Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 01:00:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 12480 times)
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2006, 04:58:39 PM »

OK i was a little too ranty but i never really liked slash but i guess hes a excellent guitarist just not better then Some yes

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2006, 05:04:02 PM »

OK i was a little too ranty but i never really liked slash but i guess hes a excellent guitarist just not better then Some yes

No problem... Maybe I'm old school but it's just weird to hear someone likes gnr but hates slash... That would be like loving queen but hating brian may or any other guitar rock group.. 
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2006, 05:06:45 PM »

No problem... Maybe I'm old school but it's just weird to hear someone likes gnr but hates slash... That would be like loving queen but hating brian may or any other guitar rock group..?

yeah that's a real shitty solo in SCOM and a even shittier outro at the end of PC rofl rofl
that guy Slash can play worth a dirty tampon rofl
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2006, 05:08:12 PM »

haha well i think ur doing that on purpose now  peace

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2006, 05:17:13 PM »

haha well i think ur doing that on purpose now? peace

good guess ok
just havin fun peace
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »

What did the original poster mean by Just another album Huh

- Stewie Griffin-
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2006, 05:25:15 PM »

Thats what i hate is when people are judged because of appearence like axl is a mastermind at music hes a genious and there are plenty better guitarists then slash like i think fink is amazing but thats besides the point. the point is is that slash gets all the attention because he is a froed moron!

Slash looks like a moron? Oh, I guess I'll change my avatar then. Thanx for telling me, your stellar argument has changed my mind.

Oh, the original poster meant Average or Epic.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
McDuff
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2006, 07:39:04 PM »

When it's released do you think people will listen to it for hype purposes then that'll be it?  I don't, from what i've heard of it so far it sounds like it's gonna be a extraordinary record. I think this is what the music industry needs, seriously good music which has taken time an effort to make instead of being knocked up and fed to the masses.

Can you see CD being a landmark rock record?

since none of has heard the album we don't know what it sounds like for all we know it could sound like shit,but I think it'll be a great album  yes
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2006, 08:05:23 PM »

O ya i think everyone would say its gonna sound awsome but there is a chance it could sound like crap on a stick but we wont care well be glad we have the album finally ... then about 5 weeks later we will be saying now what! lol rofl rofl hihi

- Stewie Griffin-
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2006, 04:31:56 AM »

I've been browing through this message board for a couple days before finally deciding to register; it seems to me that there are a lot of Axl haters on here, which makes no sense considering this is a GNR message board. I have no idea what the hell they're doing here. Anyways ....

I haven't heard any of the songs that were recently leaked online. I don't want to either. For some reason I don't think Axl would want me to hear them now, so I'd rather not. It's like your mom offering to give you your Christmas presents on Thanksgiving. I'd like to unravel that great prize later, although I've waited MANY, MANY Christmases. I've heard a few live tracks from the 2002 tour; and I already think "The Blues" is the best thing I've heard in years.

I think Chinese Democracy will enter the charts at number one. There are a ton of GNR fans that will rush out to buy it right away. And there are many more that will buy it just to see what all the wait has been about. I also believe many people are going to be disappointed and I believe there are many Axl-haters just crouching in the ditch and salivating at the mouth in eagerness of being able to say how bad the album sucks. People are going to say "We waited a decade for THIS?!?!" But people are idiots. It's just like people were disappointed with the UYI albums; everybody whined and bitched and complained that "This doesn't sound like AFD!!!!" And everybody and their Mr. Brownstone dancing mother has made their own track list of the ULTIMATE UYI album and how it would've been the biggest thing ever, but no, "Axl had to be stupid and put a bunch of filler on his CDs." Whatever. Just "get in the ring" motherfuckers and "suck my ass!"

Axl Rose has always done his own thing, and that's why he kicks so much ass. He doesn't give a shit what people say about him; he goes out and he does things HIS way; and he isn't afraid to take risks. GNR were always changing their sound, which I believe is good; they adapted and evolved. (Is it just me? Or does nearly every Bon Jovi song sound EXACTLY the same???) If Axl and Co. had released an album that sounded like AFD, then people would've whined and bitched and complained that they didn't do anything "new." People are never pleased. The new GNR sound isn't going to be like the AFD GNR or the UYI GNR. And because of that, people will be disappointed. I won't be, because it's Axl Rose, and Axl Rose is a genuis and the best thing to ever happen to music. I believe the new CD will have a few bona fide hits that everybody will love and they will get lots of airplay. I also believe there will be a handful of songs that are so unlike anything GNR has ever done before, that people will be caught off guard and bash it and say it's horrible.

Somebody mentioned the whole teenager deal. Well, I'm 19. I was born the year AFD came out. Guns were already broken up by the time I got turned on to them in 7th grade. But we teens find good music; we sort through the chambers of time until we come across Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stones and The Doors. I don't know anybody my age or younger who is as huge a GNR fan as I am; but I do know many who are in love with them and would definitely rush out to buy Chinese Democracy. I think some of you would be surprised at just how many teens are into GNR. I even know a ton of teenage girls who now own their Greatest Hits. Some are as young as 13. So I think there will be plenty of "young" people buying the new album, too.

Will Chinese Democracy be huge? In many ways, yes. People are definitely going to talk about it; I can guarantee you that. Will it be number one? No doubt about it. If VR debuted at #1, there's no way in hell GNR won't. How long will it stay there? That's anybody's guess? Will it even produce any number one hits? I doubt it. The billboards are too infested with crap like 50 Cent and Mariah Carey; I mean, my God, Guns N Roses only had one number hit EVER!!!! What does that say about "popular" music??? I have a feeling Chinese Democracy won't be the huge commercial success it should be; but I also think that it'll sell a lot more over time. And hell, maybe it'll even introduce a new generation to the greatest motherfucking rock n roll band to ever roam the planet!!!!!!!!!!!

Here Today . . .
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2006, 09:32:22 AM »

Good post gilee.... cof...cof... Axl... cof... cof....

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2006, 09:46:03 AM »

i hope that it is a good album or albums. i know for a fact that it will not be anywhere nere as good as Illsions or appitite so we pritty much know what to expect. and also with out the members that made gnr GNR the music will not be that great. we are prolly going to see new age sort of rock trying to sound a little old school. like I.R.s. i dont think we will see any epics that beat sweet child of mine or welcome to the jungle.  so unless its realy supprisingly good it will just be another album that no one realy talks about in 6 months.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2006, 12:57:13 PM »

if it sounds like the leaks we heard minus CITR, it will be good

if it's more like OMG, Silkworms, Rhiad, CD, or The Blues, it will be a big dissapointment and I will have looked forward to it for 15 years for nothing
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2006, 01:08:11 PM »

Can you see CD being a landmark rock record?

No chance.

It won't change how radio is programmed, make what is considered cool uncool or start any societal trends.

However..

It will be a record that marks the comeback of Axl Rose and the record that solidifies his legacy, good or bad.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2006, 01:15:51 PM »

I've been browing through this message board for a couple days before finally deciding to register; it seems to me that there are a lot of Axl haters on here, which makes no sense considering this is a GNR message board. I have no idea what the hell they're doing here. Anyways ....

I haven't heard any of the songs that were recently leaked online. I don't want to either. For some reason I don't think Axl would want me to hear them now, so I'd rather not. It's like your mom offering to give you your Christmas presents on Thanksgiving. I'd like to unravel that great prize later, although I've waited MANY, MANY Christmases. I've heard a few live tracks from the 2002 tour; and I already think "The Blues" is the best thing I've heard in years.

I think Chinese Democracy will enter the charts at number one. There are a ton of GNR fans that will rush out to buy it right away. And there are many more that will buy it just to see what all the wait has been about. I also believe many people are going to be disappointed and I believe there are many Axl-haters just crouching in the ditch and salivating at the mouth in eagerness of being able to say how bad the album sucks. People are going to say "We waited a decade for THIS?!?!" But people are idiots. It's just like people were disappointed with the UYI albums; everybody whined and bitched and complained that "This doesn't sound like AFD!!!!" And everybody and their Mr. Brownstone dancing mother has made their own track list of the ULTIMATE UYI album and how it would've been the biggest thing ever, but no, "Axl had to be stupid and put a bunch of filler on his CDs." Whatever. Just "get in the ring" motherfuckers and "suck my ass!"

Axl Rose has always done his own thing, and that's why he kicks so much ass. He doesn't give a shit what people say about him; he goes out and he does things HIS way; and he isn't afraid to take risks. GNR were always changing their sound, which I believe is good; they adapted and evolved. (Is it just me? Or does nearly every Bon Jovi song sound EXACTLY the same???) If Axl and Co. had released an album that sounded like AFD, then people would've whined and bitched and complained that they didn't do anything "new." People are never pleased. The new GNR sound isn't going to be like the AFD GNR or the UYI GNR. And because of that, people will be disappointed. I won't be, because it's Axl Rose, and Axl Rose is a genuis and the best thing to ever happen to music. I believe the new CD will have a few bona fide hits that everybody will love and they will get lots of airplay. I also believe there will be a handful of songs that are so unlike anything GNR has ever done before, that people will be caught off guard and bash it and say it's horrible.

Somebody mentioned the whole teenager deal. Well, I'm 19. I was born the year AFD came out. Guns were already broken up by the time I got turned on to them in 7th grade. But we teens find good music; we sort through the chambers of time until we come across Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stones and The Doors. I don't know anybody my age or younger who is as huge a GNR fan as I am; but I do know many who are in love with them and would definitely rush out to buy Chinese Democracy. I think some of you would be surprised at just how many teens are into GNR. I even know a ton of teenage girls who now own their Greatest Hits. Some are as young as 13. So I think there will be plenty of "young" people buying the new album, too.

Will Chinese Democracy be huge? In many ways, yes. People are definitely going to talk about it; I can guarantee you that. Will it be number one? No doubt about it. If VR debuted at #1, there's no way in hell GNR won't. How long will it stay there? That's anybody's guess? Will it even produce any number one hits? I doubt it. The billboards are too infested with crap like 50 Cent and Mariah Carey; I mean, my God, Guns N Roses only had one number hit EVER!!!! What does that say about "popular" music??? I have a feeling Chinese Democracy won't be the huge commercial success it should be; but I also think that it'll sell a lot more over time. And hell, maybe it'll even introduce a new generation to the greatest motherfucking rock n roll band to ever roam the planet!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent post! I've always thought this and I'm glad CD won't sound like AFD, because it would just be the same old same old... And, yes, there'll be lots of people claiming it sucks just  because, but I think lots of new people will become fans of GnR. The day it comes out, I'll bet we'll have lots of trolls coming over here to B.S. about how it sucks and crap like that... If it gets bad reviews, they'll also throw that in our faces, like it's gospel and it's the truth...
godiva
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2006, 02:06:34 PM »

Hi Gilee7, welcome to the board.  ok Just wanted to say it is really nice to have some younger people listening to GNR, although with 19 years you're probably not the youngest here. I too hope that CD will generate more young fans. Can't wait to see all these teenagers in my school wearing GNR T-shirts! Hearing those leaks get my hopes up that this album will be phenomenal and change what we hear on the radio. let's face it, things are kinda boring right now. So, bring on Chinese Democracy!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2006, 02:17:11 PM »

From what I've heard from the demos, I think it will be fantastic. I don't care if it changes the rock scene or not, I just want something different to listen to than nowadays crap.

I have faith that Axl will deliver.
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2006, 02:36:22 PM »

if it sounds like the leaks we heard minus CITR, it will be good

if it's more like OMG, Silkworms, Rhiad, CD, or The Blues, it will be a big dissapointment and I will have looked forward to it for 15 years for nothing

I really enjoyed CITR .... it was soft but so was other classiscs like November rain and dont cry and estranged ..i think CITR will be a classic then again all of the songs on the album will be classixs

- Stewie Griffin-
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2006, 03:37:47 PM »

I have faith that Axl will deliver.

Really? Were you born yesterday?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2006, 03:44:52 PM »

that would explain it but come on dont be so negative  Undecided

- Stewie Griffin-
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: