has been 10 years why now?...u know what im trying to say?
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 06:26:36 PM »

it will be out this year I gaurantee it cant tour the states or europe without new material.

rules this rules that. people on this forum are so damn gay. its a damn forum!!!!

first off I love GNR but this stuff isn't good. hopefully album versions are better.

everyone is forcing themselfs to like it cause its new GNR material. then cry when someone says the truth.

all im saying better be atleast 2-3 killer tracks on the album or GNR is gonna be laughed at.

Ok so after that little rant.. i hope we never have to hear from you again.

Like i said, so far the reactuons have been stready towards the new shit.. so were all good.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 06:26:53 PM »

isn't it going to be divided into 3 cds that come out at different times?
There going to release CD wich is supose to be a 13 track CD . And then a greatest hits and also another thing of new material

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 06:27:06 PM »

How can you measure success/failure?

I think in terms of getting the die-hard GN'R fans...Axl succeeded about 9 years ago when he started working on the album. In terms of failure, I think any of this is because of his tarnished reputation and I don't think he will appeal to the younger audience (my age group, early-late teens)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 06:33:34 PM »

How can you measure success/failure?

I think in terms of getting the die-hard GN'R fans...Axl succeeded about 9 years ago when he started working on the album. In terms of failure, I think any of this is because of his tarnished reputation and I don't think he will appeal to the younger audience (my age group, early-late teens)

I was meaning commercial failure of CD e.g. units sold. Of course this may not interest Axl 1 bit and if his personal goals are met with CD he may not care about anything else and continue to make albums. Although if CD is not a commercial success he will probably have to make the next album with a new record label lol.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 06:41:38 PM »

rules this rules that.

Yeah, and you know why? Because it's pretty lame to have 100 people like you starting new threads about the same thing over and over again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 06:49:01 PM »

fuck off you all are fags

ALL of us? rofl rofl rofl rofl
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 07:12:15 PM »

Sorry if this has been asked before but I used the search button and didn't find anything.

If CD comes out this year or any time for that matter and it does not succeed what next for Axl? No matter whats on the album we will all probably think it's the best music out there and Axl will reconquer the world, but what if he doesn't? If the press slate CD upon it's release (and some will no matter what it sounds like), the hype surrounding this 10 year in the making album dies down and the public doesn't warm to it and they don't feel it's all that good. It's maybe in the top 10 for a week or 2 then fades into the abyss and is remembered as somewhat of a failure. If this happens is that the end for Axl? Can you see his career recovering from that or would the failure of CD be the last time we ever saw the talents of Mr Rose?

Obviously i'm hoping this doesn't happen and judging by the leaks it probably won't but I was just wondering what you guys all thought?

that's a very good realistic question, you can't always judge the outside worl by what we feel is important or we think should be tops.. If this does poor in teh usa axl might still have a career just more outside of the united states.. It would be sad if axl failed in his home country.. I think if the album did do poorly it could affect his idea of multiple albums, unless geffen interscope want to make their money regardless.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 07:20:36 PM »

I think if the album did do poorly it could affect his idea of multiple albums, unless geffen interscope want to make their money regardless.

After all the money invested in CD, I would be under the impression that Geffen would "milk" these releases as much as they could.  So, if Axl approved, I could see them releasing 3 CDs.  Hell, it'a obvious that Interscope is wanting their money back.  Look at GH for an example.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 07:29:22 PM »

I think if the album did do poorly it could affect his idea of multiple albums, unless geffen interscope want to make their money regardless.

After all the money invested in CD, I would be under the impression that Geffen would "milk" these releases as much as they could.? So, if Axl approved, I could see them releasing 3 CDs.? Hell, it'a obvious that Interscope is wanting their money back.? Look at GH for an example.

I was speaking as if the album tanked in t usa, why reklease two others if the first one didn't sell.. GH's has been doing amazing here, is it because of the old dynamics and love for the old songs... Is it easier for a new fan just to buy all the albums in one  (the hits).. What is the interest here for the new band .. I think the usa is more critical of axl and he'll have to work harder for approval.. Last tour has to be on the minds of many reviewers and venue owners who might wonder why risk it with so much other money to be made..
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 07:33:03 PM »

I think what's left of the diehard fans will buy it the CD......as far as the non die hards or alienated ex-Die hards, that would be the result of the first single...but if it bombs, I'm sure the label would want to recoup as much as it's investment as possible

as far as getting a new record deal with another label, that's another question
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 07:39:11 PM »

The records gonna be great but even if it wasn't I think it would sell

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 07:47:39 PM »

i've wondered that myself. would axl just fade away and never be heard from again? i dunno.

everyone that is so sure that this cd is going to be huge is just not capable of stepping out of the GnR bubble for a minute. The rest of the world might not be so receptive to a new GnR, like it or not, that's the reality. I hope it does do well and is huge, but i won't be surprised at all if it doesn't get as big as we think it should. Part of me thinks that it will be #1 in the charts the first week out (that's pretty much a given considering we'll all buy it the first day), but after that is very questionable. time will tell.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 07:50:15 PM »

I think whether it succeeds or not, it'll bring alot of closure and answer alot of questions in the world of GNR.  There will be assholes who rip it because they just dont like Axl regardless of how great the songs are.  Then there will be assholes who will know its great, but say its not the original GNR.  I don't see there being a win=win situation for everyone.  But final sales will hopefully lead to the sound of silence from the naysayers.

chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 07:50:59 PM »

There has been a huge abundance of assholes joining the forum lately. I hope they stop, becasue I really hate them.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: