Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:46:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl going to get political on tour?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl going to get political on tour?  (Read 9944 times)
DCGNR2006
« on: March 21, 2006, 11:59:31 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks that it is going to get ugly this time around? When I saw the 2002 MSG show, we had not yet invaded Iraq, and Axl said nothing remotely political, but I gotta believe he's got some things to say this time around, once that microphone is in his hand again. It's kind of scary actually if you listen to the lyrics of Civil War, and how he could relate that song to what's going today. Now I don't know for sure what his take is on everything, but I can't believe he's exactly a fan of Bush & Friends -  I hope he does'nt bring anything up, but I'm pretty sure it will happen -
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 12:04:28 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks that it is going to get ugly this time around? When I saw the 2002 MSG show, we had not yet invaded Iraq, and Axl said nothing remotely political, but I gotta believe he's got some things to say this time around, once that microphone is in his hand again. It's kind of scary actually if you listen to the lyrics of Civil War, and how he could relate that song to what's going today. Now I don't know for sure what his take is on everything, but I can't believe he's exactly a fan of Bush & Friends -? I hope he does'nt bring anything up, but I'm pretty sure it will happen -

he did at the beginning of the Illusion tour during the 1st Gulf War
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 12:09:45 PM »

He'll be talking about bringing democracy to China and freeing the Dali Lama.  Axl has been recruited to sew the seeds of democratic revolution in China by Bush. 
godiva
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 01:00:52 PM »

I have a feeling Axl would not rant about political stuff. Not really his thing. he'll probably rant about stuff that's going on in his own life. I do know that Tommy said some stuff on the Iraq war, but I can't remember what exactly it was. Maybe somebody with a better memory? As I recall he wasn't too friendly about Bush. But then again, I guess only Axl is allowed to rant on stage  hihi Imagine Tommy grabbing the mic from Axl to rant and gets fired on stage. Anybody in the crowd knows how to play bass? Come on up here, we need a replacement....
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 01:03:18 PM »

I have a feeling Axl would not rant about political stuff. Not really his thing. he'll probably rant about stuff that's going on in his own life. I do know that Tommy said some stuff on the Iraq war, but I can't remember what exactly it was. Maybe somebody with a better memory? As I recall he wasn't too friendly about Bush. But then again, I guess only Axl is allowed to rant on stage? hihi Imagine Tommy grabbing the mic from Axl to rant and gets fired on stage. Anybody in the crowd knows how to play bass? Come on up here, we need a replacement....

The ingenius thing is that Axl says "We need a replacement." hahaha... Tommy was in The Replacements!  great pun, and I bet you didn't even try it!  rofl rofl
 hihi

GNRevolution... the missing link.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 01:11:55 PM »

Who cares what Axl has to say about politics?

That's like attending a football game and expecting Tom Brady to stop playing to give you advice on cooking beans.
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 01:14:28 PM »

Axl will leave the liberal biast up to Springsteen and other hollywood types I hope.  Jesus, am I sick of that crap.  Not everyone in America feels this way by the way.  I have 5 of my good friends in Iraq and they are proud of what they are doing.  Am I am proud of them. 

Ritz Reeves III
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 01:15:21 PM »

Sorry, I meant to say I agree with DunkinDave.  Leave politics out of this. 

Ritz Reeves III
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 01:15:27 PM »

I have a feeling Axl would not rant about political stuff. Not really his thing. he'll probably rant about stuff that's going on in his own life. I do know that Tommy said some stuff on the Iraq war, but I can't remember what exactly it was. Maybe somebody with a better memory? As I recall he wasn't too friendly about Bush. But then again, I guess only Axl is allowed to rant on stage? hihi Imagine Tommy grabbing the mic from Axl to rant and gets fired on stage. Anybody in the crowd knows how to play bass? Come on up here, we need a replacement....

The ingenius thing is that Axl says "We need a replacement." hahaha... Tommy was in The Replacements!? great pun, and I bet you didn't even try it!? rofl rofl
 hihi

hahah hihi
I love this board ?peace

shit happens when you party naked
DCGNR2006
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 01:28:09 PM »

Axl will leave the liberal biast up to Springsteen and other hollywood types I hope.? Jesus, am I sick of that crap.? Not everyone in America feels this way by the way.? I have 5 of my good friends in Iraq and they are proud of what they are doing.? Am I am proud of them.?

I'm proud of your boys as well, my friend. I hope you're right and he will leave the liberal crap out as well -
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 01:29:56 PM »

I hope he does.  ok

gator
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 01:34:31 PM »

Axl's views on politics would be the last thing I'd want to hear at a concert. It's bad enough we get every other Hollywood star's self-righteous political agenda shoved down our throats at every turn. If I go to a concert I'm paying to hear music, not ill-informed political rants.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 01:37:47 PM by gator » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »

I hope he does.? ok

Why?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 01:48:53 PM »

why not? thousand of people have died in iraq and one of the main themes of guns n roses deal with is 'war'.
VelvetGoldman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 01:55:25 PM »

If it's well put, why not. Something concise and incisive.
 peace
godiva
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 02:00:40 PM »

Hm, I believe Axl once said (in a very old interview with Del James if I'm correct) he doesn't even vote, because he can't be bothered. That's why I think he hardly ever says anything you can consider political.
McDuff
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 02:29:30 PM »

I hope he isn't stupid and get political,politics is stupid in the first place  peace
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 02:31:08 PM »

i agree politics is soo gay! he would really change if he got into politics. Look at schwartzengarer (spelling) no

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 02:33:48 PM »

Axl's views on politics would be the last thing I'd want to hear at a concert. It's bad enough we get every other Hollywood star's self-righteous political agenda shoved down our throats at every turn. If I go to a concert I'm paying to hear music, not ill-informed political rants.

I could not have said it better myself. If I want to hear a polictical speech, I'll go to a political rally, not a rock concert. And I can't stand millionaire entertainers preaching about how there is so much injustice in the world. I remember when I went to a Velvet Revolver concert, Scott went off on a five minute rant in the middle of "Big Machine" about how bad corporations are, and I just remember thinking how stupid he sounded considering the fact that he is in a band signed to a major record label that has their cd in every major retailer in the country. I just wonder if he ever realised the irony of it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 02:37:16 PM »

i agree politics is soo gay! he would really change if he got into politics. Look at schwartzengarer (spelling) no

Ever heard Civil War?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: