Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:05:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl going to get political on tour?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl going to get political on tour?  (Read 9948 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2006, 04:32:09 PM »

First of all, Duff wrote the lyrics to Civil War, which is why it's lyrics suck so much.

I have a really hard time imagining Axl as a big anti-war, anti-Bush guy.

Drums: Steven Adler
Bass: Duff
Lead and Rhythm Guitars / Acoustic Guitar: Slash
Vocals: Axl
Piano: Dizzy
Background Vocals: Duff, Dizzy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio: N/A

Single: "Civil War"
Video: No

Written by: "Civil War" was written by Slash, Duff and Axl. Axl wrote most of the lyrics, but Duff may have written some too.
Written in: "Civil War" was written in or before 1990.

Performed live: "Civil War" was usually played during the Use Your Illusion tour. However it was dropped on the last legs of the tour. It was performed for the first time at Farm Aid, April 7, 1990, in Indianapolis, IN.

Additional Information: Steven played drums on "Civil War", and his former bandmates claimed he had to do 70 takes, to get it correct. It's the only song on the album that features Steven on drums.

GFortusR
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2006, 04:34:23 PM »

look people against attacking countries that shouldn't have been attacked support the men & women in the military..........what they don't support is the morons who treat them like pawns in a chess game without any regard for the troops lives (evident by the great planning) and send them to attack a country they had no business attacking.........i.e.......Bin Laden still alive.......I hope Axl does Bash Bush........cause with the speed at which he is taking away our liberties.........you might as well add American Democracy to the wishes of Chinese Democracy......"feed the rich while it buries the poor".........how many more billions & oil does halliburton want?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2006, 04:35:24 PM »

BTW.. im Canadian.. and guys.. i know the majority of u are American but the only locations set to tour are out of North America.. so hold off this whole political shit till we hear some Detroit, LA, NY and Toronto shows..

Hes not gonna rant about bush to the fuckin Euros u idiots.

um, the US isn't the only country with troops in Iraq.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2006, 04:36:02 PM »

BTW.. im Canadian.. and guys.. i know the majority of u are American but the only locations set to tour are out of North America.. so hold off this whole political shit till we hear some Detroit, LA, NY and Toronto shows..

Hes not gonna rant about bush to the fuckin Euros u idiots.

um, the US isn't the only country that has or has had troops in Iraq.

Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2006, 04:39:09 PM »

IT has the majority though Wink

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2006, 04:41:42 PM »

Absolutely, but that guy is an "idiot" if he thinks some Euro countries don't care about the war - tell that to all the families of the deceased or the cities (madrid, london to name two) who were victims of terror attacks......

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2006, 04:44:12 PM »

Absolutely, but that guy is an "idiot" if he thinks some Euro countries don't care about the war - tell that to all the families of the deceased or the cities (madrid, london to name two) who were victims of terror attacks......

he's canadien, doesn't that pretty much explain everything hihi
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2006, 04:46:24 PM »

Hey im canadian too .... and i can see his point and urs.. u probably hate being called the most crappy country hahaha  rofl hihi JK

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2006, 05:18:58 PM »

Hey im canadian too .... and i can see his point and urs.. u probably hate being called the most crappy country hahaha? rofl hihi JK

I just wish all these people would stop immigrating here, it's so crappy, there's plenty of land available in Northern Canada rofl
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 05:29:13 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2006, 05:23:43 PM »

Candada ? lol

- Stewie Griffin-
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2006, 05:29:28 PM »

Candada ? lol

huh?
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2006, 05:30:12 PM »

niice switch their dont think i didnt see it

- Stewie Griffin-
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2006, 05:45:16 PM »

This thread is a PERFECT example of why he shouldn't get political on the tour.... no one can agree and you just end dividing your fanbase and opening the door for influential forces (like Fox News) to come in and totally misconstrue everything and deal a near death blow to your career...

Axl can express his politics through his art... but he's not a goddamn policy wonk, and he shouldn't be delivering speeches from stage... or in the media...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2006, 06:05:32 PM »

This thread is a PERFECT example of why he shouldn't get political on the tour.... no one can agree and you just end dividing your fanbase and opening the door for influential forces (like Fox News) to come in and totally misconstrue everything and deal a near death blow to your career...

Axl can express his politics through his art... but he's not a goddamn policy wonk, and he shouldn't be delivering speeches from stage... or in the media...

Exactly, see how quickly this thread became a debate about issues not related to music. Axl is a musican, that's what he does best and that's what he should focus on.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2006, 06:10:19 PM »

Exactly, see how quickly this thread became a debate about issues not related to music. Axl is a musican, that's what he does best and that's what he should focus on.

even if he's been a little delayed in giving the public new material Wink
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2006, 06:12:40 PM »

For all the newbies: 

Roll Eyes or  rofl  rofl  rofl doesn't qualify as a post here, so don't bother posting that kind of stuff unless you have something to add. If there are no words in your post, don't click Post.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2006, 06:14:29 PM »

Yes.. and Europeans just love the US dont they...

that explains why Americans have Maple leafs on their backpacks in europe..

All im saying is US... not world... US politics should stick in the US shows... not in  the Portuguese and Denmark shows.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2006, 06:25:44 PM »

An album called Chinese Democracy, if that isn't a political statement what is? Axl must have some feelings about the subject and would find normal if he rant about it, what's the big deal? It's fine if talks sh**t abou is former band mates, press, ex girlfriends ......Well i already know what he thinks about that, i would like to know what he thinks of the interantional politic's of our days, it does afect your life and the world around you, so ?why get bumed to year the ideias of an artist you admire, on the subject?

Of subject
Portugal has peace keeping forces in Iraque, yes we care. Portuguese government held a meeting with spain/uk/usa where the support for the invasion was granted, of the country's present so far we're the only not to suffered major terrorist attack. Can you understand how much we care? Considering that the dismiss of Iraque as a power in the region made Iran so much stonger (by the way they do have weapons of mass destruction and it seams they want to use it) everyone should care. ?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2006, 06:30:04 PM »

An album called Chinese Democracy, if that isn't a political statement what is? Axl must have some feelings about the subject and would find normal if he rant about it, what's the big deal? It's fine if talks sh**t abou is former band mates, press, ex girlfriends ......Well i already know what he thinks about that, i would like to know what he thinks of the interantional politic's of our days, it does afect your life and the world around you, so ?why get bumed to year the ideias of an artist you admire, on the subject?

Of subject
Portugal has peace keeping forces in Iraque, yes we care. Portuguese government held a meeting with spain/uk/usa where the support for the invasion was granted, of the country's present so far we're the only not to suffered major terrorist attack. Can you understand how much we care? Considering that the dismiss of Iraque as a power in the region made Iran so much stonger (by the way they do have weapons of mass destruction and it seams they want to use it) everyone should care. ?

good points, an album with China and Democracy in the title without politics
oxymoron anyone?
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

As a tax paying US citizen he has every right to voice his opinions.  We all have that right, and we all should be speaking out.  It's not speaking out that has gotten our country into this mess.  No more rolling over for crooks and liars.

That said, he's got quite a bit of singing to catch up on, so..........

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: