Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:43:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR outros
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR outros  (Read 11014 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 10:52:31 AM »

Sweet Child anyone? Shocked
Yeah, how can I forget? SCOM is one of the bests outros indeed! :ok:
But Rocket Queen and Locomotive are still my favourites. Cheesy

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005, 01:04:52 PM »

Locomotive, SCOM, and Double Takin' Jive all have killer outros but to me, Breakdown's outro shits all over them Cheesy

Out of the new songs, Maddy has the best outro, Axl overlapping Robin's brilliant backup vocals is sheer bliss.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 01:14:51 PM »

Out of the new songs, Maddy has the best outro, Axl overlapping Robin's brilliant backup vocals is sheer bliss.

Right on man, I guess I change my previous thought and Maddy now ties with the Blues as best outro of the new songs.  I remember first hearing Madagascar and that was what really stuck out to me as being great.  I don't know what it is, but there's something about Robin's voice that mends well with Axl's. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 01:21:34 PM »

Right on man, I guess I change my previous thought and Maddy now ties with the Blues as best outro of the new songs.? I remember first hearing Madagascar and that was what really stuck out to me as being great.? I don't know what it is, but there's something about Robin's voice that mends well with Axl's.?

Listening to Maddy is like a rollercoaster ride. The intro and so on is so eerie and suspensful with that remarkable voice..then you get to the chorus and it kicks so much ass...get to the bridge/quotes on top of that sweet ass solo and theres just no goin back, this song has it all...finally the quotes/solo mount to a boiling point and then you get Axl and Robin doing a remarkable outro duet..its genious. I really hope we see alot of songs where Robin's vocals shine, and arent just background sounds. Maybe Robin will take up the Izzy role in the band and have a few tracks of his own Cheesy

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 02:27:14 PM »

I haven't heard maddy not IRS anyone have a link sorry to ask but couldn't find in th search I guess I'm bad at it.  Undecided
On topic The Breakdown outro it's one of the best the singing of the paranoic part it's excellent I'd say that those mood changes could fit exactly how Axl sometimes feels in certain days  nervous

No man can be my equal
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 01:10:23 AM »

live and let die has the worst intro, outro and middle.

Blame it on McCartney

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 07:53:48 AM »

live and let die has the worst intro, outro and middle.

What are you talking about, it is exactly the opposite. Live and let die is a fantastic song.

Anyway, my favourite outro is the spanish guitar in Double talking jive
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 08:00:09 AM »

Well, live and let die isnt exactly a GNR song now is it.

THE best outro IS from paradise city. ok

-------and time goes by-------
Elrothiel
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2005, 10:47:08 AM »

Personally I think Estranged's outro fucking rocks! ok

And dudes!! What about Civil War!!! That's a great outro! I think so anyway... Cool
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 06:14:57 PM »

Paradise City is THE best ending to a song ever. Also the best ending to a concert. Awesome guitar licks. HOOOOOME-----------HOOOOOOOOOME - YEAH!! And two minutes of the most amazing lead guitar vocals and just everything- awesome. Best part of the Live DVD. Just great

Brahman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2006, 06:23:08 PM »

More recently, I think that "the blues" outro is great.

that doesnt really have an outtro...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2006, 11:56:16 PM »

that doesnt really have an outtro...

Wow, someone must have fallen asleep while Richard was playing that killer outro he wrote specifically for The Blues.. Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2006, 01:06:29 AM »

Breakdown and also Patience are great. Not a huge fan of Don't Cry's...

Although is not a GNR song, Sympathy for the Devil's outro kicks ass too.

You're fucking kidding about Breakdown right? I was just casually reading this thread and this just stopped me cold. Fucking wow. Look. I understand this is all a subjective kind of thing but Breakdown? Man, to me, this is one of the bigger crimes GN'R has ever done musically. The last part of Breakdown anally rapes what is otherwise a beautiful song. This is example A of when I talk about GN'R losing their way and the missteps the UYI's had musically.

Fuck we have had countless discussions on this in the past here. Breakdown is such a fucking awesome thing but then some shit goes down that just stabs you in the balls. When the "Breakdown" part of the chorus kicks in it is "oh no time." But fuck that outro is one evil motherfucker aint it? I can't even bring myself to listen to that whole song. Half way through and booop. Skip time. What a fucking buzz kill that shit is.

I really think it is an unarguable fact (even though I know its subjective). I would love to see someone try and rationalize that bullshit. Its worse then Milkboy. Yea, I said it!

Hey, just want to add that I think Rocket Queen has the greatest true outro. Some of the ones you guys are saying aren't true outros...but whatever. RQ is some sweet masterpiece RNR.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:08:39 AM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2006, 01:18:48 AM »

smoke em if ya got em...dont damn me, baby

poop
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2006, 08:27:29 AM »

yeah i like that outro, too. but the demo was better imo.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2006, 12:40:19 PM »

yeah i like that outro, too. but the demo was better imo.
Havent heard the demo but I rather like the Intro, I think GNR has the best outro in a lot of songs, the difference they make when they are playing music is just amazing  ok

No man can be my equal
JAC185
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2006, 12:52:36 PM »

You're fucking kidding about Breakdown right? I was just casually reading this thread and this just stopped me cold. Fucking wow. Look. I understand this is all a subjective kind of thing but Breakdown? Man, to me, this is one of the bigger crimes GN'R has ever done musically. The last part of Breakdown anally rapes what is otherwise a beautiful song. This is example A of when I talk about GN'R losing their way and the missteps the UYI's had musically.

Fuck we have had countless discussions on this in the past here. Breakdown is such a fucking awesome thing but then some shit goes down that just stabs you in the balls. When the "Breakdown" part of the chorus kicks in it is "oh no time." But fuck that outro is one evil motherfucker aint it? I can't even bring myself to listen to that whole song. Half way through and booop. Skip time. What a fucking buzz kill that shit is.

I really think it is an unarguable fact (even though I know its subjective). I would love to see someone try and rationalize that bullshit. Its worse then Milkboy. Yea, I said it!

Hey, just want to add that I think Rocket Queen has the greatest true outro. Some of the ones you guys are saying aren't true outros...but whatever. RQ is some sweet masterpiece RNR.

Didn't Axl say the speech in Breakdown was the one thing on the UYIs he wasn't sure about. I can't remember where i heard that im just pretty sure he said its the one thing he wasn't happy with - maybe it was in 'The Band That Time Forgot'

I also agree with you, it takes the song in the wrong closing direction IMO, however i can still listen to the whole song

But Rocket Queen and Paradise City outro's are mind blowing

As someone said with PC its the perfect way to end a concert with the whole band going full out

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2006, 12:54:41 PM »

i like the live version of SCOM when axl goes "chiiiiiiiiiiiiillllddd,chiiiiiiiiiiiild,chaaaaiiiiaaaiiiiaaaaiiiiaaaiiiaaiiaaiiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiald of,miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnneeeeeyyyyeeeeaaaaahhhh"if that counts as an outro coz its live.if it doesnt then its paradise city all the way for me  peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2006, 01:12:57 PM »

Rocket Queen is EASILY the best outro to any Guns song.  I can literally play it over and over again.  Axl sounds amazing and slash is just going nuts.  It actually depresses me a little b/c its so amazing I always wonder what could have been.....sigh.  oh well.
not really sure why everyone is so giddy about locomotive.  GREAT SONG, but the outro usually gets the SKIP on my ipod.  I agree about the ending of BREAKDOWN being a waste of time too.  But to each their own.

SCOM as mentioned before, has a sick outro as well.  Same thing as Rocket Queen...Axl and Slash are just in a zone in those songs.  As corny as it sounds, its like magic...like a priveledge to get to listen to that!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2006, 04:22:53 PM »

I cant believe why people think breakdown has a sucky ending it is one of the greatest!! is very deferent for whatever song you have ever heard in history of music, thats why I keep saying GNR has the best fucking outro in the world, no one can compare them and that song is one of their masterpiece  Tongue

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: