Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:50:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Downer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Downer  (Read 15358 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2006, 06:03:36 PM »

I was reading a few of the RS articles on this site and there was one with a story of Axl and what he's been up to. ?At the time, the music was 99% done with about 85% of the vocals done. ?They were calling for a summer release. ?I wonder how many guesses it will take to identify the year of the "release"?
a.2001
b. 2002
c.2003
d.2004
e.2005
f. none of the above Shocked

hihi hihi

it is common knowlege that slash lies and axl doesn't, cd would have been out if it wasn't for those ex members that want to see axl rose fail..
Elrothiel
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

SG seems to really be digging that sarcasm stuff. But come on, I mean really, you know what I mean, really, right?

Huh?

No I don't actually. I believe that once you're a fan, you should support that band with undying loyalty. But hey, that's just me. You do what you want. Just don't stoop to insulting Axl. Or I WILL be kicking your nuts. With steel capped DMs. ok
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2006, 06:07:38 PM »

I was under the impression that liking Slash, Axl, Izzy, Duff, Sorum,and Adler as a group didn't mean I HAD to like Axl and hate the rest of them once they moved on, and once again give their fans something to enjoy. Unlike Axl.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2006, 06:11:11 PM »

The fact of the matter is, the posters who have been on the forums starting with the original forum, saw the original band, have been through the ups and downs since 94, know not to be optimistic. ? All these new posters with their blind devotion To Axl amuses me. ?If these new posters have actually been through the times when there was going to be an album in 95, 96, 98, 2000, 2002, and now 2006, they will have a different tune. ?We've been endouring the rumors for far longer.

So, all you new guys have some respect. ?The reason why we do not have the "blind devotion" is because our "blind devotion" has worn thin into a "cautious devotion".

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2006, 06:12:10 PM »

I was reading a few of the RS articles on this site and there was one with a story of Axl and what he's been up to. ?At the time, the music was 99% done with about 85% of the vocals done. ?They were calling for a summer release. ?I wonder how many guesses it will take to identify the year of the "release"?
a.2001
b. 2002
c.2003
d.2004
e.2005
f. none of the above Shocked

hihi hihi

it is common knowlege that slash lies and axl doesn't, cd would have been out if it wasn't for those ex members that want to see axl rose fail..

actually, the article was stating a June/July 2000 release date hihi rofl

The new Guns N Roses album is tentatively titled Chinese Democracy and loosely scheduled for summer 2000.

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. I see the record being done Feb or March for a summer release.''

But time is of little consequence in the world of Axl Rose.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 06:15:11 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2006, 06:12:30 PM »

I was under the impression that liking Slash, Axl, Izzy, Duff, Sorum,and Adler as a group didn't mean I HAD to like Axl and hate the rest of them once they moved on, and once again give their fans something to enjoy. Unlike Axl.

Thats cool. You like paint by numbers music as long as its out now. Me, I don't lower my standards for anything.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2006, 06:12:56 PM »

No you don't understand everyone as a solo artist or even a collaboration sucks ass... Axl was the only one with talent, these boots prove he was the only one with talent..

I get on axl's ass because I loved his music growing up, I get on his ass because he (my feelings) has wasted so many years doing nothing in regards to releasing material... many try to justify the wait, or how he operates. Just because I am a fan doesn't mean I think what he does is right... it's like Oh he's axl rose he can do whatever he likes... That is true but it doesn't mean I will think it's cool.... I won't sit around defedning him sinc ehe bring this upon himself..

I love the ex members because they at least get out there and try.. Not everyone has to like their material, but at least they tour or give their fans something to enjoy... ? I'm a guy who likes to see concerts, listen to music, I am not the type that needs a song to be so perfect it takes 10 years.....
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2006, 06:17:38 PM »

No you don't understand everyone as a solo artist or even a collaboration sucks ass... Axl was the only one with talent, these boots prove he was the only one with talent..

I get on axl's ass because I loved his music growing up, I get on his ass because he (my feelings) has wasted so many years doing nothing in regards to releasing material... many try to justify the wait, or how he operates. Just because I am a fan doesn't mean I think what he does is right... it's like Oh he's axl rose he can do whatever he likes... That is true but it doesn't mean I will think it's cool.... I won't sit around defedning him sinc ehe bring this upon himself..

I love the ex members because they at least get out there and try.. Not everyone has to like their material, but at least they tour or give their fans something to enjoy... ? I'm a guy who likes to see concerts, listen to music, I am not the type that needs a song to be so perfect it takes 10 years.....

As quick as the others work together, Axl  could of worked on the their stuff and his stuff at the same time, and put out about a half dozen killer rock n roll albums and still been working on CD all at the same time. peace
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2006, 06:20:38 PM »

As quick as the others work together, Axl? could of worked on the their stuff and his stuff at the same time, and put out about a half dozen killer rock n roll albums and still been working on CD all at the same time. peace

that's it, axl could have released some really good material... Fuck IMO he could have released an album of what he has had for the past 6 years and made a damn good album... Basically after touring for over two years they all should have relaxed did solo things and got it out of their systems.. if direction was the problem then the solo issues would have been the outlet... GNR was tnt to be honest
Elrothiel
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2006, 06:22:54 PM »

Jeez this topic is turning into a real Downer!!

Can we not stop arguing for more than three minutes at a time!!? FFS!

I was having fun with that sarcasm thing. Then Mr Communist China had to come along and start goin' all serious on me!! *sulk*

Serious arguments = BORING AS HELL!! (especially when I've already had this argument a million times before! NO MORE!!)

Seeeee ya! *waves and runs away from the Dead Horse argy-bargy*
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2006, 06:26:32 PM »

Jeez this topic is turning into a real Downer!!

Can we not stop arguing for more than three minutes at a time!!? FFS!

I was having fun with that sarcasm thing. Then Mr Communist China had to come along and start goin' all serious on me!! *sulk*

Serious arguments = BORING AS HELL!! (especially when I've already had this argument a million times before! NO MORE!!)

Seeeee ya! *waves and runs away from the Dead Horse argy-bargy*

what'd she expect from a thread titled "downer" hihi she's not canadian by any chance rofl
Elrothiel
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2006, 06:45:29 PM »

No you fool! I'm English! hihi
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2006, 06:49:10 PM »

No you fool! I'm English! hihi

sorry Embarrassed
my bad, us American's living in the worst country and all hihi crying
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2006, 07:32:20 PM »

If you think these little mentions (leak reviews) piss people off now, just wait until the first CD reviews come out.

oh yeah, i can see it now. "15 years for this?"  Some critics have been waiting a long time to dig into Axl, and have already made their mind's up about the cd without even hearing it.                                                                                                                                                                                  Some people seem to have this preconceived notion that this cd is going to be some kind of breakthrough masterpiece. i attribute alot of that to the press/media. they've created most of the hype. i have never seen or read any interview with Axl referring to it as a masterpiece. People seem to think it's gonna revolutionize music or something. i don't think so. i think it'll be a great cd, probably better than anything to come out in the last 10-15 years, but it will be VERY difficult for it to live up to the hype.
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2006, 07:38:55 PM »

Yes but it may live up to he hype because everyone is waiting so long (did that make any sence)

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Elrothiel
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2006, 07:59:03 PM »

That makes sense.... but there are ALWAYS gunna be the jealous-as-fuck asshole critics who always find a reason to complain. Roll Eyes

But then again, they're the sort who would give a HOSPITAL a bad review!! hihi

Best thing to do is IGNORE ALL CRITICS and make your own mind up!! I'm sick of critics! Film critics, restaurant critics, hotel critics, fashion critics, music critics.... all of them can just rot in hell for all I care.

But then again, the people who ACTUALLY BELIEVE the critics can ALSO go to hell as they're all fucking sheep who have to have someone else to tell them what to think, what to wear, what to listen to, what to watch, what to eat, where to stay...

People! MAKE YOUR OWN MINDS UP!!! Or do you not HAVE minds of your own? Huh
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2006, 08:01:57 PM »

I hate critics .... they say all these movies are dumb and when i see them there awsome there just soo mainstream.. thats right mainstream

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Elrothiel
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2006, 08:11:10 PM »

Exactly. I have this image in my head of what a stereotypical critic looks like: One of those really picky "metrosexual" fags who go by what's IN FASHION (or if you're one of them... in VOGUE!) and who wear those stupid faggy French beret hats and shaven heads but with "designer stubble" Roll Eyes and they carry a "man bag".

Fucking critics.

They can suck my nonexistant cock. ok
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2006, 08:12:25 PM »

well luckey them hahaha  rofl rofl

- Stewie Griffin-
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2006, 08:12:32 PM »

That makes sense.... but there are ALWAYS gunna be the jealous-as-fuck asshole critics who always find a reason to complain. Roll Eyes

But then again, they're the sort who would give a HOSPITAL a bad review!! hihi

Best thing to do is IGNORE ALL CRITICS and make your own mind up!! I'm sick of critics! Film critics, restaurant critics, hotel critics, fashion critics, music critics.... all of them can just rot in hell for all I care.

But then again, the people who ACTUALLY BELIEVE the critics can ALSO go to hell as they're all fucking sheep who have to have someone else to tell them what to think, what to wear, what to listen to, what to watch, what to eat, where to stay...

People! MAKE YOUR OWN MINDS UP!!! Or do you not HAVE minds of your own? Huh

This post could be taken as complaining hihi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: