Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:35:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Pepsi/Coca Cola
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pepsi/Coca Cola  (Read 15901 times)
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2006, 07:42:23 PM »

So, I'm a diabetic so I drink diet pop. But, if I had a choice to choose between Coke and Pepsi I would choose regular pepsi because I think Coke and Diet coke are just nasty especially diet coke.

So, I was wondering if people prefer coke or pepsi more.

http://www.aspartame.com/

http://aspartame.com/fox5.rm? ? ? ? ? ?< ----------? ?(This is really worth listening to)

Watch the trailer on the first page.

Thanks for the videos. Those were very imformative.

But, you should know SLCPunk that their are 2 sides to every story. And, out of all those 90 something symptons, I actually have one and those are the headaches and I don't even really get them anymore.

You should also consider that many people are suffering from other things than aspartame. I mean none of those people had proof that aspartame directly caused their illnesses.

Also, I won't be changing my drinking habits from some girl who claimed aspartame destroyed her life.

However, I am considering stopping and drinking all pop together and see what kind of changes I see after 2-3 weeks. It has to be 2-3 weeks cause I have to get over the withdrawals.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 07:47:57 PM by Markus Asraelius » Logged
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2006, 08:56:09 PM »

Coke   ok

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2006, 08:57:25 PM »

No one should ingest aspartame... that's why I like my Splenda!

GNRevolution... the missing link.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2006, 11:24:32 PM »

But, you should know SLCPunk that their are 2 sides to every story. And, out of all those 90 something symptons, I actually have one and those are the headaches and I don't even really get them anymore.

You should also consider that many people are suffering from other things than aspartame. I mean none of those people had proof that aspartame directly caused their illnesses.

I had a majority of those symptoms and when I stopped drinking diet coke, they went away. I also had a tumor removed from my hand.

If people go to the doctor and he says "Nothing is wrong" but they quit drinking diet sodas and the symtoms go away, then rest assured that is probably what was ailing them. To me, that is proof enough.

Others may have no problem with aspartame, just as others may smoke their entire life and not get cancer.

I have had doctors tell me not to drink that shit before and I wish I had listened to them.

There is also a reason they are switching over to Splenda these days. They won't admit it for liability, but they are switching over to Splenda (gum, foods etc) because it is (supposed to be) safer.

But hey, keep on drinking it up if you like. My wife's old boss drank the hell out of diet mountain dew. He also developed a tumor in his brain. It was not cancer, but it was not able to be removed with surgery. It created horrible headaches on a daily basis and made him one miserable person.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2006, 12:41:25 AM »

pepsi MAX!!!

man, there all turnin' to shit.....go the Sunkist or Solo...or some other shit!! ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2006, 11:30:38 AM »

I had a majority of those symptoms and when I stopped drinking diet coke, they went away. I also had a tumor removed from my hand.

If people go to the doctor and he says "Nothing is wrong" but they quit drinking diet sodas and the symtoms go away, then rest assured that is probably what was ailing them. To me, that is proof enough.

Others may have no problem with aspartame, just as others may smoke their entire life and not get cancer.

I have had doctors tell me not to drink that shit before and I wish I had listened to them.

There is also a reason they are switching over to Splenda these days. They won't admit it for liability, but they are switching over to Splenda (gum, foods etc) because it is (supposed to be) safer.

But hey, keep on drinking it up if you like. My wife's old boss drank the hell out of diet mountain dew. He also developed a tumor in his brain. It was not cancer, but it was not able to be removed with surgery. It created horrible headaches on a daily basis and made him one miserable person.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stop drinking it. What about caffeine pills? Are those safe?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2006, 11:45:04 AM »

Okay, so looking at the list of symptons, this is what I'm dealing with:
-headaches.
-minor anxiety attacks.
-Irritability
-Impotency and Sexual Problems (just kidding.)
-Phobias (I have a fear of crossing a street. I think that the cars are gonna hit me.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 11:50:20 AM by Markus Asraelius » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »

Pepsi.
but since I don't drink a lot of soda with sugar, or I don't really drink much soda at all, I usually go with diet Coke. Pepsi Max is the only Pepsi here without sugar, and it sucks bigtime!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 11:51:59 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2006, 11:51:01 AM »

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stop drinking it. What about caffeine pills? Are those safe?

use Ginseng pills (or make ginseng tea). perks you right up!

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2006, 11:52:43 AM »

use Ginseng pills (or make ginseng tea). perks you right up!

Okay, sounds great.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 12:27:35 PM by Markus Asraelius » Logged
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2006, 12:27:59 PM »

PEPSI ALL THE DAMN WAY

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2006, 06:56:35 PM »

Sorry im gonna have to disagree..... I say coke because of the taste and its colours u can soo tell pepsi is american and coke is canadian... i dont know if thats the truth but thats how im gonna justify my responce ok
Rock On peace

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2006, 07:33:02 PM »

coke isn't canadian.. nervous

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2006, 07:54:05 PM »

Coke is American because it declares a war on my insides.  Pepsi keeps the peace as it goes through...  Tongue  hihi

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2006, 11:30:51 AM »

Okay, so mark this down, I officially quit drinking diet pop and am drinking energy drinks now. They don't have aspartame in them, I checked.

So, wish me luck.

And thank you SLCPunk, you've been a huge influence on me.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2006, 12:18:36 PM »

Okay, so mark this down, I officially quit drinking diet pop and am drinking energy drinks now. They don't have aspartame in them, I checked.

So, wish me luck.

I noticed that.  I'm not criticizing SLC, he seems like a smart guy.  But you seem rather easily led.  I mean, in the end, isn't SLC just a guy on a message board?  And you are going to make health decisions based on his advice? 
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2006, 12:24:36 PM »

I'm not that easily led. But, I'm not hard-headed either. SLCPunk and I are pretty close so it's not like it's just another poster giving me advice.

I've heard for years about the dangers of aspartame and I just decided it was time to quit. One of these days, I'd like to stop drinking caffeine altogether but right now, I'm just planning on not drinking anything with aspartame in it and reducing the amount of caffeine intake.

Also take in mind that SLCPunk gave references to why I should stop. He just wanted me to consider the dangers of aspartame, it wasn't like he said, YOU HAVE TO STOP!

It would be like me telling my mom and sister, you have to stop smoking because you're gonna get CANCER!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

So, wish me luck.

I honestly don't see how energy drinks would be much better?
Prepare to start gaining lots of weight then... yes

Energy drinks don't have aspartame in them. And, I'm only drinking one everyday.

And, I'm scrawny so I could use a little bit of a weight lift.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2006, 05:05:49 PM »

I like Sobe No Fear.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2006, 09:34:06 AM »

As I said, I believe some people can tell a difference.? But I don't believe that if you like Pepsi, you could find Coke so disgusting as to refuse to drink it.? So if you order Pepsi in a restaurant and the waitress says "Coke ok?", if you say no, I say you are being pretentious.? Now let me add that I didn't know that either tastes different in other countries, so that I can't speak to.

As far as a blind taste test, I've known people who claim the same thing.? So we tested them, and when it was just pepsi and coke, several of them could? tell the difference.? But when we threw a third choice in, I think it was RC, no one could figure them out.? So again, I say, no cola flavored drink is all that different from the other.?

If you're ever in CT, you let me know.  We'll set it up. Smiley  I might not be able to pick out the difference between RC and Pepsi (they DO taste very similar to me), but I can tell you which one is Coke.

There is a pretty different taste to Coke and Pepsi, and, as I said, I can see having a decided preference.  I prefer Coke, but will drink Pepsi if there's no other Cola choice (If I'm hankering for cola, that is...I'm usually an iced tea drinker).  It's like anything else in this world.  It's not, IMHO, a matter of pretensiousness...it's a matter of preferences.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: