Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:46:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 12475 times)
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 11:39:46 AM »

Who knows....I'm close to Axl's age! However, people overestimate the importance of the teen crowd. You forget they don't have money! The older set does...people in their 30's.

Actually, as a business major, one of the most intriguing things I've learned is that teenagers constitute a major sector of the market. ?Almost everything that is advertised is targeted toward teens. ?This is because they have a very disposable income. ?They don't have to worry about paying bills, paying tuition, or saving for a family vacation. ?A lot of teens get an allowance while others work. ?The money that they earn is entirely disposable as they don't have any expenses. ?Whatever money a teenager gets, he or she can spend it on something he or she wants, like CDs, meals, movies, and clothes. ?So, it is important that GNR appeals to teenagers, as they will are the ones who buy the majority of music. ?Just think about this: who bought AFD? ?I'm pretty sure that not a lot of 30 year olds bought it when it came out.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 11:52:33 AM »

Maybe not alot of 30 year olds, but AFD appealed to alot more people than just people that listened to rock or headbangers
DCGNR2006
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 12:09:33 PM »

This CD is going to be amazing and I think anyone who is checking in on this site agrees. If it was just going to be another average album, he would not have parted ways and would have written some weak-ass songs to go with the Snakepit stuff.

From the 8 or 9 songs we've heard already, I have no doubts, and the other 20 something songs are probably gonna be even more intense than those we've heard
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 12:13:02 PM »

Nothing I have heard so far warrants a 14 year delay.  It sounds like OMG was written and recorded in about 15 minutes.  Don't even get me started on Silkworms.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 12:14:07 PM »

GNR second to Creed...

what a horrible thought.? It's true though.? Coldplay is probably the band that everyone has latched onto now, over the past few years.? Though I'm not a fan, they're a great band, having massive success, and certainly better than Creed.

Coldplay...yawn.... nervous
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 12:46:55 PM »

Co-sign.

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 12:49:09 PM »

Co-sign.

um... tangent

GNRevolution... the missing link.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

Nothing I have heard so far warrants a 14 year delay.? It sounds like OMG was written and recorded in about 15 minutes.? Don't even get me started on Silkworms.

you forgot rhiad or chinese democracy as well
SlashDelonge
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 03:41:46 PM »

rhiad and the bedouins.....enough said
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2006, 03:47:36 PM »

silk worms might not even be on the album

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 03:52:11 PM »

silk worms might not even be on the album

well, if you were at the one of the 2002 shows, hadn't heard any of the leaked tracks, and only heard OMG, Silkworms, and Rhiad you would be thinking if it's anything like those tracks, this album is gonna suck donkey dick

considering those songs represent 30% of the newest material we've heard from Axl in the last 15 years, it would be fare to guess that sound will be represented thoughout the album

Hopefully, he will have lost some of that influence in the sound over the last few years as rock has made a comback and when he started it, grunge and techno were big
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »

It's gonna be some of the best material around. But I doubt it can switch mainstream focus onto the rock world again. Landmarks can't happen without fucking MTV or VH1 anymore, which sucks, and radio plays shit for hours on end. I'm afraid this great album won't have the reaction we're all looking for.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 03:54:33 PM »

well we dont know maybe (hopefully not) hell wait long and produce rand spanking new material for CD till then send out a demo disc lol

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2006, 03:56:18 PM »

When he started this album disco and funk were in.....
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2006, 03:57:22 PM »

Ur really damn negative  smoking

- Stewie Griffin-
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2006, 04:09:32 PM »

It's gonna be some of the best material around. But I doubt it can switch mainstream focus onto the rock world again. Landmarks can't happen without fucking MTV or VH1 anymore, which sucks, and radio plays shit for hours on end. I'm afraid this great album won't have the reaction we're all looking for.

Well, the first time I listened to AFD, which I bought the day after I saw the Roxy show on Headbangers Ball back in 87/88 (?); after listening to it, I never really thought it would be as mainstream as it was.  For some reason, it just struck a chord.

Personally, I think the Illusion albums did so well only on the strength of AFD.
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2006, 04:11:26 PM »

or lies

- Stewie Griffin-
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2006, 04:41:13 PM »

Valid question I think

Do you think axl's age or look could help or hurt his album sales being young people will buy the album most likely? Style n looks are important in the mainstream... Not the rule I made up, it's just common knowledge..? The older people will just buy it , they know axl is older, and they know he has done quality in the past..

Do kids (teens) thinks a 44 year old man dressed like that is "cool"?

All age groups seem to like Velvet Revolver, and they aren't much younger than Axl.

Yeah, that's because for one reason or another, everyone on the face of the earth likes Slash. Minus, big shot ass hole guitarists who say he sucks. Something about Slash (top hat, fro) draw the masses in. Everyone hates Axl, and lots and lots of people are going to make fun of him when the record comes out. Everyone will hail Slash when the next VR record comes out and that album will definately go multi-platinum.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Sparksry
VIP

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2006, 04:43:53 PM »

Thats what i hate is when people are judged because of appearence like axl is a mastermind at music hes a genious and there are plenty better guitarists then slash like i think fink is amazing but thats besides the point. the point is is that slash gets all the attention because he is a froed moron!

- Stewie Griffin-
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2006, 04:51:59 PM »

Thats what i hate is when people are judged because of appearence like axl is a mastermind at music hes a genious and there are plenty better guitarists then slash like i think fink is amazing but thats besides the point. the point is is that slash gets all the attention because he is a froed moron!

to even mention finck in the same sentence as slash..  Imagine a person or people who would judge by apperance.. Didn't we have a 95 page thread with half the posts saying weiland was gay, the whole thread was apperance type posts hihi People talk like most mainstream music that goes huge is because it's quality music no

he's a fraud moron, I love the gnr fans on the gnr forum.... The solos between afd and the illusions alone are most better then anyone will do with a group in such a short period of time..  he accomplished this stuff in his early twenties on
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: