Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:11:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl going to get political on tour?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl going to get political on tour?  (Read 9973 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 02:55:35 PM »

So if Axl speaks out against all the Bush-shit going on, he doesn't support the troops?  What a load of shite.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 02:57:49 PM »

any boody know wher the got homa drunk thred is cuz i cunt find it.phyew i cant cee straight n my heads finning  confused

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 03:03:07 PM »

First of all, Duff wrote the lyrics to Civil War, which is why it's lyrics suck so much.

I have a really hard time imagining Axl as a big anti-war, anti-Bush guy.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Jonathan
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 03:05:58 PM »

First of all, Duff wrote the lyrics to Civil War, which is why it's lyrics suck so much.

The lyrics to Civil War were written by Slash, Duff and Axl.

"which is why it's lyrics suck so much", what are you talking about?

I would like to see you write something better.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 03:07:46 PM by I have a good title » Logged
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 03:08:46 PM »

Being from Indiana he probably still has some of those conservitive views of the Midwest. ?More than likely, if he gets political, it will be about some little known dictator in Nepal or something crazy because we all know that crazy is as crazy does!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 03:10:57 PM »

Anyone ever hear Eddie Vedders rant about Bush and the war?  Its hysterical.  The guy can't form a coherent sentence.  he set the anti war movement back years.  douche bag haha.  Its really funny, i'lll look it up on youtube later.

As for Axl, I doubt he'll say anything UNLESS he plays civil war, and even then it would be subtle - I don't see him saying anything else - just doesn't strike me as the type.  LIke someone else said, he'll have enough things to rant about besides a BS war. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 03:11:59 PM »

Axl probably feels the same about this Iraq war as did the first one.

In 91 he said something like, "Nobody wanted a war, but now that we're there its pretty stupid to root for the other side."

Axl may not have agreed with the invasion, but he isn't going to do anything to undermine it at this point.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 03:16:45 PM »

I distinctly remember a radio interview with Duff (sometime in 92) where he said he wrote all of the lyrics to Civil War. ?He said he wrote it based on a memory he had as a child being with his mom at an anti-Nam rally. ?

And I'm sorry to say, but those are some of the worse lyrics in a GNR song, ever. ?Beyond cheesy. ?The chorus might have been written by Axl (it sounds like more his style of writting) but the main song is definately Duff's bad, junior high writting style.

But that's just my opinion.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 03:17:08 PM »

thats pretty cool what Axl said - makes a lot of sense.

But, I get so annoyed when people say, "Oh you're against the war, well you don't support the troops then!!!"   Roll Eyes

I mean, how f'ing DUMB can you be?  Who WOULDN'T support our troops?  I think a big reason people don't is because we want the troops to come home safe!  They're the reason most people don't support it!   

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2006, 03:21:25 PM »

Hey, if he makes a bold, solid statement before the playing of Civil War... stirring up some contreversy wouldnt be bad... he is very well known for his public comments... lol... like someone once said...

Eminem is Axl Rose Version 2.0

King of Contreversy

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 03:26:23 PM »

BTW.. im Canadian.. and guys.. i know the majority of u are American but the only locations set to tour are out of North America.. so hold off this whole political shit till we hear some Detroit, LA, NY and Toronto shows..

Hes not gonna rant about bush to the fuckin Euros u idiots.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 03:29:12 PM »

First of all, Duff wrote the lyrics to Civil War

Id like to see some more on this.

Its that hard for you, huh?  The rest of his band seems to be "anti-Bush," which doesnt necessarily mean he is but it somehow makes it a bit easier to imagine such a thing.

"Nobody wanted a war, but now that we're there its pretty stupid to root for the other side."

Who was rooting for Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War?

Calm down there wise one, Europeans are usually the first to hear complaints about an American artists home goverment...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 03:32:59 PM »

Before Civil War on the bot I had He said basically it was BS to go to war but since we're there, you'd be an asshole not to support our troops

or something to that effect, of course, it was a very short war
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2006, 03:34:21 PM »

First of all, Duff wrote the lyrics to Civil War

Id like to see some more on this.

Its that hard for you, huh?  The rest of his band seems to be "anti-Bush," which doesnt necessarily mean he is but it somehow makes it a bit easier to imagine such a thing.

"Nobody wanted a war, but now that we're there its pretty stupid to root for the other side."

Calm down there wise one, Europeans are usually the first to hear complaints about an American artists home goverment...

Yeah.. but tell me this, do they care? And when have u seen axl rant to the europeans?

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2006, 03:34:43 PM »

I'm sick of those musicians talking about politics. That's not their job. When I go to a gig I want to hear MUSIC, not political opinion. Roll Eyes

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2006, 03:39:50 PM »

Actually, the clip is on mygnr.com.  He said this,

"Anybody that has a brain at all wasn't too excited with the concept of going to war, but once we were in it, I think you were a fuckin asshole not to fuckin root for our side."

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »

Some of the best songs ever have been influenced by politics. ?The 2 blended together make very powerful songs. ?Dylan made a career of it, so did Rage Against the Machine and System of a Down, MC5, Sex Pistols, etc. ?Politics affects us all and to deny that is to deny the truth so it is only natural for these artists to express their opinions. ?I would if I had 35,000 people listening to my every word.
Jonathan
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2006, 03:59:53 PM »

I distinctly remember a radio interview with Duff (sometime in 92) where he said he wrote all of the lyrics to Civil War. ?He said he wrote it based on a memory he had as a child being with his mom at an anti-Nam rally. ?

And I'm sorry to say, but those are some of the worse lyrics in a GNR song, ever. ?Beyond cheesy. ?The chorus might have been written by Axl (it sounds like more his style of writting) but the main song is definately Duff's bad, junior high writting style.

But that's just my opinion.

Wait, wait, wait.

You think that the Civil War lyrics, is beyond cheesy? Oh, my god.

I don't really get how you see it, please explain how you think they're cheesy as hell.

Worst GN'R lyrics ever? Pffffft. It's only your opinion and I respect it, but I want an explanation.

I want to see that interview if you can get hold of it too.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 04:04:49 PM by I have a good title » Logged
Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2006, 04:17:23 PM »

I hope he doesnt get political.  Im in the Army and dont need people living in Hollywood in their million dollar mansions telling me that what Im doing is wrong and the war is bad.  Springsteen is an idiot.  I think its funny he trys to make blue collar songs and he was never blue collar he just likes people to think that. It would be really disapointed to wait 15 years for an album then when it comes out and he tours all he talks about is politics.  I dont think he will but you never know.  Its not like Axl is a tree hugging liberal. Song "One in a Million" tell you anything.  Not saying I agree with that song or that republicans agree with it but liberals usually try to associate republicans as being racist and hating homosexuals.  Even though that song has nothing to do with being racist people who dont know the story behind that song think it is.  Im also  sure Axl has gotten some very good tax breaks from the government.  By the way I dont think it was Tommy who said that stuff about Bush I think it was Dizzy Reed. He was complaining about Bush being against Gay marriage or something.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2006, 04:31:12 PM »

BTW.. im Canadian.. and guys.. i know the majority of u are American but the only locations set to tour are out of North America.. so hold off this whole political shit till we hear some Detroit, LA, NY and Toronto shows..

why not, all the euro's fucking hate bush......he's probably get a standing ovation before he sang his first note rofl hihi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: