Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:36:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  a single and a video would be great
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: a single and a video would be great  (Read 4582 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: March 21, 2006, 08:39:46 AM »

do you think this will happen at least a month before the album would be coming out??  I think even if you have no album it would be smart to get at least a single on the radio just for everyone to get a taste of the new material... I mean if you weren't looking for boots n demos this band might be rather new to you..  I think it would be great to have at least a single out before the tour starts..

Please use better Subject titles... /Christos
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 08:54:49 AM by Christos AG » Logged
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 08:44:38 AM »

I imagine a single will come out in April or May and the album a month later, but who knows. I doubt they want to tour without any new material out like they did last time though.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 08:47:42 AM »

I think they will have new material for sure in the shows themselves... I just think it would be cool to have a single just to know axl was back even if you weren't going to a show or even knew there was one.. A cool video would be nice too
Dellorto
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 08:50:45 AM »

I think Axl will not repeat same mistake done in last tour. the album will be released in april almost together with the videoclip. peace

are you ready?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 08:53:21 AM »

I think Axl will not repeat same mistake done in last tour. the album will be released in april almost together with the videoclip. peace

I hope they get some promo started quickly, it's already approaching April..
badapple81
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 08:53:34 AM »

I agree with the above.

I have always said that Axl would not start a US tour without an album this time and would do these festival and Euro dates first with maybe a single around this time.

Now it seems this Euro tour is a full first leg of a tour! I really think the album is possible between April and May, perhaps just before RIR!
badapple81
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 08:54:40 AM »

I hope they get some promo started quickly, it's already approaching April..

I would hope by April that their website would at least be updated as that is only a month before they start the tour!

Don't worry, after all this time, they would have a plan worked out  ok
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 08:57:29 AM »

I don't know...in fact...I was thinking about this the other day. The days of 'the single' seem to be over. Although we have iTunes and sources like that, people don't go out and buy singles anymore. Same thing with the 'music video.' That seems to have fallen by the wayside a long time ago. You used to hear a song and all your friends would run to the record store to find the single (which you would play in the car on the way home over and over again and then immediately incorporate it into a new 'mix tape'). Then the question was, "did you catch the video?" and you wouldn't rest until you did...but that wasn't so hard since it was back in the day when MTV played music videos.

I guess what I'm getting at is that singles and videos are NOT what they used to be (even ten years ago). Although radio play is still important, more and more people that listen to rock are listening to satellity radio which ends up playing anything off any album...and the idea of 'the single' is looked over.

The only thing releasing a single would accomplish is getting everyone's attention...including pirates. Although a new GN'R single would garner much attention, it would also hint as to when the album was coming out and, in the end, you'll have it leaked before it does. Keep in mind, I am of the persuasion that the leaked demos were purposeful (maybe to be played this summer on tour). I think Axl wants to beat the pirates at their game just as much as he wants this album to be great. A 'single' is no longer the entity it once was and I don't think a single will be made available until after the album is released.

The only exception to this is IF there IS, in fact, a Da Vinci Code soundtrack song. In which case the single would only threaten the soundtrack and NOT CD.

BTW...has anyone checked the newest DaVinci Code trailer for GN'R music? I would, but I'm still reading the book and don't want to be spoiled by any scenes in it. Here's the link...check it out and see if you haven't already...

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1418215&sdm=web&qtw=480&qth=300

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 09:21:27 AM »

Trailer for The Da Vinci Code
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382625/trailers-screenplay-X29020-10-2

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 09:31:01 AM »

great ...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 09:51:23 AM »

no new songs in that trailor and no scenes from the film either  Cry

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 11:47:41 AM »

In my opinion, I'd say you'll have Chinese Democracy before or possibly during the tour.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 02:10:22 PM »

In my opinion, I'd say you'll have Chinese Democracy before or possibly during the tour.

Do you have any strong point why it will come out before the tour?
I hope you are right...

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 02:13:45 PM »

I say the euro tour will be over before you'll have CD. Mabey, maybe a single sometime during the tour. But probably not.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 02:15:31 PM »

Do you have any strong point why it will come out before the tour?

He does, actually. Logic.

But things don't happen logicaly with GNR, so in effect, it's a weak point, not a strong one.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 02:41:04 PM »

Ur right nothing really happens in a regular order for GNR look at their last tour it ... in my opinion was horrible but this one should be great . I respect that he tried the last time i just think he tried to make everyone think he was done the album and make them not give up hope

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 04:10:34 PM »

I'd just prefer a single since i never watch MTV or VH1 as all they play is stupid TV shows hihi
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 04:50:46 PM »

I dont watch music vids on tv its the computer for me ... music vids on dmand now u can get better then that

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 05:14:48 PM »

I dont watch music vids on tv its the computer for me ... music vids on dmand now u can get better then that

I wonder if axl would ever be talking to TRL or Kurt loder...  MTV will be big for the gnr name.. They might have one of those days on mtv 2 where they play nothing but gnr songs/vids like they do when other artists with a long list of videos get before a new album
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 05:20:24 PM »

they do that lol

- Stewie Griffin-
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: