Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:17:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 12473 times)
GNFNR
« on: March 21, 2006, 05:52:21 AM »

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:04:15 AM by GNFNR » Logged
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 05:56:23 AM »

it will be all of those things, I hope that makes sense cause it is the truth!

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
godiva
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 06:04:46 AM »

I sure hope it will be a landmark rock record, waited long enough for it!
badapple81
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 06:08:08 AM »

If the songs are on par with 'Better', then yes it will be. TWAT need some work in my opinion but with a few rockers on par with Better, a few of Axl's classic ballads and maybe 1 or 2 songs with a really different feel like CITR.. then yeah it will be a classic album. The album will have something for everyone. I think (like the Illusions) it needs to have a few radio friendly blockbusters like UYI had, like YCBM, a few rock fan friendly songs like RNDTH was, and then those songs like Breakdown and Locomotive will become really appreciated and underated songs. That's how I see a song like CITR.. a different sounding song on the album but one that will become a fans favourite.
Gordi
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »

I'm pretty damn sure it'll be something special. I'm pretty confidant of that.  yes
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 07:43:15 AM »

I don't see it being worth the 15 year wait; I think it's impossible for anything to be that good.  It's going to be spectacular, nonetheless.  CD will certainly blow anything else that's on the market now out of the water.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 07:43:56 AM »

I am still very unsure if it will be more then just snother record in the united states... ?No doubt the idea of a new gnr record with new material since 1991 will be a spectacle in itself.. ?It has the ingredients for major hype with proper promotion and the radio stations could eat it up... The question is how many of your average rock fans feel a new guns record is as important as a big time fan might feel.. ?The build up and how long it took can make it do much better, no question, if axl popped this fucker out in say 1999 it would have been just another record... ?Right now there is no one big time new dominate band, a few years back new gnr would have most likely been second to Creed.. Music quality isn't always important, it's what people latch onto..
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 07:47:43 AM »

GNR second to Creed...

what a horrible thought.  It's true though.  Coldplay is probably the band that everyone has latched onto now, over the past few years.  Though I'm not a fan, they're a great band, having massive success, and certainly better than Creed.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 07:51:36 AM »

GNR second to Creed...

what a horrible thought.? It's true though.? Coldplay is probably the band that everyone has latched onto now, over the past few years.? Though I'm not a fan, they're a great band, having massive success, and certainly better than Creed.

Yup, song quality means dick in the mainstream world... Fuckers loved kid rock and limp in the late 90's, people loved creed n linkin park after that.. Shit creed had 4 number one singles off one album, something gnr never could accomplish even with afd.. That's with it's so easy, PC, wttj, scom (#1).. Now you have sissy rock like train or coldplay... The only other band with the ability to sell a lot of albums are U-2, and maybe greenday being AI restored their career
madagas
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 08:07:02 AM »

The Blues, CITR..songs like that are perfect for adult rock radio...songs like Better are perfect for modern rock radio. I am sure there will be a few classic rock songs. They have potential for crossover play like Coldplay and Green Day. Potential to sell 4-5 million in the US after a few years. Axl still writes catchy melodies-simple as that. The "potential" for a big record is there. Now, it comes down to whether Axl can keep his head on straight and play his cards right. Unfortunately, that is a BIG if....... Wink
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 08:11:20 AM »

Valid question I think

Do you think axl's age or look could help or hurt his album sales being young people will buy the album most likely? Style n looks are important in the mainstream... Not the rule I made up, it's just common knowledge..  The older people will just buy it , they know axl is older, and they know he has done quality in the past..

Do kids (teens) thinks a 44 year old man dressed like that is "cool"?
madagas
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 08:17:19 AM »

Who knows....I'm close to Axl's age! However, people overestimate the importance of the teen crowd. You forget they don't have money! The older set does...people in their 30's. An image change would be good for Axl but I don't see him pandering to anyone. The key will be getting his songs on multiple formats on radio....which he has a shot at but it will be tough with the modern rock format in some markets. That is where the ol Interscope/Geffen payola kicks in! Grin
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 08:22:16 AM »

Who knows....I'm close to Axl's age! However, people overestimate the importance of the teen crowd. You forget they don't have money! The older set does...people in their 30's. An image change would be good for Axl but I don't see him pandering to anyone. The key will be getting his songs on multiple formats on radio....which he has a shot at but it will be tough with the modern rock format in some markets. That is where the ol Interscope/Geffen payola kicks in! Grin
the last line really gets me.. I have been thinking the same thing.. Giving the money to radio stations to play your songs.. No doubt geffen/interscope has ahuge influence, and I think they have the same in getting videos played.. I always thought there was a direct relation between mtv n geffen??
madagas
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 08:25:45 AM »

The original band didn't blow up that huge for nothing! Let's hope Interscope deems the album worthy of another big payout. They have obviously put alot in to it already (13 million or so). hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 08:32:45 AM »

The original band didn't blow up that huge for nothing! Let's hope Interscope deems the album worthy of another big payout. They have obviously put alot in to it already (13 million or so). hihi

I don't know rock stats or anything, but not many albums go to number one a year later..  Sometimes I think excellent music should be given a little push so people can actually not waste such music
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »

Valid question I think

Do you think axl's age or look could help or hurt his album sales being young people will buy the album most likely? Style n looks are important in the mainstream... Not the rule I made up, it's just common knowledge..  The older people will just buy it , they know axl is older, and they know he has done quality in the past..

Do kids (teens) thinks a 44 year old man dressed like that is "cool"?

All age groups seem to like Velvet Revolver, and they aren't much younger than Axl.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 11:24:08 AM »

If this is to be a huge album then Axl's best need to get better.  Most of what I have heard so far is mediocre at best.  This album may alienate old fans so Axl had better hope that the kids will gobble this up.  Correction Madgas, teens have a huge percentage of the buying power in the US.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 11:26:44 AM »

people overestimate the importance of the teen crowd. You forget they don't have money!

Anytime I walk into a record store there's nothing but teens and emo dorks running around. ?They might not have much money, but they don't seem to have too much trouble scraping together fifteen bucks for a CD they want.

You can't discredit them. ?They are, unfortunately, a big reason why Chinese Democracy might not reach it's full marketing potential. ?I was a teen when GN'R were at their peak and that's all the kids used to talk about minus the rap-crap crowd. ?Everyone knew who GN'R were and loved the music. ?Today's kids are mostly like: ?"oh, that old hairband?"
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 11:30:53 AM by Kayoss » Logged

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 11:31:23 AM »

Whether ot not Chinese Democracy is just another album will depend on the quality of the material.  Based on the 10 songs I've heard it will be just another album that took way to long and cost way to much to put out.

Now, I've heard some of the songs played in 02 may or may not be on the album and there are much better tracks that we don't know about, and that may be true.  But based on the material I've heard, I liked 3-4 songs from it that too me, are nothing earth shattering or ground breaking, etc. 
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 11:39:28 AM »

no, it will be just another good album though. hehe.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: