Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:54:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR outros
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR outros  (Read 10961 times)
Elrothiel
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2006, 01:49:03 PM »

I still think that Estranged has the best outro ever. ok
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2006, 01:55:08 PM »

i love the november rain outro, but when they play it on the radio they almost always cut it off!

the long note at the end of dont cry is irritating though.

overall i think guns n roses are one the best bands for outros.
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2006, 02:03:50 PM »

You're fucking kidding about Breakdown right? I was just casually reading this thread and this just stopped me cold. Fucking wow. Look. I understand this is all a subjective kind of thing but Breakdown? Man, to me, this is one of the bigger crimes GN'R has ever done musically. The last part of Breakdown anally rapes what is otherwise a beautiful song. This is example A of when I talk about GN'R losing their way and the missteps the UYI's had musically.

Fuck we have had countless discussions on this in the past here. Breakdown is such a fucking awesome thing but then some shit goes down that just stabs you in the balls. When the "Breakdown" part of the chorus kicks in it is "oh no time." But fuck that outro is one evil motherfucker aint it? I can't even bring myself to listen to that whole song. Half way through and booop. Skip time. What a fucking buzz kill that shit is.

I really think it is an unarguable fact (even though I know its subjective). I would love to see someone try and rationalize that bullshit. Its worse then Milkboy. Yea, I said it!

Hey, just want to add that I think Rocket Queen has the greatest true outro. Some of the ones you guys are saying aren't true outros...but whatever. RQ is some sweet masterpiece RNR.

Didn't Axl say the speech in Breakdown was the one thing on the UYIs he wasn't sure about. I can't remember where i heard that im just pretty sure he said its the one thing he wasn't happy with - maybe it was in 'The Band That Time Forgot'

I also agree with you, it takes the song in the wrong closing direction IMO, however i can still listen to the whole song

But Rocket Queen and Paradise City outro's are mind blowing

As someone said with PC its the perfect way to end a concert with the whole band going full out

i cant believe this!

breakdown outro!! the solo and the speech are amazing!!!

i love that outtro...another amazing outtro is locomotive

loooooovee so strangeee
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2006, 02:04:58 PM »

You're fucking kidding about Breakdown right? I was just casually reading this thread and this just stopped me cold. Fucking wow. Look. I understand this is all a subjective kind of thing but Breakdown? Man, to me, this is one of the bigger crimes GN'R has ever done musically. The last part of Breakdown anally rapes what is otherwise a beautiful song. This is example A of when I talk about GN'R losing their way and the missteps the UYI's had musically.

Fuck we have had countless discussions on this in the past here. Breakdown is such a fucking awesome thing but then some shit goes down that just stabs you in the balls. When the "Breakdown" part of the chorus kicks in it is "oh no time." But fuck that outro is one evil motherfucker aint it? I can't even bring myself to listen to that whole song. Half way through and booop. Skip time. What a fucking buzz kill that shit is.

I really think it is an unarguable fact (even though I know its subjective). I would love to see someone try and rationalize that bullshit. Its worse then Milkboy. Yea, I said it!

Hey, just want to add that I think Rocket Queen has the greatest true outro. Some of the ones you guys are saying aren't true outros...but whatever. RQ is some sweet masterpiece RNR.

Didn't Axl say the speech in Breakdown was the one thing on the UYIs he wasn't sure about. I can't remember where i heard that im just pretty sure he said its the one thing he wasn't happy with - maybe it was in 'The Band That Time Forgot'

I also agree with you, it takes the song in the wrong closing direction IMO, however i can still listen to the whole song

But Rocket Queen and Paradise City outro's are mind blowing

As someone said with PC its the perfect way to end a concert with the whole band going full out

i cant believe this!

breakdown outro!! the solo and the speech are amazing!!!

i love that outtro...another amazing outtro is locomotive

loooooovee so strangeee

I think the Outro to Twat will have more piano/orchestration by the time it is done. Wink
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2006, 02:14:50 PM »

I liked the outro to Brownstone! haha... Yowza!

I tend to think that Axl wouldn't want to lose that outro edge from GNRs of the past.  It's part of his style!

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2006, 02:44:10 PM »

Estranged outro is stellar but Dead horse was kilar man the way they wrapped it up was genious

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2006, 04:34:58 PM »

Rocket Queen and Locomotive outros are in the same level as Stairway to Heaven's one IMO! headbanger

Yeah definitely!? Everytime I hear RQ's outro I think of Chuck Klosterman's book about rock n roll and how he calls that outro "the best 2 minutes of rock ever created" or something like that.? Can't remember the exact quote or even the title of his book.?

The outro in Rocket Queen is the best thing i've ever heard in my life, it's so emotional, it's the best sound ever.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2006, 04:35:57 PM »

Its cool too i completely forgot obout RQ

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2006, 05:20:23 PM »

Rocket Queen and Locomotive outros are in the same level as Stairway to Heaven's one IMO! headbanger

Yeah definitely!? Everytime I hear RQ's outro I think of Chuck Klosterman's book about rock n roll and how he calls that outro "the best 2 minutes of rock ever created" or something like that.? Can't remember the exact quote or even the title of his book.?

The outro in Rocket Queen is the best thing i've ever heard in my life, it's so emotional, it's the best sound ever.

I was listening to the two in my head n' yeah they do seem pretty similar.
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2006, 05:21:43 PM »

more then pretty similar do u think he ment that wen he wrote them?

- Stewie Griffin-
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2006, 05:24:29 PM »

is the outro vocals or a solo?? I am not sure I never needed to answer such a question Angry
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2006, 05:27:28 PM »

I don't like fades, to me they show an innability to end a song. But there certainly were a lot on Guns albums...

Hey, my post faded out! hihi

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2006, 05:29:19 PM »

The last two minutes in Rocket Queen is the best outro of all time.

'nuff said.
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2006, 05:30:45 PM »

i stil like the outro exchange betterv ok

- Stewie Griffin-
Havoc907
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2006, 07:42:57 PM »

How about the last minute of CITR??? 
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2006, 07:44:40 PM »

ehhh im sketchy

- Stewie Griffin-
SlashDelonge
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2006, 07:58:06 PM »

mr. purple dick....hahahahahahahhahhaa

queer

jk, welcome to the boards
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2006, 08:00:20 PM »

its dick purple??? and hes not new

- Stewie Griffin-
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2006, 08:01:53 PM »

cant really tell but i think it would be estranged

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
Elrothiel
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2006, 08:24:43 PM »

Gotta say... I love Cornshucker's outro... rofl "Now lick it!"

rofl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: