Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:24:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Sleep
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sleep  (Read 10007 times)
Markus Asraelius
« on: March 22, 2006, 03:52:15 PM »

There was a previous thread about sleep called Sleeping Habits but this one's a bit different. I didn't fall asleep until 1 a.m. last night and I feel like shit compared to when I usually fall asleep at 11 or 12.

So, my question is, do people here feel a lot different when they get less sleep?

Like getting mad easier? Running out of energy faster? More paranoid?

Cause that's how I feel.
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 03:56:42 PM »

Well, I?ve taken one day off from work for tomorrow, to collect some inspiration (as a news-reporter).

Those nights when I work I go to bed 21.00.
When I?m free, whenever!  ok

I feel like shit if I don?t get eight or nine hours of sleep.

And tonight, well, I?ll stay up all night!
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 04:48:06 PM »

For oe half a semester last year i had bad insomnia and in case u dont know what taht is its a sleping disorder and i was always tired always at school. I would have 3 hours a night max but then it got worse when i started taking sleep pills haha

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
avesia
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 05:01:25 PM »

I usually fall asleep at 5 or 6 in the morning  Grin

...but if I sleep 6 hours a night I'm ok...fresh and ready to start a new day  ok
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 05:07:41 PM »

Ur lucky .. i need about 8 to be completely fresh but on sat and sun i ussually go about 10 just to be sure  rofl

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 05:11:59 PM »

I usually fall asleep at 5 or 6 in the morning? Grin

...but if I sleep 6 hours a night I'm ok...fresh and ready to start a new day? ok

Same here, I think your body eventually get's used to it.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 05:18:02 PM »

I usually get between 6 and 7 hours of sleep a night.  I hit bed around 12 and I get up between 6:30 and 7. (damn work).

I just find that I generally don't have any energy and I can be very irritable most of the time.  Maybe I should sleep more.  Wink
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 05:30:09 PM by Backslash » Logged

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 05:19:09 PM »

So, my question is, do people here feel a lot different when they get less sleep?

Like getting mad easier? Running out of energy faster? More paranoid?

Cause that's how I feel.

Whoa!!!!!!!
I can't believe someone actually understands me!
That's exactly what's been happening to me.

My stress level is high and I can't do anything about it. The harder I try, the harder it gets. I usually sleep at 1am, if I go to bed earlier I won't be able to sleep, I'll just think about stuff and not sleep until it's like 1am, 2am... And I wake up at 7am.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »

I'm a night owl, always have been...unfortunalely the rest of the world isn't, so I have to get up at inhuman hours (like 9 rofl)

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 06:13:30 PM »

As much as I love sleeping, I love staying up even more.  Everything seems to be more fun at night, even if it's just watching anime or playing XBox.  Tonight i'm working on an essay, so it'll probably be another ultra late one for me.  I'd love a proper night's sleep soon but i've got the easter holidays to look forward to for that. ok
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 06:20:50 PM »

the more i sleep, the more lethargic i feel. Also, i can't sleep well at night and sleep better when everyone is awake.
Also, have problems sleeping all alone, am usually scared. ( yeah, laugh, i know)...

erM...

Nothing to say
unoturbo
The Little engineer that could
VIP

With 5 million I could do what You spend 50mil on

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 08:33:59 PM »

I'm a terrible sleeper. The more I know I have to get some sleep the harder it is to do so. 6 hours usually does fine for me during the week, but that's only because I lie awake for so long. Infact, when I go to bed is when my mind is most active. However, at weekends I catch up bigtime! Now that i'm super old (25), I find I need more sleep after a night out etc.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 08:37:19 PM »

I cry easily.  Things that normally wouldn't bother me will really hurt my lil feelings.   Cry 

I like alot of sleep though, atleast 8 hrs.   ok

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »

I need at least 7 hours of sleep to get through the day now.  Just a few short years ago, I could go to sleep at 1:00 am and make it through the day just fine on 5 hours.   Not only do I need more sleep but it's harder to get to sleep.  Now, I can be tired as hell....to the point where tears stream from my eyes and still not be able to get to sleep.  So now, I take Tylenol PM or Simply Sleep (over the counter sleep aids) almost nightly to be able to go to sleep. Without sleep, I'm impatient with the kiddies at school and a bitch at home. 

It's hell getting older.  If this keeps up, I'll be going to bed at 8 o'clock to feel like I've got enough rest.   hihi 

Another thing...now on the weekends when I COULD sleep late...I'm awake by 7:00 but not fit for a thing 'cause I'm still tired feeling.   Undecided
Sterlingdog
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 09:50:04 PM »

There are countless studies that show you need good quality sleep, if not your health will suffer, along with having problems concentrating on tasks, and being moody.  There is even evidence to suggest that many childhood cases of ADHD are actually caused by poor sleep habits.  Most people need 6-8 hours of sleep a night.  I function best on 8.

The worst is chronic sleep deprivation.  When my daughter was born, she had a rough time sleeping for the first year, so of course I didn't sleep much either.  I ended up getting very sick again and again.  My immune system basically got weakened from the chronic lack of sleep. 

I think sleep is more important than most people realize.  Seriously, if most people got good sleep every night (no tv on!!) and drank enough water, they would see a huge improvement in their overall health, mood, and energy level.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 10:39:32 PM »

If i get less than 7 a night- im not a nice person to deal with- every little aggravation becomes amplified Angry

this sucks b/c ive had a sleeping disorder for 3 years, and need to take meds to get to sleep-without it, i might get 3 hours a night-which obviously can lead to a whole bunch of problems when i have to interact with people.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 01:34:16 AM »

I got a good nights sleep last night. Usually I don't since I have sex every night, but now we did that earlier.

Anyway I had a period when I slept like 4 hours a night and stayed awake with cofeine pills.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 01:51:29 AM »

As soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm gone. Usually if I have uni/work the next day, I go to bed at about 10.30-11.00pm or so, and usually I get like 8-9 hours sleep. If it's Friday or Saturday night though and we're having a big one, I go to bed whenever, or I don't go to bed at all.

I hate sleeping in any later than 10am... if I get up later than 10 I feel like the whole day is wasted.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 11:32:19 AM »

As soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm gone. Usually if I have uni/work the next day, I go to bed at about 10.30-11.00pm or so, and usually I get like 8-9 hours sleep. If it's Friday or Saturday night though and we're having a big one, I go to bed whenever, or I don't go to bed at all.

I hate sleeping in any later than 10am... if I get up later than 10 I feel like the whole day is wasted.

Me to, I always get up from 7 to 9 A.M.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 12:20:30 PM »

6-8 hours and Im fine. 5 hours is ok if I crash for half an hour in the afternoon. 9-10 hours is too much and I get a stiff neck and a headache.
I usually get 6-7 hours on weekdays, 7 is perfect. and 8 hours on weekends.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: