Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:26:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gn'R to be at Ozzfest??
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gn'R to be at Ozzfest??  (Read 49360 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2006, 03:13:34 PM »

http://www.therockradio.com/2006/02/guns-n-roses-for-ozzfest.html

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GnrAxl4life
Headliner

« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2006, 04:05:30 PM »

I actually know the guy who runs usarockfestivals.com. We used to work together at another website. He isnt too sure of who the headliners will be, but GNR is a strong rumor.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2006, 06:04:17 PM »

Eh, I don't really see it happening. Like someone said, the Ozzfest crowd is hardcore. I went one year in Nashville and the people are just insane, fighting and moshing. I just don't see that kinda crowd showing a lot of support for this band. We'd defintiely have to see how the album is (as far as rockers) before I'd put them in that line-up.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2006, 06:30:19 PM »

The first time Axl went diva on Sharon would be the last time, no matter what she's said about him in the past..

What would she do?  Throw eggs at him?  If Sharon couldn't handle Dickinson, I doubt she would be able to handle Axl.  Although, I seriously doubt GnR would play Ozzfest. 
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2006, 08:33:30 PM »

The first time Axl went diva on Sharon would be the last time, no matter what she's said about him in the past..

What would she do?? Throw eggs at him?? If Sharon couldn't handle Dickinson, I doubt she would be able to handle Axl.? Although, I seriously doubt GnR would play Ozzfest.?

hihi I think Axl would throw them back  hihi rofl

what she did to Iron is just beyond bad class.

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2006, 10:04:12 PM »

After the way Sharon treated Iron Maiden last year (mercks "other" boys) I'd be surprised if he would want Axl on her stage. Who knows though?

I think when we do get news it will be a shitload , single , album release date and tour news all in one huge lump.

I do think the same way, I mean Axl is eagear than Bruce and Sharon couldn't handle him, so I guess she has to think way better if she want GNR on stage.
though this is just a stupid rumor, if Sharon thought Bruce was an asshole, imagine the time she'd have with Uncle Axl.  hihi i just hope that if it is true, then this year, things will turn out better than last year's "Eggfest"  Angry

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2006, 12:00:42 AM »

If GNR does play Ozzfest I hope they come near me first because I guarantee they quit are piss of Sharon so much that they don't play any more of the shows.  I can see it no Sharon goes in to the GNR room and tells them they are on in 10 min. and Axl says we'll be out in a hour or two.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2006, 11:25:58 PM »

http://www.therockradio.com/2006/03/ozzfest-2006-info-leaked.html ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2006, 11:27:01 PM »

Complete OzzFest info is scheduled to be posted on Thursday, March 9th at 9:00 PM ET.

Where is it?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2006, 11:28:05 PM »

ozzfest.com

GnR wont be there. The rumor is AX7

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2006, 11:28:27 PM »

Complete OzzFest info is scheduled to be posted on Thursday, March 9th at 9:00 PM ET.

Where is it?

Ozzfest 2006 info leaked
Following weeks of online speculation and rumors, it appears certain that System Of A Down and Disturbed will be two of the main stage performers at this summer's edition of OzzFest. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania radio station WXDX has posted that the festival will stop in that area on July 25th and lists both bands as appearing. No other groups are mentioned, but sources have told us that Avenged Sevenfold is also heading to the main stage, while metalcore rockers Atreyu will co-headline the second stage. Complete OzzFest info is scheduled to be posted on Thursday, March 9th at 9:00 PM ET.

Atreyu is currently on the Taste Of Chaos tour and appeared at OzzFest two years ago. Frontman Alex Varkatzas told us he enjoys both but prefers the outdoor vibe at OzFest: "It's better 'cause you can go outside and do stuff. Like, if you wanna go, like, run around and be crazy, you can. You don't have to sit inside. That's the only thing about Taste of Chaos, is 'cause of the weather, it's a little more cramped."

Other rumored members of this year's line-up include Black Label Society, Bleeding Through and Unearth.

Big names such as Metallica, Godsmack and even Guns N' Roses have been linked to OzzFest in recent weeks as well.

This will be the first year that the festival is not headlined by either Ozzy Osbourne or Black Sabbath.
The Rock Radio online

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2006, 11:29:58 PM »

Where is it?

Ozzfest 2006 info leaked
Following weeks of online speculation and rumors, it appears certain that System Of A Down and Disturbed will be two of the main stage performers at this summer's edition of OzzFest. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania radio station WXDX has posted that the festival will stop in that area on July 25th and lists both bands as appearing. No other groups are mentioned, but sources have told us that Avenged Sevenfold is also heading to the main stage, while metalcore rockers Atreyu will co-headline the second stage. Complete OzzFest info is scheduled to be posted on Thursday, March 9th at 9:00 PM ET.

Atreyu is currently on the Taste Of Chaos tour and appeared at OzzFest two years ago. Frontman Alex Varkatzas told us he enjoys both but prefers the outdoor vibe at OzFest: "It's better 'cause you can go outside and do stuff. Like, if you wanna go, like, run around and be crazy, you can. You don't have to sit inside. That's the only thing about Taste of Chaos, is 'cause of the weather, it's a little more cramped."

Other rumored members of this year's line-up include Black Label Society, Bleeding Through and Unearth.

Big names such as Metallica, Godsmack and even Guns N' Roses have been linked to OzzFest in recent weeks as well.

This will be the first year that the festival is not headlined by either Ozzy Osbourne or Black Sabbath.
The Rock Radio online

I think he was refering to the Ozzfest info... where you can read about the lineup..

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2006, 11:30:20 PM »

Nevermind, System Of A Down is headlining:

http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=4412

Official Ozzfest 2006 Press Release

By Newsferatu, Writer
Thursday, March 9, 2006 @ 5:16 PM

System of a Down to headline main stage

Press Release:

?They came, they saw, they pumped fists,? wrote Entertainment Weekly last year about the fans who experienced the ?sweaty-heady essence? of the 10th anniversary of the king of festivals, the mighty OZZfest.

And now, amped up to 11, the summer?s premiere touring concert festival enters its second decade this July with clenched teeth and trademark invincible spirit. OZZfest will roll out [need launch date] and visit [need total #] cities, with a full itinerary due shortly.

Founder and namesake OZZY OSBOURNE is set to headline just 10 shows this summer. Why? ?Because after 10 years I feel it?s time to let someone else share the headlining spotlight. We want to shake it up a bit this year? says Ozzy. ?I?ve closed virtually every OZZfest performance for a decade now and I feel I can finally let other artists headline our festival and that?s my intention for the future.?

This year?s main stage lineup features headliner SYSTEM OF A DOWN and such formidable artists as DISTURBED, HATEBREED and LACUNA COIL. Fans can also expect a major main stage addition to be revealed on May 23rd. As testament to the tour?s undeniable impact on the music world, each of the announced main stage act (other than Ozzy himself) started out in the trenches on OZZfest?s down-and-dirty second stage and subsequently won the approval of the festival?s discerning followers. Both SYSTEM OF A DOWN and DISTURBED have gone on to enjoy multi-platinum sales for critically acclaimed albums that have entered the charts at #1. *(See artist quotes below.)

Headlining this year?s second stage as a perennial favorite is the Zakk Wylde-led BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, who blew fans away on the main stage last year. Joining them are such high-decibel bands whose names alone underline their fiercely uncompromising vision: ATREYU, UNEARTH, BLEEDING THROUGH, NORMA JEAN, A LIFE ONCE LOST, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, THE RED CHORD, FULL BLOWN CHAOS, WALLS OF JERICHO, ALL THAT REMAINS and BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME.

The tour will mark Ozzy Osbourne?s first solo concerts in three years (having headlined OZZfest with Black Sabbath in 2005 and 2004) and the 20th anniversary of guitarist Zakk Wylde being in his band. Ozzy will be debuting a new song at OZZfest from the solo album that he?s currently working on with Zakk (release date TBA). The as-yet-untitled disc will be Ozzy?s first solo album of new material since 2001.

?As we head into our eleventh year,? says tour founder Sharon Osbourne, ?OZZfest remains committed to its original vision of sharing this vibrant music and lifestyle that was and is still overlooked by the mainstream media. It?s something real that our audience understands--and demands and they?re undying support for this music is the reason for OZZfest?s continued success.? ?Ozzfest has thrived because of repeat business? OSBOURNE continues. Fans of this music know firsthand that Ozzfest offers them a full-day of music. We give them a chance to see the best of the new bands on the 2nd stage to the legends of the genre on the main stage. It?s the only place to see all of these bands on one show!?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2006, 11:31:44 PM »

Ozzy and Zakk back on stage together will be killer for those 10 dates.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2006, 11:33:25 PM »

Nevermind, System Of A Down is headlining:

http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=4412

Official Ozzfest 2006 Press Release

By Newsferatu, Writer
Thursday, March 9, 2006 @ 5:16 PM

System of a Down to headline main stage

Press Release:

?They came, they saw, they pumped fists,? wrote Entertainment Weekly last year about the fans who experienced the ?sweaty-heady essence? of the 10th anniversary of the king of festivals, the mighty OZZfest.

And now, amped up to 11, the summer?s premiere touring concert festival enters its second decade this July with clenched teeth and trademark invincible spirit. OZZfest will roll out [need launch date] and visit [need total #] cities, with a full itinerary due shortly.

Founder and namesake OZZY OSBOURNE is set to headline just 10 shows this summer. Why? ?Because after 10 years I feel it?s time to let someone else share the headlining spotlight. We want to shake it up a bit this year? says Ozzy. ?I?ve closed virtually every OZZfest performance for a decade now and I feel I can finally let other artists headline our festival and that?s my intention for the future.?

This year?s main stage lineup features headliner SYSTEM OF A DOWN and such formidable artists as DISTURBED, HATEBREED and LACUNA COIL. Fans can also expect a major main stage addition to be revealed on May 23rd. As testament to the tour?s undeniable impact on the music world, each of the announced main stage act (other than Ozzy himself) started out in the trenches on OZZfest?s down-and-dirty second stage and subsequently won the approval of the festival?s discerning followers. Both SYSTEM OF A DOWN and DISTURBED have gone on to enjoy multi-platinum sales for critically acclaimed albums that have entered the charts at #1. *(See artist quotes below.)

Headlining this year?s second stage as a perennial favorite is the Zakk Wylde-led BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, who blew fans away on the main stage last year. Joining them are such high-decibel bands whose names alone underline their fiercely uncompromising vision: ATREYU, UNEARTH, BLEEDING THROUGH, NORMA JEAN, A LIFE ONCE LOST, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, THE RED CHORD, FULL BLOWN CHAOS, WALLS OF JERICHO, ALL THAT REMAINS and BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME.

The tour will mark Ozzy Osbourne?s first solo concerts in three years (having headlined OZZfest with Black Sabbath in 2005 and 2004) and the 20th anniversary of guitarist Zakk Wylde being in his band. Ozzy will be debuting a new song at OZZfest from the solo album that he?s currently working on with Zakk (release date TBA). The as-yet-untitled disc will be Ozzy?s first solo album of new material since 2001.

?As we head into our eleventh year,? says tour founder Sharon Osbourne, ?OZZfest remains committed to its original vision of sharing this vibrant music and lifestyle that was and is still overlooked by the mainstream media. It?s something real that our audience understands--and demands and they?re undying support for this music is the reason for OZZfest?s continued success.? ?Ozzfest has thrived because of repeat business? OSBOURNE continues. Fans of this music know firsthand that Ozzfest offers them a full-day of music. We give them a chance to see the best of the new bands on the 2nd stage to the legends of the genre on the main stage. It?s the only place to see all of these bands on one show!?

so you mean that since soad is headlining that day, gn'r wont be there?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2006, 11:34:40 PM »

GnR won't be there cause that was just a rumor.. It will be Avenged Sevenfold since they already said they were approached by Ozzfest and it makes the most sence since they are a real hot band right now..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2006, 11:37:09 PM »

http://www.usarockfestivals.com/

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
AmyRose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2006, 12:40:46 AM »

it does also say...
 "MAJOR MAIN STAGE BAND TO BE ANNOUNCED ON MAY 23RD"

...hmmmm.
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2006, 02:59:37 AM »

it does also say...
 "MAJOR MAIN STAGE BAND TO BE ANNOUNCED ON MAY 23RD"

...hmmmm.

It is already confirmed to be Avenged Sevenfold.  I wonder why they have to wait til may to announce them?  Its not like they are a huge band or anything.

Skol Vikings
bookiedude
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2006, 03:01:53 AM »

They won't be at Ozzfest.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: