Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:15:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Sleep
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sleep  (Read 9990 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 03:25:22 PM »

There are countless studies that show you need good quality sleep, if not your health will suffer, along with having problems concentrating on tasks, and being moody.  There is even evidence to suggest that many childhood cases of ADHD are actually caused by poor sleep habits.  Most people need 6-8 hours of sleep a night.  I function best on 8.

The worst is chronic sleep deprivation.  When my daughter was born, she had a rough time sleeping for the first year, so of course I didn't sleep much either.  I ended up getting very sick again and again.  My immune system basically got weakened from the chronic lack of sleep. 

I think sleep is more important than most people realize.  Seriously, if most people got good sleep every night (no tv on!!) and drank enough water, they would see a huge improvement in their overall health, mood, and energy level.

If I get less then 8 hours sleep per night for a few days, I'll get sick. Always.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 03:36:43 PM »

A terrible consequence of University and the student life has left me unable to function on less than 9-10 hrs sleep - less than that i'm virtually comatose, its a bit of a problem.

At uni i used to sleep 14 hrs a day....i'm now addicted to sleep nervous

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2006, 11:31:35 AM »

The older I get the more I'm becoming a morning person.... love

The older I get, the more I'm not becoming a morning person.  hihi
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 02:20:41 PM »

I'm a nocturnal person, as I think nightime helps me to concentrate on whatever I am doing at the moment. Hence, I like being up on odd hours. Unfortunately it's hard to get by with your everyday life while you're staying up all night. Therefore I often go to bed around 7-8 pm and wake up around 3-4 am. Plenty of time to enjoy the night and I get a head start of the day.

What, me weird?  hihi

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2006, 02:56:11 PM »

i'm always shattered.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
axelle rose
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 03:01:36 PM »

I usually get between 6 and 7 hours of sleep a night.? I hit bed around 12 and I get up between 6:30 and 7. (damn work).

I just find that I generally don't have any energy and I can be very irritable most of the time.? Maybe I should sleep more.? Wink
Same here , I need about a half an hour to wake up in the morning. That means first a cup of fresh hot coffee and a sigaret then I can safely wake up the kids. Otherwise I feel like shit.
Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 05:02:31 PM »

i usually sleep 12-13h a night... i can get though a day fine with 8-10 anythin less than that ill make it but when the day is over its off to sleep!!! but thats now.. durrin the summer i get into a routine of like 3-4h of sleep a night for the 8weeks i work at day camp and thats just fine with me!

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 07:18:01 PM »

The older I get, the more I seem to need.  I figure that by the time I'm 60, I'll never get out of bed.  hihi

Why don't you just....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2006, 02:20:15 AM »

The older I get, the more I seem to need.  I figure that by the time I'm 60, I'll never get out of bed.  hihi

I don't mind my age.

But it's when my body reminds me of it that bothers me............and I get little reminders all the time.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2006, 04:37:33 AM »

I have insomnia.  Its horrible!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »

The older I get, the more I seem to need.? I figure that by the time I'm 60, I'll never get out of bed.? hihi

I don't mind my age.

But it's when my body reminds me of it that bothers me............and I get little reminders all the time.

I don't mind my age either - it's just that 4-5 hrs isn't cutting it anymore.  I need more like 7 or 8.

Why don't you just....
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 11:59:35 AM »

I always watch a movie or tv-serie before I'll go to sleep (very rare night if I don't).. Most viewed: American Pie 1/2/3, Wayne's World's, Band Of Brothers and The Simpsons. I'll never get enough of those hihi After that, I'll read something.. usually it's Donald Duck ok When it's 00-01 o' clock, I try to sleep. And if it's school day I'll wake up 7am.. It's not enough sleep for me, but what can I do? Cool

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2006, 09:26:12 AM »

Tonight I'll hopefully get some sleep, got a prescription for sleeping medicine today.

I've been having trouble with sleeping for the past 3-4 weeks now, I cant fall asleep unless I'm tired but now I got subconscious stress and because of that it's very hard to fall asleep even when I'm very tired and feeling weak, after I've fallen asleep I sleep very poorly and wake up many times during the night. I had the same kind of "period" a few years ago and after couple of weeks it/this ain't very funny anymore.

It's a weird feeling after the tiredness and the "cant stop laughing" feeling have gone and you get into the "surreal/psycho" feeling.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 04:41:01 PM »

So I've decided to revive this thread since I'm going a bit insane from lack of sleep. 

For the past couple months, my insomnia is getting worse and worse. I feel I need a full 8 hours of sleep to feel refreshed and energetic for the day. I've tried everything, nothing seems to work. Tylenol PM worked, but I didn't want to rely on pills to help me sleep and sex just makes me more awake.

Sunday night I got 4 hours of sleep, and last night I got zero. I have to get up for work at 5:30am, and today I left early to try get some rest. I feel exhausted right now, but by no means could fall asleep. So tonight I'm going back to the pills because I'm desperate for some sleep. A Xanax should do the trick.

Axl is God.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 02:40:16 AM »

So I've decided to revive this thread since I'm going a bit insane from lack of sleep. 

For the past couple months, my insomnia is getting worse and worse. I feel I need a full 8 hours of sleep to feel refreshed and energetic for the day. I've tried everything, nothing seems to work. Tylenol PM worked, but I didn't want to rely on pills to help me sleep and sex just makes me more awake.

Sunday night I got 4 hours of sleep, and last night I got zero. I have to get up for work at 5:30am, and today I left early to try get some rest. I feel exhausted right now, but by no means could fall asleep. So tonight I'm going back to the pills because I'm desperate for some sleep. A Xanax should do the trick.

It sounds strange, but drinking hot milk sometimes helps induce sleep.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2009, 02:59:27 PM »

have you tried counting sheep?

1. Lie down on your bed or chair and close your eyes.
   2. Imagine a night sky, with small, white stars, and a crescent moon. Or, imagine a day sky, with a small, green hill, full of short, green grass.
   3. Imagine a white fence right across the hill.
   4. Visualize white, fluffy, plump sheep.
   5. Imagine the sheep jumping over the white fence, one by one, one after another without stopping.
   6. Visualize this over and over again, counting, "1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6.." softly. Some people prefer to count in their mind, others out loud - this is up to you.
   7. Drift off to sleep gently. If you get sidetracked and the worrying thoughts return, take stock and return to counting the sheep.

http://www.wikihow.com/Count-Sheep
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2009, 08:59:21 AM »

I don't want to promote drug use or anything like that. But if you take .25mg of Xanax right before bed, your mind won't be racing anymore. You may still be thinking of the things that are keeping you up, but you won't give a shit and you'll be able to fall asleep. Works wonders for me.

Axl is God.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2009, 09:46:03 AM »

I am a home maker, but don't get me wrong when I say that, cause my life is so full doing this, it wears me out.  House cleaning, laundry, kids, dogs, cats, frogs, cooking, grocery shopping, bill paying not to mention husband and anything else that comes my way.
I am an early riser anywhere from 4am to 5am, I have to wake up as these are the most quiet moments where I can have alone time, once I have gotten my day underway and all is calm, a 3 hour nap may be in order about noon.  I am usually in bed by about 9 pm and fast asleep within a half hour.
Sleep is not an issue for me, I can do it on command if tired, I rarely ever cannot go to sleep, it would take a pretty huge issue to keep me awake lol.  If I am tired sleep prevails over all, otherwise that old famous broom I used to love so much just may have to come out of retirement.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 12:10:21 PM »

Nope.  My mind wandered off to exciting places.

I think I have too much stress in my life.  If I can find some sort of balance during the day, I might be at peace at night.

I just don't know anymore.

how about listening to no quarter or prostitute. those songs should heal your mind.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »

If I listen to Prostitute, I'm going to want to listen to the other songs too!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: