Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:19:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Stations Playing IRS - TWAT - Better (was WAAf in Boston is playing IRS)  (Read 94136 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #400 on: February 21, 2006, 01:49:50 PM »

TWAT feedback:

First caller said: Sucks

Next: Hang it up

Next: Did he go to get coffee while recording this thing?

are they friggin retarded or what?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #401 on: February 21, 2006, 01:49:54 PM »

A guy asked if the guy mixing the song went to get coffee while TWAT was being recorded - the DJ said "well, in all fairness..." and then he was cut off.

I guess he was going to mention it was a demo, but then decided against it and cut himself off.

Yeah - a 128 kbs MP3 does indeed sound like shit over the radio.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #402 on: February 21, 2006, 01:51:27 PM »

A guy asked if the guy mixing the song went to get coffee while TWAT was being recorded - the DJ said "well, in all fairness..." and then he was cut off.

I guess he was going to mention it was a demo, but then decided against it and cut himself off.

I cannot believe anyone sent that song to the radio.? That is exactly what some of these folks wanted, an unfinished experiment they could rip.

Start calling, and telling them to play IRS instead.? IRS was allowed to be spun for a reason.? This could be as counterproductive as the MTV performance.  Let mgt. decide what is allowed or not.  IRS was, TWAT is NOT DONE. 
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #403 on: February 21, 2006, 01:54:24 PM »

Agreed.  I told you guys it woudn't be smart for radio to begin playing T.W.A.T. at this time.  think *SHORT ATTENTION SPAN* - IRS was being drilled into listeners' heads nicely.  Now this kind of goes and fucks all of that up.  Not to mention how I wonder management must feel about this.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #404 on: February 21, 2006, 01:55:37 PM »

so why doesn't management do anything about it?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #405 on: February 21, 2006, 01:55:55 PM »

I think they'll have a full finished version of "Better" soon enough, and that song will officially mark Axl's return to the billboard charts. beer
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #406 on: February 21, 2006, 01:56:09 PM »

The responses to TWAT seem to be negative. ?What about IRS? ?Were there more positive remarks towards the song? ?

I actually like TWAT better. ?You just have to give it a few listens. ?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #407 on: February 21, 2006, 01:56:27 PM »

If TWAT was really bad the station would not be playing it every hour on the hour. Sure they take the phone calls that rip the song but if the song was going to turn listeners off they would not be playing it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
madagas
« Reply #408 on: February 21, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »

Darknemus, well, I agree. But who the fuck would send the shorter version. At least the longer version has a badass ending. Without Bucket's solo at the end, it is...ahhh, fuck it. Management should say something officially about the age of these tracks and condition they are in. Undecided
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #409 on: February 21, 2006, 01:57:19 PM »

I can verify that Maxwell at WMMS in Cleveland has both IRS and TWAT.  However, I don't know if either has been played.  Anyone know?

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #410 on: February 21, 2006, 01:57:25 PM »

Yeah, it's still not "cool" to give Axl good press yet.. most dj's/people would rather bash him....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #411 on: February 21, 2006, 01:58:16 PM »

Bah...........The song still sounds better then all the other CRAP on the radio now.

There will be good reviews too.

Think about what people consider "good music" these days. That is the type of person who doesn't like this song(s). Is that really that important what they think?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 02:00:33 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #412 on: February 21, 2006, 01:59:08 PM »

Yeah, it's still not "cool" to give Axl good press yet.. most dj's/people would rather bash him....

The DJ didn't bash him at all. Not from what I heard.........
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #413 on: February 21, 2006, 01:59:38 PM »

I have been saying the last few day's TWAT was very rough and should not have been leaked.....everyone else said NOO- it is the greatest song in the world... open your ears...the vocals on the pre-chorus are messed up......... I hope they get the single for BETTER released now and fix this......TWAT will be an epic like NOV RAIN....Please let them have gotten further into the recording than this demo

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #414 on: February 21, 2006, 01:59:45 PM »

Yeah, no shit, these are the same people that are probably listening to fall out boy......
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #415 on: February 21, 2006, 02:01:26 PM »

I don't think TWAT is a good song for the radio mentality, at least not at this point for New GNR.  It took me at least 10 listens before I started to get into it, and I'm a nutty GNR fan ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #416 on: February 21, 2006, 02:02:23 PM »

Bah...........The song still sounds better then all the other CRAP on the radio now.

Think about what people consider "good music" these days. That is the type of people who does not like this song(s). Is that really that important what they think?

I agree.  There's also plenty of people out there who are waiting to bash Axl at any chance they get, they live for negativity and the chance to complain about something.  Many of these people will buy the album anyway, just so they can complain about it.  You're not going to please everyone, and we haven't heard a finished version of the song anyway.  That version we heard song was recorded at least 3 years ago probably more
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #417 on: February 21, 2006, 02:03:19 PM »

Think about what people consider "good music" these days. That is the type of people who does not like this song(s). Is that really that important what they think?

I agree.? There's also plenty of people out there who are waiting to bash Axl at any chance they get, they live for negativity and the chance to complain about something.? Many of these people will buy the album anyway, just so they can complain about it.? You're not going to please everyone, and we haven't heard a finished version of the song anyway.? That version we heard song was recorded at least 3 years ago probably more

The  version playing on WAAF is from 1999. Buckthead is not even on the track.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #418 on: February 21, 2006, 02:04:41 PM »

I agree.  There's also plenty of people out there who are waiting to bash Axl at any chance they get, they live for negativity and the chance to complain about something.  Many of these people will buy the album anyway, just so they can complain about it.  You're not going to please everyone, and we haven't heard a finished version of the song anyway.  That version we heard song was recorded at least 3 years ago probably more

The  version playing on WAAF is from 1999. Buckthead is not even on the track.

so. Undecided
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #419 on: February 21, 2006, 02:04:57 PM »

Reaction to TWAT is fairly predictable, UYI/Axl type fans will love it while AFD era fans may not.

I'm not sure it's a song that will bring many new fans around, at least not this demo version.

WAAF has a good playlist, less the random Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister and whatnot. ?I could do without 20 Pink Floyd spins a day as well. ?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: